1/6 Hot Toys G.I.Joe Retaliation: Roadblock Collectible Figure- Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vu7ejuvy.jpg
etunumuq.jpg

I just picked up Roadblock from another seller, and I'm impressed. I also have the Joe Colton figure which I thought would be the better of the two, but I've changed my mine after getting this. The light machine gun he comes with is awesome!

Hot Toys said:
10410147_10152192404237344_1257998204269120506_n.jpg

Today we would like to share a good news with fans! We will have a talented Head Sculptor, Mr. Viva Lai, from Taiwan officially joining Hot Toys!

Viva has previously worked on the head sculpt of G.I. Joe Retaliation’s Roadblock, and now he has sculpted the newly introduced 1/6th scale Rocket Collectible Figure from upcoming Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy!
I guess Hot Toys didn't feel like crediting him? :dunno
Hot Toys said:
Artists:

- Head Sculpted by Kim Kyung Ah

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by Kojun
I remember really wanting Viva Lai's Dwayne Johnson sculpt when I saw a pic posted on his Facebook of it unpainted way back when. I guess that might be what wound up being the RoadBlock sculpt maybe? I think I was more impressed with it unpainted.

474703_592716677429838_339774826_o.jpg

This figure is awesome! Other than those elbows, he is great!
nrgxuWA.png

:exactly:
I heard that SS ended their GI Joe Line with Destro so now these Retaliation figures mean even more to me cuz we'll never see a sideshow Roadblock. I heard Michael Bay might approach the Joe's next after Transformers. I hope he does ! My Pics of Roadblock and Stormshadow my favorites so far from HT .

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/hunterd1/14321575161/]

As expected this guy is WAY better in person then in pictures, it's actually a good looking piece with a nice amount of accessories. I got him for about $150 which was sweet. Only gripes are the vest was a ***** to re-zip, removing it caused the armor plates to detach, and the machine gun looks great but it's as delicate as tissue paper. I switched out the camo shirt for the black tee which looks way better and bought a sling for the rifle so he can carry it while holding either his pistols or knives. I'm happy i finally got him and even happier i waited for the bargain price. $220 even with the accessories was a bit much.

I actually won one of these guys during Spook last year. Totally underrated IMO, but then again, I'm a fan of the Rock. The movie was okay, but I like having a Rock figure on my shelf.

I got mine for about 130, definitely worth it at the prices they're going for even if you're panning to use him for parts. I think of him as a Rock figure though, not really as a Joe figure.

Finally opened this one. Not a bad figure. The likeness is much better in person. Maybe 95% The ROCK. Not too shabby for what I paid. Close to $130.

34BB03F0-3A2D-4AC3-AA3F-BC11C79E5197_zpsafuogi2v.jpg

Back