Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not seeing cracks but the front edge seems to be degrading
I think it might be too late for the silicon grease
I will Ask hot toys for a replacement and either sell it or apply the grease from day one
I bought from timcent so refund is not an option

Just got my ED-209 last week, does anyone have any issues with the voice controls? I keep pressing the remote and the voice commands doesn't seem to sound at every click - I'll press it like 5-6 times before it sounds. Also, it doesn't work unless it's around 4-6 inches away from the dome. How far away can you guys sound off at?

Unfortunately that's pretty normal.
It will always activate if you hold it in front of the mouth.

Are Sideshow still selling these? If so, how can they if they know there is an issue with it?
Is knowingly selling a defective product illegal in the USA?
Even if they allow a return, the buyer is still out of pocket when paying the return postage, loss of points etc.

Other retailers too like ebay, bbts, and yes ssc. It looks like they are going to continue selling this until enough people catch on.
Its all about the $$$.

OK yeah I paid ups to ship this back to ssc today and guess what? it was less money to ship it back then what ssc charged and with insurance no less.
SSC charged like 25$ for the shipping and this was only 20$ to ship back, scumbags.

Are Sideshow still selling these? If so, how can they if they know there is an issue with it?
Is knowingly selling a defective product illegal in the USA?
Even if they allow a return, the buyer is still out of pocket when paying the return postage, loss of points etc.

If Sideshow worried about selling defective product, what would they sell? :)

I wonder if ED209 wouldn't have had a malfunction his dome would have started to fall apart after being on duty for one and a half months... #movieaccuracy

These guys at Hot Toys are real smart people. ^^

I wrote an email complaining about the rubber a second time.

I was just asking what they are going to do, now they asked me for a copy of the sales receipt.

I think they only answer once to an email with a certain subject.
If they get an answer again they won't reply.

Where is the captain?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406018932.471632.jpg

Ok.
Got an answer again...

I asked:
"Do you already have any idea why this rotting is happening?
Does Hot Toys plan to improve a future batch of the ED209 figure?"

They replied:
"Your suggestion and comment have been forwarded to our production and management team. And replacement will also be provided to customer with our official retailer's receipt."

Aaaaaaargh!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406026372.182493.jpg

No indications of deterioration on either of mine. My theory on the small batch of damaged figures: The accelerated aging and premature cracking is caused by the Styrofoam packaging. Styrofoam can emit ozone and volatiles when exposed to heat. These substances when trapped in the packaging will start a chain reaction that will cause the plasticizer to migrate from plastics and rubber. Don't leave ED (or any other figure for that matter) in a box that will be exposed to heat for any period of time. Exposure to hot summer temperatures and storage conditions could result in irreversible damage in as little as a few days of exposure under the right circumstances.

Hey man, I just noticed what you have posted on the front page of this thread in the specs?
No offence but it's speculative BS. This isn't a small batch issue (how could it be? it's HK and USA), and it's not a storage issue, otherwise the US ED's which have been in storage longer than the HK models would be worse.

You could really lead new buyers astray with your speculation on the spec page.

:duff

I have asked this before, but nobody answered. I asked a lot of questions in my one comment, so that is understandable.

Does anyone who owns the original release have one that never deteriorated? The most vocal among us are the angry ones (of course). I just want to know if there is hope that the ED will stay together.

Thanks!

I like your warning A-Dev! I'm not a Facebook member, but I check out the Plastic Enemies and Hot Toys pages frequently. People need to keep filling up their photos with damaged ED-209s. The story is getting pushed away to make room for SDCC announcements.

Hey man, I just noticed what you have posted on the front page of this thread in the specs?
No offence but it's speculative BS. This isn't a small batch issue (how could it be? it's HK and USA), and it's not a storage issue, otherwise the US ED's which have been in storage longer than the HK models would be worse.

You could really lead new buyers astray with your speculation on the spec page.

:duff

Well thats the way Gigerfan rolls.
He's always doing it right and you don't :D

I have mine since April so basically first batch, he was exposed then boxed (and it was hot this last month in my country) and i got no sign of cracks or anything and other who have it since the same period exposed all alon in non hot countries like Ireland or Germany have deteriorating issues....

Instead of focalising on getting the infos out of what COULD be the risks or having HOT TOYS adressing the issue...

I just love how basically most the community is like "Im not concerned so i dont care" or "HOT TOYS wont do anything so dont bother" what a bunch a sheeps...

I just love how basically most the community is like "Im not concerned so i dont care" or "HOT TOYS wont do anything so dont bother" what a bunch a sheeps...
28b8e6c74e3f7544d2174e453a10761a2e8fce25.620.350.24.27.482.272.jpg

i have two EDs. i have zero ways of returning them. i'm patiently waiting for Anthrapoid to make a replacement dome and somebody to make replacement sleeves. i'm a sheep :)

All this complaining aside, what I want to know is: Where are the resin/plastic versions of this dome!?

It seems like every year or so (since the old ED) somebody says:
- "I'm going to cast the dome and offer up replacements for those that dont want rubber ones".
- Lists get made
- ... and NOTHING
:gah:

Forget HT and SS, this is something that we are going to have to fix ourselves.

If I could mold, I'd make the dang things myself! :tap

Back