Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how the face plates change out, but if you look at the other faces they have chin. I assume the helmet comes off and the face plates go in from above and sit in the black chin strap/guard.

It could be incorrect face plate placement, but we won't know until someone gets him in hand and shows us how it all works. I wish HT would be a bit more proactive and let us know these things before release. I know, I know, cold day in hell when that happens. :lol

It's definitely not the most pleasing shot. I thought it was a Hasbro figure or something at first but here's a shot of it at the same convention. :rock

hot_toys_robocop_collection_sdcc_pictures_2.jpg

yea i don't think your pics are from the same con... yours looks like its from the sdcc back last year in august maybe?
looks like it was from this same display in this vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yNae5_uyZk&feature=player_detailpage
pause it at 1:37 and you'll see the nose aint there... not that its a deal breaker, just sayin something def aint right!

that screen grab i posted was from a con a month or so back...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlHeJowO134

highly doubt with that much time between the displays of the figure from aug last year to jan this year that it will be addressed before release.

again isn't a deal breaker... still want it... just sux that common sense seems to fly out the window too often w/ these guys!

Now I don't know what to do... That nose issue is disappointing, especially for Hot Toys. I can understand Figma or even Neca, but Hot Toys doing that? Man..

Nah with HT I'm not surprised at all really. McFarlane made the same mistake on theirs and I wouldn't be surprised if HT used that as reference.

Nah with HT I'm not surprised at all really. McFarlane made the same mistake on theirs and I wouldn't be surprised if HT used that as reference.

somehow i am worried on HT now. this nose issue, the wolverine matchstick body issue, the new captain america looks nothing like him, the new blackwidow costume material looks like a rag doll...
i am seriously considering if its worth spending 450 dollars on this with chair. I know its robocop and bla and bla... but as is i was in a fix, and now i am seriously getting less and less excited on HT releases and thinking of cancelling this, but for that stupid NRD...

Well, they've had time (and still may have it) to fix the nose thing...if anybody there actually noticed or gave a ****.

somehow i am worried on HT now. this nose issue, the wolverine matchstick body issue, the new captain america looks nothing like him ................. i am seriously getting less and less excited on HT releases and thinking of cancelling this, but for that stupid NRD...

I was actually just saying this to my brother after a pub binge tonight. Something like 4 Captain America figures now and not a single one bears any resemblance to Chris Evans really. I would like to own a Captain America eventually but I want one that actually looks like the actor. So far nothing, not even the latest Golden Age figure.

As far as Robocop, if it merely looks as good as the prototype I'll be OK, true, the nose issue is there but lets face it I'm buying this figure one way or another. What I will do though is compare the price of the figure from Timcent to the balance I have to pay from the UK retailers that I preordered from. If Timcent comes out cheaper than the remainder that I own on my UK orders I'm gonna buy from him and cancel those UK orders (despite deposits paid).

I was actually just saying this to my brother after a pub binge tonight. Something like 4 Captain America figures now and not a single one bears any resemblance to Chris Evans really. I would like to own a Captain America eventually but I want one that actually looks like the actor. So far nothing, not even the latest Golden Age figure.

As far as Robocop, if it merely looks as good as the prototype I'll be OK, true, the nose issue is there but lets face it I'm buying this figure one way or another. What I will do though is compare the price of the figure from Timcent to the balance I have to pay from the UK retailers that I preordered from. If Timcent comes out cheaper than the remainder that I own on my UK orders I'm gonna buy from him and cancel those UK orders (despite deposits paid).

So u are buying just the figure or chair as well...

I only pointed out the nose a while back because HT hadn't really taken a profile shot and so nobody had mentioned it yet.
actually there was a prolonged discussion of that video a long time ago.
its current variant hasn't even reached the "changeable faces don't have a nose, too, which proves there is no nose" stage yet :)

Last edited:
I only pointed out the nose a while back because HT hadn't really taken a profile shot and so nobody had mentioned it yet. But really, if you look, none of the colours or details are 100% and couldn't possibly be - these are figures, modelled by artists. So the only real question is, has the artist captured RoboCop? I'd say so, definitely. Even though there are endless points of difference to the character on screen :)

robocompare_zpsedd6b66e.jpg~original

God the original Robo suit design looks so Boss! The roboflop 2014 suit designer should be ashamed!

i agree i think the figure still looks sweet... still planning on buying...
just wish simple things didn't get overlooked...
armchair designers we all are! lol

Not sure if this has been answered, but if he comes with a damage battle helmut, wouldn't there be a face reveal?

There were teasers of an exposed headsculpt. Duno if they scrapped that or its for a future fig.

Back