Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually there were batteries in the remote even though it said they weren't included. The body takes an additional 3xAAA.
I feel a bit dirty saying this, but the sound function is quite fun, very loud. They did use some original material as you can hear the boardroom screams at the end of clip.

The only sound effect I would play is the dog-like growl he does, and that sounded pretty accurate to me.

Loving the pics Rory, ED-209 looks menacing. :clap

I'm still not going to pick him up though but those pics really show how much HT did ED justice.

Thanks for kind comments everyone.
I took a few pics of this with my cell phone for anyone who was asking about articulation.

Okay, but from what you can tell, do you think any part of the body is hollow?

Yes, the same as every toy? He is very well balanced.

3xAAA?
Well, that's something. More then I thought.
And sounds good on the original stuff.
Sounds are clear also?
Yeah, pretty loud and clear. Apart from the voice the audio FX are taken from the movie.

if it's already been asked, sorry...
but does know if this fits in a standard detolf?

I doubt it, maybe if he is scrunched up a bit. Not with his legs extended though. Actually, I don't know, it would be tight. :lol

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the pics Rory! Kickass!! I absolutely cannot wait. This will hold me over until I get mine from Sideshow (yeah, probably not)

Are you happy with the paint, in particular the main grey? Is it more grey than blue? it looks like that from the pics, but looks a bit different from the prototype shots, which looks to be more blue.

Last edited:
Thanks for kind comments everyone.
I took a few pics of this with my cell phone for anyone who was asking about articulation.

Yes, the same as every toy? He is very well balanced.

Yeah, pretty loud and clear. Apart from the voice the audio FX are taken from the movie.

I doubt it, maybe if he is scrunched up a bit. Not with his legs extended though. Actually, I don't know, it would be tight. :lol

Articulation looks absolutely ace, man.
Thx for the pics again and the info.
You da man.
:hi5:

Last question from me though: How heavy, you would say, is he?

4_zps5921d75a.jpg
i was searching for real ED photos to show my colleague that those wires should really be there in open air, as it is a feature of EDs unsafe design - and noticed that wires are put upside down on a toy. i guess they put a left elbow on right side, and right elbow on left side. it's the same on OMG's photos. i wonder if it can be fixed.
real ED puppet:

ed209-17.JPG

ed209-24.jpg

HT should really teach their assembler to differ left and right, remember same trouble with terminator's clavicle-bone hydraulics :D

it's also seen by emblems, i'll use OMG's photos:

ED-209HD30_zps6bf8d099.jpg~original

ED-209HD33_zps060ba5de.jpg~original

a palm or an explosion and a word "DANGER" near the rocket launcher are properly put, while the same emblem on the elbow is upside down.
definitely elbows were designed correctly, but assembled in a wrong way.

i don't think i would risk my figures by disassembling the arm to replace elbows though )))

Last edited:
Lol they mounted it wrong lol
Same thing as with the 1/4 endo lol
Doubt its gonna be easy to fix it, the arms seem to pop up easely from the shoulders but i doubt the cannons are removable that easy.
Also thos wires would have been awesome on the 1/4 endo instead of the springs they used.

Well now to think of it, the cannons do turn this Time so they might be removable.
The previous ed has its cannons glued.
Well see.

Seriously guys this figure is probably more detailed and articulated than the original puppet.
Tought the same thing about the Dx13.
The child inside le that saw these movies is giglling like crazy.

i was searching for real ED photos to show my colleague that those wires should really be there in open air, as it is a feature of EDs unsafe design - and noticed that wires are put upside down on a toy. i guess they put a left elbow on right side, and right elbow on left side. it's the same on OMG's photos. i wonder if it can be fixed.
real ED puppet:

ed209-17.JPG

ed209-24.jpg

HT should really teach their assembler to differ left and right, remember same trouble with terminator's clavicle-bone hydraulics :D

it's also seen by emblems, i'll use OMG's photos:

ED-209HD30_zps6bf8d099.jpg~original

ED-209HD33_zps060ba5de.jpg~original

a palm or an explosion and a word "DANGER" near the rocket launcher are properly put, while the same emblem on the elbow is upside down.
definitely elbows were designed correctly, but assembled in a wrong way.

i don't think i would risk my figures by disassembling the arm to replace elbows though )))

God you're right they are on wrong. :slap Oh well its already hit mass production so i'll have to just deal.

Back