Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how it detracts from the figure, this thing still looks like a piece of work and as a robo fan, can't wait to get it

Oh well its already hit mass production so i'll have to just deal.
i think i will risk in the end to disassemble one of the arms. as one of my EDs will be forever displayed with a damaged arm, i can try to explore the construction of a spare intact gun. even if i break it, i'll just use it on Robocop like in Robocop VS Terminator game :)

Rvst_snes.gif

damnit it's still so long until arrival. so envious of Reinhardt and OMG.

That's a good catch P. elbows put on wrong way....on a $400 toy..:gah:

Let's hope it's fixable... if not I may have to pass on this one.

Typical of Hot Toys to find some way to **** up on accuracy. Having said that, it's still getting bought. Having said that, typical of Hot Toys to **** up on accuracy, having said that its still getting bought. Having said that typical of Hot Toys to **** up on accuracy, having said that it's still getting bought.......hmmm, whether to end post on a positive or negative note...I'm kinda in between tonight.

Typical of Hot Toys to find some way to **** up on accuracy. Having said that, it's still getting bought. Having said that, typical of Hot Toys to **** up on accuracy, having said that its still getting bought. Having said that typical of Hot Toys to **** up on accuracy, having said that it's still getting bought.......hmmm, whether to end post on a positive or negative note...I'm kinda in between tonight.
look on the bright side, I bet it will be posed where u can't even see the hiccup

a-dev
are you gonna display ED from behind? if not, you won't even see anything, as giant cannons and those small chicken wings completely cover the area from being seen)

p.s. a simple change of places of elbows won't do the trick anyway :) if somebody does it, he still will have to change places for a red/black wire and a silver tube.

01ea3d989a0b.jpg

Last edited:
damnit it's still so long until arrival. so envious of Reinhardt and OMG.
I think you mean Rorywan. I ordered mine from Sideshow, so it's still going to be a while. The heck was I thinking.
:lol

Seriously, it won't really bother me, I'm not quite as fussy with Robocop. I simply just wonder why HT consistently finds something to get wrong. Its frustrating that you can't depend on them to catch this stuff and that they'll probably go wrong on future figures too purely through not really looking at the source material, just copying something they or another company did before. And some things I will/do care about, such as their T-800 endoskeleton whose headsculpt is pretty badly off, among other things but the head of all things...man...

Last edited:
Good eyes P.
The details varies according to when those photos were taken.
Most of the time they differ from what we've seen on screen.
For example:
ed30mh5.jpg
Full size ED (R3 configuration) as displayed at Tippett studio.

62w2.jpg
Stop motion puppet from Tippet studio.

No wonder HT had a hard time to figure out what was wrong or right if they based their figure on these shots.
But at least Neca did a much better job in term of accuracy and have those pipes and tubes under ED body alright.
rg3m.jpg

CAIN MKII
wow that's a cool collection of actual stuff photos! so the creators didn't know what they want as well, and i'll do the same - to hell with needless replacements )
thanks for those puppets photos.

But at least Neca did a much better job in term of accuracy and have those pipes and tubes under ED body alright.
View attachment 103354
yeah, those belly pipes missing is a sad thing. not a problem for somebody with good hands and proper materials though. i definitely don't have needed materials yet. they look like parts used on tamiya bikes, but i have never seen spare parts from kits.

Last edited:
View attachment 103352
Full size ED (R3 configuration) as displayed at Tippett studio.

I see now where HT got the oil drips from. However, I am upset at HT for the screw up yet another production. Clearly they mucked it up during assembly. And for $400.00 the QC should be nearly flawless(obviously). At least they are not as bad as 3A, but come on, get it right dummies. You guys are the best out there, failure like this should be reserved only for the toy makers beneath you. And I cant understand the collectors acceptance of Hot Toys failures as just being part of the deal.

You're welcome P.
Sometime movie props are stocked or displayed without any sense of how it should be, even by their creators.
Just look at how one of the stop-mo puppet was exposed in Tippett studio hall.
The right and left cannons have been switched.
19fs.jpg

We should only use movie screen shots as reference ;)
There are even huge differences between the full scale and the puppet (like dome shape or the feet)
You should find some interesting stuff here, minus the broken links I'm too lazy to heal.
https://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=295&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

After browsing in my ED-209 archives, the tubes on the arms are correct.
Left arm's tubes are upward while right side are downward.
But HT caution decals is absolutely wrong lol

at least they didn't put the guns upside down like it's fashionable today. i hope :D
And I cant understand the collectors acceptance of Hot Toys failures as just being part of the deal.
well, that's what it is - part of the deal. because usually there is nothing to compare with. but hey, why "failure", this time they did a really great homework. i hope Robocain will have the same amount of attention.

Last edited:
There are even huge differences between the full scale and the puppet (like dome shape or the feet)
You should find some interesting stuff here, minus the broken links I'm too lazy to heal.
https://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=295&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

After browsing in my ED-209 archives, the tubes on the arms are correct.
Left arm's tubes are upward while right side are downward.
But HT caution decals is absolutely wrong lol
just noticed that added part of the message. wow you really know the material. cannot add another rep as i just did it )
so the case with elbows is that they should be posed differently, and i compared right figure elbow with left movie elbow? well so they really took a great engineer/sculptor this time. i really hope they already work on Cain.

aaaand turned guns on a movie puppet!

ed20904ye4.jpg

:rotfl

Last edited:

Great post a-dev.. :lol Sums up this place pretty well!

Back