Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@positron - I didn't completely open it just took a peek but I think you cannot remove the grill piece. I'll post an update here next time I crack it open again. But that's if I find a fix for the disconnected wire.

Here's some pics I took of the problem I have.

1. This shows the blue wire not connected/soldered to anything.
ed209wire-1_zps6c1fe9f1.jpg

2. This shows the sound chip inside ED-209.
ed209wire-2_zps5c06c315.jpg

3. On the right you can see the wiring for the on/off switch for ED-209. I noticed there's a 3rd one that hasn't got any wire connected to it but I'm not sure if the blue wire goes there or not. I hope someone can help me with this. :(
ed209wire-3_zps973783c6.jpg

Finally, exactly what Iw as hoping to see one day, but didn´t expect it do be so soon.
:rock
Still contemplating customizing ED. Meaning open it up, deepening the grill and stuff, but only if and exchange piece for dome and sleeves are in.
Not just for the grill, but when you have to **** him up completely.
:lol

Ok thanks for checking. I actually might want to crack it open on my own. To see if any way to deepen the mouth or not.

@positron
Are you sure it's an antenna? Man, I wonder why mine doesn't work. I used new batteries but still no sound. Hope there'll be someone here who has a working one to post photos of the sound chip just to confirm the blue wire.

Probably a silly question, but new batteries in the remote and ED? Does the light turn on on the remote when you press the button?

It could be a transmitter problem rather than the receiver.

The light turns on the remote and it's still bright so I assume the batteries are still new and I also installed new batteries in ED. Sound didn't work.

I coated my new and original ED-209s on Wednesday night with 303 Aerospace Protectant, I've put them away until I move house next week and I'll see if anything has changed and take a couple of pics. :D

Coming into this thread late. Has anyone had any success with a reply from Hot Toys or retailer regarding this?

Saw this in person at Forbidden Planet yesterday. Thing is way bigger than I thought and is a real beauty. A shame that this has the QC issues.
Would have really liked to pair this with Robo.

Does anybody know if any retailers are selling this with a heavy discount?

Hell, if I'm going to be fixing the ****ing thing myself, I'll gladly pay $200.

Does anybody know if any retailers are selling this with a heavy discount?

Hell, if I'm going to be fixing the ****ing thing myself, I'll gladly pay $200.

That is below cost, I doubt they will be selling them that low any time soon.

Yup.

hugyqyde.jpg

I just don't want to apply anything to the figure.
Besides that I just wouldn't enjoy a figure that I would alway fear to break down... nah.

Dude...*sigh*...I feel you, I really do.
It´s a shame, but I decided against the mod podge way too, cause THIS is something where you actually add something on top, seal it.
But my way is just care, re-hydrate the rubber if you will.
Give it a think at least.
I don´t think there´s coming a new ED in due time.

We'll that just plain sucks Eisselmann :(. At least you can return the damn thing. I'm stuck with mine. 5 weeks since the mod lodge and no cracks. But the mod lodge is a temporary fix that will eventually fail. I'm just trying to enjoy it before Ed's dust. C'mon Anthropoid. I'm counting on you to come through for us with replacement domes! I'd be first in line!

Back