Statue Sideshow-Weta Prince Isildur Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of a pre-production prototype I purchased. Its a great looking piece and its interesting having both versions of this piece to see the changes they made to this. I just wish the USPS had been a little kinder to it when they handled it. I had to fix the base.

IMG_2271 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2273 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2288 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2289 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2297 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2312 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2316 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2326 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2327 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2330 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_2347 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

...I just wish the USPS had been a little kinder to it when they handled it. I had to fix the base.

Seriously WTF!? It makes it worse on such a rare item.

Otherwise it looks good. It's cool to have such a rare piece.

I have that first bust & I must say I much prefer the released version to the pre-production version. I'm not too keen on that 'looking at the ground' posture of the pre-production version. But it's still a great piece to own & that damage to the base is truly shocking.

Seriously WTF!? It makes it worse on such a rare item.

Otherwise it looks good. It's cool to have such a rare piece.

I know. The box was a bit smashed. I was a little surprised they were so rough with it and it is a little worse because its a rare item.

Agreed. It's pretty sweet owning such a rare piece.

I have that first bust & I must say I much prefer the released version to the pre-production version. I'm not too keen on that 'looking at the ground' posture of the pre-production version. But it's still a great piece to own & that damage to the base is truly shocking.

I prefer the final looking up and the addition of the Ring. Owning the Proto though is pretty sweet but shameful that the USPS wasn't kinder with it.

What's the history behind to prototype? Do you have any more info?

This is a pre-production prototype. Before the changes were made on raising the head and adding the Ring this is what it was going to look like. Once the changes were made I'm sure another pre-production piece was made matching that. I won't give away who I bought this from but this at one time was something only a Sideshow employee would have had. I don't know how many are in existence but I can't imagine its too many.

Back