Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: I am dealing with my health issues, and things are going ok.
I still plan to fabricate replacement domes, and my own ED dome is still showing no signs whatsoever of cracking. With all the people returning their EDs, and now the rubber elbow & hip boot problems, I'm not sure how many people will still be interested in buying a dome from me, and if it will be worth the effort; however, I am still going to make the mold at least for my own ED, so the mold can produce others if there is enough interest.

Hope everything's goin well with you, Andrew.
Get well soon.

Whenever you are ready I'll take a couple, no problem. mine good/unknown but just incase i'd like some safe spares.
Keep well.

Glad you're feeling OK, Anthrapoid. I'd definitely be down for a new dome. I've contemplated selling my ED on e.Bay but think in the end it could just be a big headache. I will try and maintain the dome and joint covers as best I can until better options present themselves.

In regards to the possible market for these, even with a ton of people here returning them, ED still seems to be doing fine on e.Bay and I'm assuming elsewhere. I think there will be a quite large built-in market for replacement domes probably for years.

Glad you're feeling OK, Anthrapoid. I'd definitely be down for a new dome. I've contemplated selling my ED on e.Bay but think in the end it could just be a big headache. I will try and maintain the dome and joint covers as best I can until better options present themselves.

In regards to the possible market for these, even with a ton of people here returning them, ED still seems to be doing fine on e.Bay and I'm assuming elsewhere. I think there will be a quite large built-in market for replacement domes probably for years.

Selling for retail on eBay isn't doing fine when you factor in the eBay seller fees. You'd be losing money.

Ah, yeah, I get your point, but I would assume that's b/c ED is still in stock everywhere? I'm guessing you can't sell ED for $500.00 when anyone can order one from Sideshow or a distributor. I'll be interested to see what the prices are like once ED sells out and enough time has passed for this rotting rubber problem to have become more evident.

Thanks Invictus, and thank everyone else too. Just to be clear, I am not actually feeling better. I just said everything is going ok, referring to the process of testing, doc appointments, meds, etc. It will still be a while before I do this project, but at least it sounds like there will be enough buyers to make it worth while. I just REALLY hope my own dome remains pristine during the time I am forced to wait. I've had it out of the box since May 1st, and it is currently flawless.

I picked mine up and examined it in bright sunlight today. Yup, it's ****ed.

I'm gonna make a fabric covered dome in the meantime. I found some perfect plastic fabric (I think).

Good to hear man, on both fronts.
And there are quite a few people who are stuck with their ED's that I'm sure would jump at a replacement.

It's the arms and legs sleeves I'm trying to work out. I'm sure there is something off the shelf that would work for those.
Cable tidy tubes or bendable tubing of some kind.

That would be awesome for the joints keep us posted if you find anything :)

Anthrapoid, glad its going ok.
Im sure you'll have plenty of demands for eds dome.
If you could look for something about the joint that would rock :)

Last edited:
Thanks Invictus, and thank everyone else too. Just to be clear, I am not actually feeling better. I just said everything is going ok, referring to the process of testing, doc appointments, meds, etc. It will still be a while before I do this project, but at least it sounds like there will be enough buyers to make it worth while. I just REALLY hope my own dome remains pristine during the time I am forced to wait. I've had it out of the box since May 1st, and it is currently flawless.

Still flawless?
Me and Eisselmann have our´s out now for about a month and a half and it worsens with every week.
What is actually starting it?
Composure of the rubber? Different mixtures and that´s why it´s more or less, better, or worse on different figures?!?!?!

Well, Hot Toys is predictably re-issuing the Power Loader, also. Guess a whole new crop of collectors can enjoy the broken hoses!

This ED-209 was one of the very few items I was considering getting outside my Star Wars Imperial focus. Glad I waited, but not saying this happily. The figure is simply fantastic, the details are awesome, but the rubber issues are a pain in the ass (again). Didn't HT learn from their previous mistakes? Why in the world make the dome rubber? Why not use a better material to hold in time and not crack in weeks/months after being bought? :(

me chatting with SS.....

me: Hello,
I'm trying to return the Hot Toys Ed-209 back but why I'm not being reimbursed for the points?

Just a moment...
Sideshow Tesa: Hello

me: theres a lot of rubber issues with ED

Sideshow Tesa: Have you already been in contact with a returns representative?

me: yes but she have not return any of my emails

Sideshow Tesa: Who is the representaive?

me: Belen Moreno

its been over a week now and no emails back from her
I emailed her 3 times

Sideshow Tesa: Belen reads and responds to email in the order she receives them, she may not have gotten to them yet, but i am checking with her now
me: have you guys contacted HT about replacements rubber parts?
July 15 was the date of the email

Sideshow Tesa: I spoke with Belen and she has informed me that your request has been forwarded to the customer service manager, William Mendoza, you will be receiving a response from him by next week. I apologize for the delay in response, but as soon as he returns from the convention he will be answering all emails.

any of your guys feel that your rage with hot toys has subsided since all the new figures pics were released(batman returns, bd robo, mcfly, ripley)?
bastards!

Now that Battle Damaged Robocop has been shown, along with the issues, I don't really feel bad about not having old ED in my collection.

Clean Robo and Damaged Robo is fine by me.

any of your guys feel that your rage with hot toys has subsided since all the new figures pics were released(batman returns, bd robo, mcfly, ripley)?
bastards!

Hot Toys can make this right by offering anyone with proof (receipts from ebay sale or SS or other distributor) to mail out a plasticized dome to replace the crap they put on this in the first place.

Back