Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you please post pics from the side of one of the boxes slid all the way up and all the way down to show their range?
down

up

pretty limited movement, 1/4 to 1/2 inch at most, but it does move
other side has more movement due to the rockets that slide further up to expose the bottom one
5CE34446-5D7C-4A43-A23B-4BB69428E6C6.jpg

24E5BA50-9747-4527-825C-969291245DE5.jpg

And toes all extended
A55143AE-9E3A-4779-876A-9CED111D57BC.jpg

Last edited:
i will never, never understand why a certain group of people come to say "i don't care".
they don't bring any info, they don't notice something, they don't compete anything cool. they just say: "i'm dull."
looking for movie decals earlier i found a guy who reverse engineered ED-209 and started to build it, making all details in metal - like another guy already did with Robocain.
coming here, i see "attention attention! i have nothing to say about the figure, i don' care".
I get where you're coming from in regards to accuracy, P., but it's still valid to post a counterpoint to those that do nitpick these kinds of details. If one of the nit-pickers actually went and created accurate decals for sale, I might get behind that and order some. Simply posting that something's inaccurate (especially when the labels could not have been read on-screen) for it's own sake isn't very interesting, either.

This isn't worth my time.
I am annoyed by people who can't accept that I don't care about their problems.
:lol hypocrites everywhere.

Simply posting that something's inaccurate for it's own sake isn't very interesting.
It's VERY interesting. Details are everything, especially in design department.

Posting for it's own sake? Like "wow so cool I want it I've got it from there"? Yeah, stupid.

:wink1:

So I was right :wink1:

Edit : sorry.. didn't read your edit.. glad it worked :hi5:
yes sir, thanks again, you were right
i can say that the left side is much easier to bend the toes on than the right side(the one I was attempting)

It's VERY interesting...
If it was just a comparison of the details, I'd agree, but when it's just people whinging w/o offering a solution, then it's not interesting to read. Anthopoid is a good example. He doesn't b**** about the dome, he offers to cast a new one out of resin if the existing one is problematic. If you don't like the stickers, make some accurate ones. *waits for RIDDICK and P. to offer them for sale*

:lol hypocrites everywhere.

It's VERY interesting. Details are everything, especially in design department.

Posting for it's own sake? Like "wow so cool I want it I've got it from there"? Yeah, stupid.

:wink1:

:lol Hypocrite, hmm. I think you need to rethink this through. But at least I don't intentionally try to be a ******.
Look man, I can see that it's really important for you to let others know that they are boring, or hypocrites, or dull, or stupid etc because obviously your personal comments are very special, but why don't you just give it a rest and let people have their own opinions about the topic and let them express themselves any way they want to instead of appointing yourself as the self improvement supervisor.

I wonder when alter ego will get their ed209s. Preorder mine from them almost a year ago.

My understanding is SSC will be getting and shipping theirs out around the end of the month. I'd imagine other retailers that rely on SS, will get theirs in a couple weeks after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is SSC will be getting and shipping theirs out around the end of the month. I'd imagine other retailers that rely on SS, will get theirs in a couple weeks after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess my seller is getting his batch from SS then.

Couple more pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg

In this pose here, how tall is he? I don't suppose you could measure him with a ruler? I would be most grateful. :)

there, it is probably about 14.5' - 15' tall
at its lowest(legs all the way down), its about 13.5' and at its tallest, its about 15.75

Can anyone confirm the material used for the dome? Is it durable?
I don't think anyone's been able to confirm exactly what the material is, but the consensus is it's not the same stuff as used previously by HT on ED. There's also a poster here that will be offering a hardened resin dome, for those that want one as back-up (I know I'll be getting one, even if HT's is great, since it's a rubbery type material and prone to attracting dust).

yes finally more pics )
5x10, looking at your pics i feel so lucky that i didn't buy old ED for $500 three years ago ))

though several questions:

DE84387B-EE9D-4377-9818-79A8EFEBEE96.jpg

elbow doesn't look as metal and smooth as it was on Rorywan's pics or promo photos or movie dolls O_O is it an illusion?

attachment.php

4_zps5921d75a.jpg

ED-209HD30_zps6bf8d099.jpg~original

5CE34446-5D7C-4A43-A23B-4BB69428E6C6.jpg

why is the barrel bent down, or is it an illusion?

A55143AE-9E3A-4779-876A-9CED111D57BC.jpg

promotional photos promised (PPP hehe) lots of wires in that area under toes, where are they all? :(

PD1369902762l5d.jpg

Some of these photos are making me really look forward to the Robocain. The metallic look of ED-209's elbow joints looks so much more convincing than the Ironmonger metallic look, which isn't bad. HT must be using a new metallic paint and/or process, because the metal simulation is getting very good. Robocain WILL rock.

Some of these photos are making me really look forward to the Robocain. The metallic look of ED-209's elbow joints looks so much more convincing than the Ironmonger metallic look, which isn't bad. HT must be using a new metallic paint and/or process, because the metal simulation is getting very good. Robocain WILL rock.

Has it ever been said they're making a Cain figure?

Back