Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I should of phrased it "I hope a lot of people would find it unacceptable to tear apart a $400 statue to fix an issue that shouldn't of been there" Obviously you feel it is acceptable so more power to ya... Although I don't agree with you regarding that for $400 we should expect subpar statues which is what you insinuated in your reply. You can read through the 1000's of posts here and in SF regarding this issue, quite a few posts basically said the same thing I did....

Anyways my post was meant as a counter point to new members who are often told "Dude this statue is perfect you got to buy it" :)

As for XM's statues, for the extra cost your not only get better QC but your also getting rarity, with only 500 made these statues become a lot more valuable down the road once they sell out, maybe that doesn't mean anything to you but it does for other people who like to collect rare statues.

Anyways I don't expect perfection from SS, there QC has been hit and miss since I've been collecting their statues. But when they do miss big IMO I will call them out for it...

To be honest it's not as hit and miss as all that. They put out a huge amount of product and for every statue that has QC issues there are a great many that don't. For the Batman statue, I was willing to accept the issue it came with because, as I said, it wasn't nearly as bad as some made it out to be. As for rarity, that's not why I collect, never has been with anything I've collected, but to counter that statement, I did just get my Punisher EX PF earlier this year for $360 and only 350 were made. It's not like everything has a high ES and it's not like you should have pay over retail market to get it either. I just see a lot of people bashing SSC, and some of it I completely Understand(I've even done so over what I see is unnecessary price increases), and other times I think its overblown garbage put out by people that have nothing better to do or are only happy when doing so.

I'd like to retract my previous statement. I would have liked to see this Superman next to the comic Superman on a shelf. HOWEVER, comic Superman is so big only tiny things will fit around him. Alas, I shall make a whole new space for MoS and now I may have to buy something else to stand next to him. *sigh

Oh, or I could just figure out a new display. Cause that wont be expensive.
:mad:

I'd like to retract my previous statement. I would have liked to see this Superman next to the comic Superman on a shelf. HOWEVER, comic Superman is so big only tiny things will fit around him. Alas, I shall make a whole new space for MoS and now I may have to buy something else to stand next to him. *sigh

First world problems.

I think Keaton's Batman would look sweet next to MOS.

First world problems.

If you're in this forum to talk about first world problems, I've got news for you. I happen to be here to discuss collecting and displays. OMG, this IS a collectible forum, right? Did I get this wrong. Crap, is this a forum about world issues?

If you're in this forum to talk about first world problems, I've got news for you. I happen to be here to discuss collecting and displays. OMG, this IS a collectible forum, right? Did I get this wrong. Crap, is this a forum about world issues?

I think he was just joking man. Haha. Usually when people say "first world problems" they don't mean "let's discuss world issues".

I take a bit of issue with your statement. Had the flaws with the arm pits been so extreme that it was ridiculous, would I have have accepted it? No, no I wouldn't have but I found with a bit of messing with the fabric most of the sag was actually easy to alleviate with about 45minutes worth of work. If I want to further 'fix' it to make it exactly like the prototype I can then use the glue remedy. I'm sure you're going to say that for $400 I shouldn't have to do this but in all honesty every Premium Format I've bought with a Cloth Costume has required some adjusting out of the box because of the packaging and how I'd like the cloth to sit. This was just a bit more work as the cloth was cut incorrectly.

Could the fabric have been cut correctly, sure, but I'm certain they cut the fabric in mass quantities, which expalins why so many had the issue.Had you been paying attention you'd see that some of the newer Regulars, which were probably made in a batch following the original run have been cut better. as people have shown pictures of.

Another thing I take issue with is your terms "A lot", "Many" and "Most", you're speaking for yourself and maybe a some other board members but they are free to express their own opinions. The Fact remains that 2000 EX's sold out and Regs are selling as evident by the pictures that are popping up from people who have bought them. Don't include others in your sentiments and make sweeping generalizations. I understand you don't like this statue, you've made that fairly clear and that's fine. You have every right not to.

The last thing I take issue with is how you think I feel because of whatever made up allegences you may think some of us have. I like this statue. end of story. It has nothing to do with it's manufacturer. I detest many other Sideshow products, including the new Jean Grey, The Scarlet Witch, The Red Hulk PF and others. I only buy from Sideshow because I have an appreciation for the talent of their sculptors. For you to say that "only because it's sideshow do they like it" is ridiculous. I buy statues from other companies however, with a few Exceptions, the detail of the sculpture those companies have doesn't compare to the artists that Sideshow has in their employ. Were they to fire the sculptors I enjoy work from, that would change.

What I find funny, is that you say for $400 you expect pefect Quality, which again is your right, however from what I've seen is that is a new trend happening with XM studios. People are willing to pay $150-$250 more for what they consider "Perfect Quaility" and that's before shipping is tacked on. How long before Sideshow sees this and says "Well we can increase our Quality control if we increase our prices by $150-$250 per statue as well." Will you then be willing to pay those prices from Sideshow? Is that the direction that some people think this should go?

Personally I do not like XM's initial Captain America offering, what I find funny about it is that people who criticise Sideshow for a few of reasons (One leg up pose and high prices being the two that come to mind) Don't say the same things about the new XM statue even though they're paying much more for it...I wonder why.

Okay so Sorry this got off topic but I just was kind of thinking and typing at the same time. And Dan350zr, please don't take this as an attack it's just my opinion of your statements as I feel they're generalized a bit too much.

because the number on the bottom of the base is smaller :lol

I guess I should of phrased it "I hope a lot of people would find it unacceptable to tear apart a $400 statue to fix an issue that shouldn't of been there" Obviously you feel it is acceptable so more power to ya... Although I don't agree with you regarding that for $400 we should expect subpar statues which is what you insinuated in your reply. You can read through the 1000's of posts here and in SF regarding this issue, quite a few posts basically said the same thing I did....

Anyways my post was meant as a counter point to new members who are often told "Dude this statue is perfect you got to buy it" :)

As for XM's statues, for the extra cost your not only get better QC but your also getting rarity, with only 500 made these statues become a lot more valuable down the road once they sell out, maybe that doesn't mean anything to you but it does for other people who like to collect rare statues.

Anyways I don't expect perfection from SS, there QC has been hit and miss since I've been collecting their statues. But when they do miss big IMO I will call them out for it...

I dont know, i never had to mess with the fabric on one of my statues, except maybe to position a cape...

You will never get agreement on this (same as Green Lantern), but your point noted by others.

I was incredibly impressed with Punishers, Harleys and Comic Supes fabric. Will be intersting to see how the MoS looks, since it has more of an armored look to it.

I am happy to report that my first flex payment has been charged for the Man of Steel PF. I can not wait to get it :)

yeah it sucks they keep delaying it... only have the last payment left on my flex... but they keep moving the finish line :(

I'm puzzled as to why no one has taken any pics of this guy yet @ sdcc....is he really not being displayed or what lol. You would think he would for sure be there bt no sign yet anyways :slap

Back