Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

Paypal fee, ~3%, comes out to just over $4. If you don't have a business account and you don't meet minimum volume requirements, your fee will be 2.9% plus 30 cents per charge for domestic payments.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

If you're selling on eBay with PayPal, it's just easy to do any advance calculations using a 15% commission structure for your ballpark net.

Last edited:
Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

And then ebay takes their cut as well. Don't recall how much though, but they invoice you for their share and then take it out of your paypal account if you have money available.

And then ebay takes their cut as well. Don't recall how much though, but they invoice you for their share and then take it out of your paypal account if you have money available.

eBay takes their cut off the top, and it's 10% of the total sale, including shipping with very few exceptions. One exception is that if you offer a FREE shipping option and a premium shipping option, you won't pay any percentage on the shipping funds if the buyer chooses the premium option.

Wow, what a racket. I know nothing in life is free, but it does not even mention any of the percentages in my account just the available balance.

The default setting for Paypal is to show you your "gross" transaction amounts on the overview page. But if you click on the transaction details you will see the fee amount. This is, I'm sure, intentionally done so that all the fees taken from you are less noticeable.

They show you the gross because it's the most meaningful number, the actual amount of your sale - the same number displayed on whatever site/store you completed the sale.

I think I'm paying 2.5% for PayPal at the moment, which is better than the credit card merchant rates I was quoted the last time I checked (before the new guys like Square were around). And eBay's 10% is still lower than the various app stores out there taking 30%

If you sell one or two things every now and then, it's going to sting. If you run a business, it's par for the course and the rates at PayPal are decent and at eBay manageable.

Thanks guys! I knew I could find the help I needed here.

They show you the gross because it's the most meaningful number, the actual amount of your sale - the same number displayed on whatever site/store you completed the sale.
They aren't trying to hide fee-related information, but they aren't going out of their way to point out specific fees, either. Same with eBay. You don't really see the fees until it is time for the monthly payment. So, I don't think it is a decision based purely on what will be of most use to most users.

It's more a case of keeping it simple. Showing only net is kind of meaningless without also showing the fee and the gross. By that time there's too much info on the simple summary - I would hate that. If you do want to see it, all you need to do is click on the HISTORY tab and you'll get all that information in the default list.

PayPal is very clear and up front about all the fees associated with receiving payments.

Quick question guys. Can I use these codes twice in the same month?

Say if I order something now and use APRIL14 and then I decide to buy something later on can I use it again to get the discount?

Thanks in advance.

That's not to say you couldn't have a friend/relative/neighbor place the second order with their own account and address. BUt if you wait until the next month's code you can collect the reward points in your account.

Thanks guys!

Does anyone know what the 'ReFun your Refund' thing is about?

Yea they think we still have our tax returns. I filed mine early Feb and the return was spent just as fast as I got it. I used mine to pay down credit card debt.

I actually just did mine about a week ago through my account an got my refund Friday. I was holding off because when I dropped off my W2's to him he said just by glancing at them it looks like I will have to pay in $500...

So I let them with him for months. When I went to go sign them he did some rigging and got me back $1200.

I was shocked.

Money didnt last long with student debt and figures. Lol

When someone hasn't read the first post, I supposed it doesn't matter that the general coupon rules aren't posted there. Oops, my bad.

OR and AND can never be confused, Rocbolt's post was crystal clear.

I'm sorry for upsetting the entitled, some people just want to come in, stomp their feet and expect everyone else to drop everything and cater to them personally. They don't stop to pick up on the playful and jesting content of a message, really they don't stop to read anything except a direct answer to their desires. I think next time it would be better Vitus if you just posted in ALL CAPS and prefaced your post with "STOP, I DEMAND AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION NOW (NO JOKES PLEASE, DON'T WRITE ANYTHING IF IT'S NOT A DIRECT ANSWER TO MY QUESTION:"

Then everyone would be on the same page and we'd all know exactly how to handle the situation. Or maybe this thread is set up as a trap for the regulars to have some fun with people that come in here and ask the same question over and over…

Entitled. That's another insult at me? how come you don't like me?

YEAH Your bad. You posted misinformation without verifying and now you want to blame me for it.
Good one you little weasel :lol

You certainly don't mind repeating the same thing in other threads over and over and over again when no one is even asking a question about it and no one cares.

So what's your problem here?
Where people are actually asking a question YOU CHOSE to NOT ANSWER and INSULT instead?

Yeah Your Bad and YOUR PROBLEM... what's YOUR PROBLEM here?
Figure it out.

Man the things people choose to start arguments over.
Take the lightsaber out of your you know where S.R.P.

Last edited:

LOL tax "refund". We pay every year so that tactic doesn't work with us. ;)

Back