Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So some of you that HAVE the ED 209 are more annoyed that collectors are pissed at HT than at HT?? LMAOOOOOO
there were always mass waves of shutting up people displeased with some details.
just this time there are two many displeased, not 1-2, so the whole outcome is unique.

a-dev, see again how turns out what you called a joke ;)

Thank you for that, dunno how can someone get that interpretation of what i wrote :)

;)

Maybe i should do the same since mine is ok.
Gonna close that facebok page and let fellow collectors deal with their own ****...
Yeah keep doing nothing and lament until our precious 400+ figure starts to rot.
What will happen will happen...

BTW who the dumb a-hole that dared to compare any of this to the civil right era?

A guy who was actually making the same inferences that you seem to be making about other collectors. I won't name names but he pretty much said people here, by 'insufficiently' backing up their complaints with actions, were failing to live up to their parents who protested wars. I presume that's the comment Invictus was referring to unless I missed something else.

Those were the comments I was referring to. Anyway, honestly at this point I'll happily lose $400.00 than be preached to by some of the clowns in this thread.

Any Civil Rights comparison is ridiculous, but its not hard to see that peeps tire of HT. I also find it REALLY unfair that HT will not refund/ exchange ALL the figs that are damaged. By not standing by their product, no matter who you bought it from, says A LOT about the company and how collector unfriendly they are. Sorry to see some of you hit by this, $400 is not chump change.

Any Civil Rights comparison is ridiculous, but its not hard to see that peeps tire of HT. I also find it REALLY unfair that HT will not refund/ exchange ALL the figs that are damaged. By not standing by their product, no matter who you bought it from, says A LOT about the company and how collector unfriendly they are. Sorry to see some of you hit by this, $400 is not chump change.

Agreed on all points.

So some of you that HAVE the ED 209 are more annoyed that collectors are pissed at HT than at HT?? LMAOOOOOO
and silicon grease!!!!!! LMAOOO OMG.. whats next leeches and snake oil??

Not sure the silicone grease is a bad ideal considering there are guys, me included, who bought their EDs from sources outside of Sideshow and they/we have no other option than to try and preserve the rubber.

If it's a chemical reaction that's occurring, we're *****ed. But if the rubber is simply prematurely dry rotting, there is a chance this could stop it or prevent it from starting all together.

Does anyone know if the guys at the other forums are experiencing the same thing?

i just checked my once-unpacked, never-assembled, packed back ED (bought long ago) to compare it with the one long displayed.
its rubber parts are good and shiny.
damn, he's so innocent, so clean, he doesn't know what fate awaits him
ngbbs510d585196c73.gif

Not sure the silicone grease is a bad ideal considering there are guys, me included, who bought their EDs from sources outside of Sideshow and they/we have no other option than to try and preserve the rubber.

If it's a chemical reaction that's occurring, we're *****ed. But if the rubber is simply prematurely dry rotting, there is a chance this could stop it or prevent it from starting all together.

Does anyone know if the guys at the other forums are experiencing the same thing?

Well if it is actual rubber that silicone grease might help but cmon we know its not rubber, HT was too cheap to even use rubber this time.
Lets all stop calling it rubber as even I know rubber doesn't rot this damn quick, only HT knows what it really is.

Well if it is actual rubber that silicone grease might help but cmon we know its not rubber, HT was too cheap to even use rubber this time.
Lets all stop calling it rubber as even I know rubber doesn't rot this damn quick, only HT knows what it really is.

True. I could see the dome being some type of rubberized foam but the accordion joint covers are likely rubber.

Those were the comments I was referring to. Anyway, honestly at this point I'll happily lose $400.00 than be preached to by some of the clowns in this thread.

Yes. this. If only I had the option.

Good post. :lecture

I agree whole heartedly. Mine has no issues and believe me ive checked it everyday with magnifying glass. If mine ever does show deterioration i would be more then willing to spread the word or complain through the proper channels, but since mine does not it seems rather pointless and premature to do so if one i do have shows no issues. For anyone to bash and call people names or sheep cAuse they dont is ignorant. If yours has issues by all means do what you must, but please stop telling everyone that theres will end up like **** just like theres will be.

Two different things you are saying there..yes. (Yoda voice)

I agree that people should stop telling other people what to do. Gather up support for your cause.. surely, but don't dismiss people or harass them for not doing what you tell them to..

I do think that these will all end up the same. I'm not basing that on anything but my experience with HT, with rubber manufacturing and with my extremely expensive macro lensed camera which shows me that my apparently perfect ED is not perfect at all.
:lol

I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn a member here named ashkanls was selling replacement domes on eBay a year or two ago.

I bought one of his replacement domes, quality wise its lovely. Was going to use on my original ED and then came the news that the V.2 was going to be released.
Thought I might put it on new ED, it didn't occur to me that I may need it a lot sooner if I keep my order (unlikely)

My origonal ED-209 is still perfect with no deterioration and I have the MK2 version expected soon, if there are any custom replacement domes getting produced count me in for two.

UPDATE: I am dealing with my health issues, and things are going ok.
I still plan to fabricate replacement domes, and my own ED dome is still showing no signs whatsoever of cracking. With all the people returning their EDs, and now the rubber elbow & hip boot problems, I'm not sure how many people will still be interested in buying a dome from me, and if it will be worth the effort; however, I am still going to make the mold at least for my own ED, so the mold can produce others if there is enough interest.

With all the people returning their EDs, and now the rubber elbow & hip boot problems, I'm not sure how many people will still be interested in buying a dome from me
ME TWICE
not returning anything, apart from rotting rubber the figures are excellent.

I still plan to fabricate replacement domes, and my own ED dome is still showing no signs whatsoever of cracking. With all the people returning their EDs, and now the rubber elbow & hip boot problems, I'm not sure how many people will still be interested in buying a dome from me, and if it will be worth the effort; however, I am still going to make the mold at least for my own ED, so the mold can produce others if there is enough interest.

Nice to hear that you're better. :)
I would definitely be interested!!!

Good to hear man, on both fronts.
And there are quite a few people who are stuck with their ED's that I'm sure would jump at a replacement.

It's the arms and legs sleeves I'm trying to work out. I'm sure there is something off the shelf that would work for those.
Cable tidy tubes or bendable tubing of some kind.

You know I'll be down for a dome replacement IF you offer it. Get well, and enjoy life first. :1-1:

Back