Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this over in the Ripley thread.
About 1:30 for RC
Has Robocop in the chair and it shows his face attachments.
And it shows the battle damaged RC with some cans and a giant rifle.

tumblr_n9a8udUYQU1snogyzo8_1280.jpg

Looks like the clean Robo might not have those nose issues after all. People were thinking that maybe the mouthpiece just wasn't pushed in far enough. You can't totally tell from this angle but this pic looks like his visor might stick out just enough for his "nose" to fit under there.

sdcc2014_sideshow_17.jpg

Man... I really don't want to buy two of these damn things. Why couldnt they just make a chestpiece and a face plate and one great figure... making it a ****ing DX.

So ******.

Man... I really don't want to buy two of these damn things. Why couldnt they just make a chestpiece and a face plate and one great figure... making it a ****ing DX.

So ******.

In this case I'm glad it's 2 figures. The detail on the BD is insane. Those bd pieces some IM figures come with just wouldn't do this justice.

So ******.

Because that "one great figure" would require enough parts for two figures, and greatly piss off people that didn't want to pay $399 for a massive DX when they only wanted one version.

Looks like the clean Robo might not have those nose issues after all. People were thinking that maybe the mouthpiece just wasn't pushed in far enough. You can't totally tell from this angle but this pic looks like his visor might stick out just enough for his "nose" to fit under there.

sdcc2014_sideshow_17.jpg
Wow, that looks fantastic. Really glad I opted not to get the chair (just does nothing for me) but clean Robo is iconic. I can't see having the only representation of RoboCop in my collection being just the battle damaged.

That just looks ****ing amazing^ Let us not forget pristine Robo in the BD hype.
From your mouth to collectors' ears, a-dev!

So ******.
If ever there was a valid reason for doing a separate clean and battle-damage release, I think this is it. I would happily cut/sell other figures from my pre-orders/collection than do without these two. They're both peerless releases from the franchise, IMO.

Because that "one great figure" would require enough parts for two figures, and greatly piss off people that didn't want to pay $399 for a massive DX when they only wanted one version.

Says the guy who doesn't work for Hot Toys and doesn't make figures for a living.

Still I'd rather pay $400 for one than $600 for two that are basically the same.
Who here having the option would want a basic robocop when they could have it all for $80 more bucks?

It's not like they'll be pumping out more robocops. This is it.

I just noticed this really but this figure comes with just a lower support stand in all the pics, this being heavy diecast
shouldn't it have something better to hold him up?

So ******.

Simple then just get one figure.

Don't understand all this pressure people feel under to buy 2 figures. 1 is enough in my eyes. With or without his helmet on 99 per cent of people will still recognise him as Robocop thus negating the need to buy 2 figures. In the end of the day its people that are putting themselves under pressure to own 2 versions of the figure. Hot toys won't mind of course because its more money for them.

Last edited:

So ******.

Because there's not one part of his suit that isn't beat to hell in Act 3 of the movie?

Also considering they wanted to go the diecast route they couldn't have done so if everything (limbs and all) were to be interchangeable parts, no?

Bandai did it with 3PO, it would just be a bit of extra design. I think 2 separate figures is the way to go. This one is enough for me, the full BD looks nice, but I don't need two robo's.

Back