Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28b8e6c74e3f7544d2174e453a10761a2e8fce25.620.350.24.27.482.272.jpg

i have two EDs. i have zero ways of returning them. i'm patiently waiting for Anthrapoid to make a replacement dome and somebody to make replacement sleeves. i'm a sheep :)

Where did you get yours, P?

And how is that diorama that Jedster was building for ya? Post some pics when you get it!

Sheep.

If you're not able to return it or get a refund, that doesn't make you a sheep. I don't think that's what olbert meant.

Seriously, I feel for anyone that's in that situation. At $400, that's straight up BS and worth getting upset/depressed about.

All this complaining aside, what I want to know is: Where are the resin/plastic versions of this dome!?

It seems like every year or so (since the old ED) somebody says:
- "I'm going to cast the dome and offer up replacements for those that dont want rubber ones".
- Lists get made
- ... and NOTHING
:gah:

Forget HT and SS, this is something that we are going to have to fix ourselves.

If I could mold, I'd make the dang things myself! :tap

Somebody should start their own little enterprise selling them on ebay. They would always sell.

All this complaining aside, what I want to know is: Where are the resin/plastic versions of this dome!?

It seems like every year or so (since the old ED) somebody says:
- "I'm going to cast the dome and offer up replacements for those that dont want rubber ones".
- Lists get made
- ... and NOTHING
:gah:

Forget HT and SS, this is something that we are going to have to fix ourselves.

If I could mold, I'd make the dang things myself! :tap

Man, come on!
Anthrapoid said he'ld have health issues now, but when he recovers he'll start making domes and perhaps we can kindly ask him if he could produce some sleeves also.

As he proved with the decals he IS INDEED doing something.
And I totally respect that.

If you're not able to return it or get a refund, that doesn't make you a sheep. I don't think that's what olbert meant.

Seriously, I feel for anyone that's in that situation. At $400, that's straight up BS and worth getting upset/depressed about.
As someone that can't return it AND whose ED is not yet showing issues, I have to say it's a bit boring getting harangued all the time to join the protest or whatever (and this is in relation to anyone chiding others for 'not doing enough', not olbert, specifically). Calling people sheep and making comparisons to the Civil Rights era (lol) is not going to do anything to get anyone off the fence. Post whatever you're doing to make things right but stop trying to shame people into joining in. Whatever happens will happen.

Thank you^

If I had ordered with Sideshow, yes I'd send it back, issues or no issues, because it would be Hot Toys I'd be impacting (presumably Sideshow will in turn get compensation from Hot Toys?)

As someone that can't return it AND whose ED is not yet showing issues, I have to say it's a bit boring getting harangued all the time to join the protest or whatever (and this is in relation to anyone chiding others for 'not doing enough', not olbert, specifically). Calling people sheep and making comparisons to the Civil Rights era (lol) is not going to do anything to get anyone off the fence. Post whatever you're doing to make things right but stop trying to shame people into joining in. Whatever happens will happen.

I agree whole heartedly. Mine has no issues and believe me ive checked it everyday with magnifying glass. If mine ever does show deterioration i would be more then willing to spread the word or complain through the proper channels, but since mine does not it seems rather pointless and premature to do so if one i do have shows no issues. For anyone to bash and call people names or sheep cAuse they dont is ignorant. If yours has issues by all means do what you must, but please stop telling everyone that theres will end up like **** just like theres will be.

I agree whole heartedly. Mine has no issues and believe me ive checked it everyday with magnifying glass. If mine ever does show deterioration i would be more then willing to spread the word or complain through the proper channels, but since mine does not it seems rather pointless and premature to do so if one i do have shows no issues. For anyone to bash and call people names or sheep cAuse they dont is ignorant. If yours has issues by all means do what you must, but please stop telling everyone that theres will end up like **** just like theres will be.

be patient you must.

give it a month and then:horror:horror:horror

Thank you for that, dunno how can someone get that interpretation of what i wrote :)

Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.

;)

Maybe i should do the same since mine is ok.
Gonna close that facebok page and let fellow collectors deal with their own ****...
Yeah keep doing nothing and lament until our precious 400+ figure starts to rot.
What will happen will happen...

BTW who the dumb a-hole that dared to compare any of this to the civil right era?

Ashankl never sold his domes on Ebay the one selleing them was another guy :)

Last edited:
Giger is also the guy that told us the dome was made out of silicone when this 1st came out, that was a bunch of bs.
As for those hoping to just replace ED's rubber sections, how? The arms I could see that since its just glued inside the socket, but
the leg rubber is in between a joint at the hip. There's also the rubber in the neck and I don't see how that could be replaced.

In not worried about how it can be done.
Customizers who engineer these stuff are very resourcefull.
Once they try to do it they will find a way.

But first it should be HOT TOYS that do something :)

Guys I have a question, I decided to check out my DX09 1989 Batman and I noticed this white residue all over the figure what is it and is there a way to clean it off? I tired rubbing it and I noticed it came of sorta of. And should I put something on it to treat it like some kind of rejuvenating moisturizer or oil or something?

Guys I have a question, I decided to check out my DX09 1989 Batman and I noticed this white residue all over the figure what is it and is there a way to clean it off? I tired rubbing it and I noticed it came of sorta of. And should I put something on it to treat it like some kind of rejuvenating moisturizer or oil or something?

Post a pic over in the DX09 thread? It's certainly a very different issue than this one. Sounds like mildew, is it?

Where did you get yours, P?

And how is that diorama that Jedster was building for ya? Post some pics when you get it!
both from HK, one from first batch and another from second.

dioramas might be delayed, i found out that i have no place to keep them, and Jedster was so kind to shrink the stairs. don't know anything about the room yet )

Back