Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard the sound is so much better on HT but neca's beats the ht's with original audio.
Anyone know how hard it would be to put the neca chip in the ht's Ed?

I never got a notice but Kathy at SS said mine would be charged 4/29 like everyone else so it looks like there may not be an issue of batches or waves...

Was originally goimng to pass on this but pics show how incredible it is..may have to get him now!

Hi, does anyone notice that HT missed out 2 small 'circles' on the left front and right front of ED209? I own my figure and I am just disappointed that it is different from the one shown in official pictures. Someone whom I talked to said I am too careful, lol... PD1369902756GxM.jpgPD13699027587SK.jpg

Found this page with a ton of info and pics.

https://www.slashfilm.com/hot-toys-robocop-ed-209-sixth-scale-figure/

Also...
View attachment 105615
View attachment 105675
Never really noticed the yellow text near the "ammo cases".

That's so funny that Peter Sciretta from Slashfilm got an ED-209. I remarked on his thread about the Pacific Rim statue he received just two days ago that I hoped that Sideshow would send him the ED-209 along with Robocop. And they indeed did.

Yeah, that is weird that the bolts got moved down on the chin. There seems to be no reason for the change except to make sure it's not perfect this time either. Tired of that crap.

Has there been any comparison pictures between this one and the original release? Also, does anyone know for certain how much the original one cost when it first was released?

Still on the fence with this one.... looks awesome, but until I can get official confirmation that it does or does not fit inside a standard detolf, I gotta wait...

Old lady doesn't want anything out of their cages... everyone gots to be jailed in glass or its a no go! :gah:

Still on the fence with this one.... looks awesome, but until I can get official confirmation that it does or does not fit inside a standard detolf, I gotta wait...

Old lady doesn't want anything out of their cages... everyone gots to be jailed in glass or its a no go! :gah:

Do what I do with my Endo Bust's and put it on top of the detolf, thats what I'm going to do if it dont fit ;)

Yeah, that is weird that the bolts got moved down on the chin. There seems to be no reason for the change except to make sure it's not perfect this time either. Tired of that crap.

I guess I'm not majorly fussy about accuracy on ED but I do agree on principle. Don't make it needlessly inaccurate, WTF.

What about on top of a detolf? If you want it get it. I don't have a detolf but I think depth and width might be a problem for inside one. But if you can put ED on top of a detolf you aren't making your toys take up any more of a footprint in your room than they are already and I don't think she'd be justified in having a problem.

I guess I'm not majorly fussy about accuracy on ED but I do agree on principle. Don't make it needlessly inaccurate, WTF.

What about on top of a detolf? If you want it get it. I don't have a detolf but I think depth and width might be a problem for inside one. But if you can put ED on top of a detolf you aren't making your toys take up any more of a footprint in your room than they are already and I don't think she'd be justified in having a problem.

True. It's just that I built bases for my detolf so they sit higher so the bottom shelf is not at floor level. So on top it kinda limits seeing it if he is up there. Also get worried w the rubber part that it will suck bad w dust and be a major pain. Dunno... So love the look of this guy!

Yeah, dust on that dome would be a worry. But ED being up high isn't so much a problem, he looks pretty cool from low angles, in fact I prefer him that way and have always had mine (the old one) up high.

True. It's just that I built bases for my detolf so they sit higher so the bottom shelf is not at floor level. So on top it kinda limits seeing it if he is up there. Also get worried w the rubber part that it will suck bad w dust and be a major pain. Dunno... So love the look of this guy!

The old one doesn't fit into a Detolf since its too wide and deep.
The new one won't be smaller for certain so you'll have to put it on top.
I did so with my old version when I still owned it and will do so with this bastard. :D

Get permission to put ot on top since you DON'T wanna miss this guy.
The old one was VERY impressive and I can't imagine how impressive this one will be once I have posed it in my preferred stance!!!

Wow the comparison between the old ED and the new Ed is quite revealing. The old one was great but man oh man does the new one just look so much more detailed and realistic.

Back