Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would have ever thought Cavill with a higher ES then Reeve? Awesome. Just goes to show how important it is to get the sculpt right I guess

And that is with no EX on this. They left A LOT of money on the table on the Reeve piece. Should have listened to the feedback and put it up later.

I think this piece is pretty awesome. Plan on eventually getting it, kind of assuming there is no rush, but have an order in at BBTS just in case.

Who would have ever thought Cavill with a higher ES then Reeve? Awesome. Just goes to show how important it is to get the sculpt right I guess

Yea, important things like sculpt, paint, pose, base, good EX all ignored. I bet they even have a crappy looking box for him:lol

And that is with no EX on this. They left A LOT of money on the table on the Reeve piece. Should have listened to the feedback and put it up later.

I think this piece is pretty awesome. Plan on eventually getting it, kind of assuming there is no rush, but have an order in at BBTS just in case.

Yeah good point... Didn't even think about the lack of an ex for this statue. I ordered him right away but I am one of the few that really liked Henry as Supes

Yeah good point... Didn't even think about the lack of an ex for this statue. I ordered him right away but I am one of the few that really liked Henry as Supes

I liked him too. I really thought he was pretty well received as the MOS. I dont quite get some of the criticism I guess.

ETA: I think 67L88Stingray was saying the CR art box was going to suck also, since pretty much everything else about it does. I would have THROWN money at SS for a CR Superman...until they unveiled the version they are selling. Talk about missing the mark.

I know people complain about the pose being too similar to the CA First Avenger pose, but since I dont and wont have that, shouldnt be an issue.

I don't care about the art box at all. I wish they would keep it plain if it saved me a few more bucks. after I unbox, they just go back in the brown shipper and into my statue shed.

I don't care about the art box at all. I wish they would keep it plain if it saved me a few more bucks. after I unbox, they just go back in the brown shipper and into my statue shed.

They wont pass on the savings though. I like them. Even though they serve no purpose since they also go back in the shipper, but they do make it feel like a premium product. I always look forward to what they look like.

I liked him too. I really thought he was pretty well received as the MOS. I dont quite get some of the criticism I guess.

ETA: I think 67L88Stingray was saying the CR art box was going to suck also, since pretty much everything else about it does. I would have THROWN money at SS for a CR Superman...until they unveiled the version they are selling. Talk about missing the mark.

I know people complain about the pose being too similar to the CA First Avenger pose, but since I dont and wont have that, shouldnt be an issue.

Ah I see. .yeah I really wanted to like the Reeve PF but there's nothing on that statue that interests me. The pose is awkward at best. Portrait is average and the base is horrific. Just my opinion of course but even as a huge Reeve fan I would never display that abomination in my house . Sorry for the fans that like him. Not trying to be disrespectful. SS could have done a much better job for collectors on that sculpt

Ah I see. .yeah I really wanted to like the Reeve PF but there's nothing on that statue that interests me. The pose is awkward at best. Portrait is average and the base is horrific. Just my opinion of course but even as a huge Reeve fan I would never display that abomination in my house . Sorry for the fans that like him. Not trying to be disrespectful. SS could have done a much better job for collectors on that sculpt

The only way they could of done a better job is if they used a better sculptor that can sculpt realistic actors. I believe the guy that sculpted Reeve is the same guy sculpting the Joker PF and both the Reeve and Joker PF sculpts look rather cartoony. I just don't think that sculptor can produce head sculpts that look realistic.:dunno

The only way they could of done a better job is if they used a better sculptor that can sculpt realistic actors. I believe the guy that sculpted Reeve is the same guy sculpting the Joker PF and both the Reeve and Joker PF sculpts look rather cartoony. I just don't think that sculptor can produce head sculpts that look realistic.:dunno

You should look up your facts before making statements like this.

Joker was sculpted by Martin Canale. One of the best if not the best sculptor in the business. There is nothing wrong with that PF.

Matt Black did Reeve. He also worked on the new Cap PF, which is awesome and he has also done Saruman. Matt can definately do realistic. He also peruses the forums a lot.

Let's not pretend there is no resemblence in the sculpt...

bhmdi.jpg

I agree, the Joker PF did look cartoony. And many things are off with the Reeve. But I can't tell if its the sculpt thats part of the issue or the paint. Or both.

You should look up your facts before making statements like this.

Joker was sculpted by Martin Canale. One of the best if not the best sculptor in the business.

I think there has been a bit of a misunderstanding, I was talking about the Ledger PF WIP and that was sculpted by Matt Black not the comic Joker PF.

This just doesn't look realistic to me.

There is nothing wrong with that PF.

If u are talking about that comic PF then yes I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with that PF.

Matt Black did Reeve. He also worked on the new Cap PF, which is awesome and he has also done Saruman. Matt can definately do realistic. He also peruses the forums a lot.

Oh yeah I looked up his work on deviantart and not one sculpt by him looks realistic IMO, well Saruman sorta does but it still seems like stylized. Nevertheless, his sculpts for his non human characters look great like his Lord of the Rings characters and creatures that he does.

Let's not pretend there is no resemblence in the sculpt...

bhmdi.jpg

I see a resemblance but it doesn't look that realistic but yeah I can definitely tell it is Reeve.

I agree, the Joker PF did look cartoony.

Well it's only a WIP but from what I am seeing now I think the Ledger PF won't look realistic.

And many things are off with the Reeve. But I can't tell if its the sculpt thats part of the issue or the paint. Or both.

Well just looking at the unpainted one you can tell it is clearly off and thus, the paint job has very little to do with why it looks off.

Well it's only a WIP but from what I am seeing now I think the Ledger PF won't look realistic.

Well just looking at the unpainted one you can tell it is clearly off and thus, the paint job has very little to do with why it looks off.

I thought you were talking about the comic version too. I think if the Ledger gets a good paint job it could look great. Too early to tell though.

The paint on Reeve does look very pale though, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. I do think the sculpt could be a bit better though. Arnie Kim's is just incredible.

I thought you were talking about the comic version too.

Yeah I know I am sorry. I should of said Ledger PF instead of saying Joker PF. :slap

I think if the Ledger gets a good paint job it could look great. Too early to tell though.

Hmm maybe but I doubt it going by what I see, but like u said too early to tell.

The paint on Reeve does look very pale though, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. I do think the sculpt could be a bit better though.

Hey I agree as well about the paint, I am just saying even without the paint, the sculpt still looks very off, so people can't blame it all on the paint. Nevertheless, what u said could be right both the paint job and sculpt could be responsible for why people hate the look of it, rather than one or the other.

Arnie Kim's is just incredible.

It sure is!

:hi5:

Last edited:
Back