Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not trolling, I really want to know, but no one has answered

Yes, it's filled with diecast. In fact the whole thing is stainless steel, and just in case you haven't heard, it's remote control and equipped with working .45 cal semi automatic guns.

The only reason people keep telling you that it's not is because they don't want you to know.

Wrong again man. The T850 cannot self detonate, if you recall T3 (not sure you do) the T850 was heavily damaged in his fight with the TX at CRS, then damaged
even more after crashing that helicopter. The part you refer to with the T850 ejecting his second fuel cell, did you not notice the pulsing sounds or that it was glowing?
Thats because it was damaged and unstable, hence why it exploded in her mouth.

As for your other comment about robo not being strong enough to rip off a T800 head, dude its just metal joints not adamantium and robo is quit strong.

Perfect observation.
:hi5:

Ed is home!

image.jpg

Ive had the previous one and was lucky enough to sold it right before the announcement of the v2.
Thank god i did coz i was going to pur lots of money to get it painted accuratly... Phew....
Its really one of the coolest us mech.
The great thing is that it feels really like you own the movie puppet with all the articulations (still discovering some)
This is really what i like with all these hot toys Terminator aliens robocop figures, i feel like i have one of those miniatures used for sfx.
And i just love that.
Now to whatch clips from the movie to find a cool accurate pose lol
Oh and yeah the audio do feel at some moment embarrassing, but im lucky since english is not my first language it doesnt hurt as much.

The packaging seem a bit smaller than the original version, am i right?

Looks awesome, dude. I can't wait! I also sold my original ED for a good price not long back ready for this beast.

Ed is home!

View attachment 104825

Ive had the previous one and was lucky enough to sold it right before the announcement of the v2.
Thank god i did coz i was going to pur lots of money to get it painted accuratly... Phew....
Its really one of the coolest us mech.
The great thing is that it feels really like you own the movie puppet with all the articulations (still discovering some)
This is really what i like with all these hot toys Terminator aliens robocop figures, i feel like i have one of those miniatures used for sfx.
And i just love that.
Now to whatch clips from the movie to find a cool accurate pose lol
Oh and yeah the audio do feel at some moment embarrassing, but im lucky since english is not my first language it doesnt hurt as much.

The packaging seem a bit smaller than the original version, am i right?

ED loiks great in this shot :yess:

Congrats, Olbertfrog.
Looks stunning.
I just saw a little detail:
There are holes in the...dunno... legsliders?!?!?
Lets call it this way.
Means that the locks really work?

I noticed the front of the dome is imperfect, pretty cool as it's consistent amongst all the figs and matches the movie prop
As much as hot toys messed up some tiny details, they also nailed some tiny details like the dome imperfections

I'm not convinced that was deliberate. Granted I don't have it yet.

Just Hot Toys idealises things- replicating impefections in the source material wouldn't seem to fit their usual MO. And especially when they **** up other details.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that was deliberate. Granted I don't have it yet.

Just Hot Toys idealises things- replicating impefections in the source material wouldn't seem to fit their usual MO. And especially when they **** up other details.

I'm wondering if there any pics with Eds dome imperfect in the movie
I was going off what rorywan was saying earlier and then seeing for myself in the last page

The only way I'd believe it's on purpose is if ALL the ED's they made have the same imperfections in the exact same areas and they correspond with the alleged imperfections on the movie ED. Otherwise I'm going with coincidence.

Everyone here answered and it says nothing about die cast in the first post.
Why don't you just read a page back.
I told you there...

Sorry, did not see your answer, I thought it was supposed to be Die-cast as described in the 1st post.

Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible Specification:
~ Movie Masterpiece Diecast Series ~

The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of ED-209 in the RoboCop movie
- Newly sculpted body
- Approximately 35 cm tall
- Over 25 points of articulations
- Ability to speak three (3) memorable quotes and make sound effect from the RoboCop movie
● “Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply.”
● “You now have 15 seconds to comply.”
● “You are in direct violation of Penal Code 1.13, Section 9. You have 5 seconds to comply. Four…three…two…one…I am now authorized to use physical force.”
- New arms, legs, and claws design with improved articulation to simulate ED-209’s movements depicted in the movie

Weapons:

- One (1) left machine gun arm

- One (1) right machine gun arm with rocket launcher

- One (1) left interchangeable battle damaged arm

Accessory:

- Remote control for sound effect

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

Release date: Q1, 2014

TM & © 1987 Orion Pictures Corporation.

©2013 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studio Inc. All Rights Reserved.

© 2013 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

The only way I'd believe it's on purpose is if ALL the ED's they made have the same imperfections in the exact same areas and they correspond with the alleged imperfections on the movie ED. Otherwise I'm going with coincidence.

So far, it looks like three of us have the exact same dome imperfections, right in the middle of the fig, at the bottom

Thanks everyone :)

Congrats, Olbertfrog.
Looks stunning.
I just saw a little detail:
There are holes in the...dunno... legsliders?!?!?
Lets call it this way.
Means that the locks really work?

No real lock.
I think it has to do with the leg articulation there.

Yep the dome front imperfection is on purpose.
All he pics ive seen have it at the same place.
I could have done without it :)

Great pic Olbertfrog but even greater books on the bookshelves mate! That's quite a collection. :clap

Sorry, did not see your answer, I thought it was supposed to be Die-cast as described in the 1st post.

Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible Specification:
~ Movie Masterpiece Diecast Series ~

The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of ED-209 in the RoboCop movie
- Newly sculpted body
- Approximately 35 cm tall
- Over 25 points of articulations
- Ability to speak three (3) memorable quotes and make sound effect from the RoboCop movie
● “Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply.”
● “You now have 15 seconds to comply.”
● “You are in direct violation of Penal Code 1.13, Section 9. You have 5 seconds to comply. Four…three…two…one…I am now authorized to use physical force.”
- New arms, legs, and claws design with improved articulation to simulate ED-209’s movements depicted in the movie

Weapons:

- One (1) left machine gun arm

- One (1) right machine gun arm with rocket launcher

- One (1) left interchangeable battle damaged arm

Accessory:

- Remote control for sound effect

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

Release date: Q1, 2014

TM & © 1987 Orion Pictures Corporation.

©2013 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studio Inc. All Rights Reserved.

© 2013 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Uhm ok...then I apologize.
Didn´t remember the specs saying that.
Maybe the guy at HT just used the text for Robo´s specs and forgot to re-redit them later on.
From the facts of the guys who own it already, nothing is die-cast.

In my opinion, the dome imperfections are cast and sculpted into the dome. Therefore they are deliberate, it's pretty obvious in hand.
They are intentional and exactly the same on every pic I've seen so far.
Whether they are movie accurate? Well that's another story.
:lol

Great pic Olbertfrog but even greater books on the bookshelves mate! That's quite a collection. :clap

Thanks mate.
I need to start to make a sélection, many books i bought trough the years i dont Check anymore as they dont inspire my work anymore.
More pics, the articulation are a dream but a curse too.
Too many possibilities lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back