Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Hopefully, the figure doesn't sell out and then tell me they are out of replacement coats. My defective one has already been signed for by their US contact.

I've already e-mailed asking for an update, but have gotten no response, again.

We shall see...

That would suck if that happens, but from what I read (either here or their FB page,) their replacement parts are separate from the set,.

Yep, the replacement parts is a different thing. You have no worries! BC will sort you out.

Just got my Fourth Doctor figure in! I'm really liking this figure! For those who already have him, How do you remove his hairpiece so you can put on the one with the hat? Having some difficulty removing it and don't want to break anything Thx in advance!

Yeah, it's a little tight, and scary, but the hair piece does come off if you put just a little extra effort into it.

Well, it's been since December, but I finally got my replacement coat!!! Now, if they just refund my return shipping, I'd be golden.

I am surprised this thread hasn't been bumped for this:

984113_10153183224106002_971914836718029388_n.jpg

Apparently the head alone is going up for sale sometime later this year. :yess:

Looks great. Hopefully those of us who already bought Tom will get it for free like the Amy Pond head to make up for the Hobo Joe paintjob.

I wouldn't hope for that at all.

I agree, this is a different situation from Amy. A lot of people like the Tom head, and there was never any suggestion that it would be replaced. I never liked it, so I didn't buy it, but I've said a few times that they should issue a 'smiling head' sculpt to try and shift their Fourth Doctor stock. With this head, that figure will be amazing. I'm certainly going to get one if I can find the cash (kidney for sale! One careful owner!).

this news is so cool, SOLD!!!!!

be great if they included a new scarf sans wire with the new head....

really tho just grateful for new smiling head, again- sold! sold!

Now if only they could do a color corrected scarf and jacket...

I just hope this sculpt doesn't suffer the dreaded production pinch that afflicted the original release.

I suspect that this new head sculpt was originally planned for an alternate outfit version of the Fourth Doctor (just like they are doing for the Tenth and Eleventh, both coming with new head sculpts and outfits), but due to less than expected sales on Four they've scrapped that idea for the classic Doctors, and are just releasing the head sculpt for Tom on its own instead.

If that were true, it makes one wonder how Tom's sales might have been with the smiling head sculpt that so many said they wanted... Guess we'll never know.

Really I wish both heads were included in the initial release, as with the CO version. But I understand how that may have been cost prohibitive.

I suspect that this new head sculpt was originally planned for an alternate outfit version of the Fourth Doctor (just like they are doing for the Tenth and Eleventh, both coming with new head sculpts and outfits), but due to less than expected sales on Four they've scrapped that idea for the classic Doctors, and are just releasing the head sculpt for Tom on its own instead.

If that were true, it makes one wonder how Tom's sales might have been with the smiling head sculpt that so many said they wanted... Guess we'll never know.

Could be, but I think its more likely that they just want to shift the remaining Tom's that they're having to pay to store.

It'll be interesting to see what price point they put on the head alone.

Back