Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other stuff that has nothing to do with codes

I don't enter these things, but if I did, and won multiple times, I would stop being greedy and give everyone else a chance. Actually after winning once, I'd give others a chance. People can say there's no rule against winning multiple times, etc. but c'mon, you're being greedy, and no excuse will change that.

Sideshow should also limit winners to once every six months or a year. Having the same people win all of the time, is pretty lame, and frustrates a ton of people.

Give everyone else a chance.

Actually I believe they do have some rule about not entering for 6 weeks I think after you win, but I'm not sure they do anything to enforce it.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other stuff that has nothing to do with codes

Actually I believe they do have some rule about not entering for 6 weeks I think after you win, but I'm not sure they do anything to enforce it.

It sounds like they don't from what I've read here.

I'm not saying that the same winners are chosen all of the time, but if the same people enter and their are not that many entries who do you expect to win. I've seen cophoto's entries and I'm sure he puts a lot of effort in to it and it seems to have paid off. I guess if I had more time and a bit more computer skill I could be just as competitive. The only contest that seemed unfair was the Groot one. They wanted pics or videos of a dancing Groot. The winners were all videos. How could a still picture ever compete with a moving image?

I'm not saying that the same winners are chosen all of the time, but if the same people enter and their are not that many entries who do you expect to win. I've seen cophoto's entries and I'm sure he puts a lot of effort in to it and it seems to have paid off. I guess if I had more time and a bit more computer skill I could be just as competitive. The only contest that seemed unfair was the Groot one. They wanted pics or videos of a dancing Groot. The winners were all videos. How could a still picture ever compete with a moving image?

Most cameras/phones have video recording capability. Film something, upload it, then pray.

I don't enter these things, but if I did, and won multiple times, I would stop being greedy and give everyone else a chance. Actually after winning once, I'd give others a chance. People can say there's no rule against winning multiple times, etc. but c'mon, you're being greedy, and no excuse will change that.

Sideshow should also limit winners to once every six months or a year. Having the same people win all of the time, is pretty lame, and frustrates a ton of people.

Give everyone else a chance.

Yeah, I have actually cut back a lot on the contests I have entered. If you take everything I have won since 2006 I have been pretty darn lucky so unless its something REALLY cool (like the life size Han Solo Carbonite) I really don’t enter much and I don’t really mind when I don’t win. I had not won anything in almost two years when I won the SDCC trip this year so if my new SOP is long waits for big wins I’ll take it. :)

I know that, but the point I was making was that they asked for two different formats but in the four prizes that were given they were all for the same format.

I'm camera shy, so I don't enter any of the video/photo contests. I fought my shyness last year after Spooktacular, and I asked Chicky if she'd give me a Bigfoot statue if I sent her videos of me walking around the forest looking for Bigfoot. I made several short videos and sent them to her e-mail, but I never heard back. You win some, you lose some. It's just part of the game.

i basically just keep entering to win something I really want lol. The two things I've won are not things I would have ever bought myself (1/6 Harley Quinn and Heartbreaker 1/6 mini bust). That makes it kind of cool, but I stubbornly want to win a statue or figure I planned to buy..

It'd be cool to win a dinosaur statue or Godzilla, but that's not happening. :lol

I try and enter all of the facebook and twitter contest. Nothing so far. Chicky sometimes favs and retweets my entries but no wins yet.

Some of my tweets gets favorite but no wins either. Sort of deceived.

Twitter is just the worst way to do a contest and sell posters....yes I'm talking about you, Mondo!
They should just do the contests on FB, because most people have, and know how to use it.

P.S. I'm a Twitter-hater...dumbest.thing.ever

Things that I know:

1. If you don't enter a contest, you can't win it.

2. If you win a SSC contest, you can't win again for 30 days, PER ACCOUNT. So once every 30 days on Facebook, once every 30 days on Susan's Twitter, once every 30 days on Chicky's Twitter. Those are the rules, I'm just playing by them. Also, I only enter contests for things that I would actually want which is pretty much Marvel/DC stuff.

3. I've won 4 times in the last year, only once random, 3x with Chicky where she chooses the most creative entries. This isn't rocket science, but for whatever reason very few people enter Chicky's contests. I won a $$$ Wolverine PF statue, and a friend won a $$$ Mk 42 1/4 scale statue, both contests <10 people entered. I recently won a HT Red Snapper, the contest was "Take a picture with a stranger holding an I AM IRON MAN sign". If you're going to play, you have to figure out a way to stand out. Standing with one random stranger, holding one sign....well that's what everyone is going to do. So we made 4 separate signs that said I / AM / IRON / MAN and took 4 photos with 4 strangers. 4x the effort compared to everyone else = winner. Also on the Groot contest, common sense says that a video of you dancing >>> a picture of you dancing. So take a video.

4. NO SNIVELING. I don't work for SSC and can't speak for them. But I'm pretty sure if you're someone who tweets or posts on their FB page "I NEVER WIN, BOO HOO" etc........you will never win. I don't know about you, but if I was giving away thousands of dollars in free stuff each month, I'd much rather have it go to people who appreciate it. Complaining about NOT winning is the worst way to win anything. Again, just my opinion.

Things that I know:

1. If you don't enter a contest, you can't win it.

2. If you win a SSC contest, you can't win again for 30 days, PER ACCOUNT. So once every 30 days on Facebook, once every 30 days on Susan's Twitter, once every 30 days on Chicky's Twitter. Those are the rules, I'm just playing by them. Also, I only enter contests for things that I would actually want which is pretty much Marvel/DC stuff.

3. I've won 4 times in the last year, only once random, 3x with Chicky where she chooses the most creative entries. This isn't rocket science, but for whatever reason very few people enter Chicky's contests. I won a $$$ Wolverine PF statue, and a friend won a $$$ Mk 42 1/4 scale statue, both contests <10 people entered. I recently won a HT Red Snapper, the contest was "Take a picture with a stranger holding an I AM IRON MAN sign". If you're going to play, you have to figure out a way to stand out. Standing with one random stranger, holding one sign....well that's what everyone is going to do. So we made 4 separate signs that said I / AM / IRON / MAN and took 4 photos with 4 strangers. 4x the effort compared to everyone else = winner. Also on the Groot contest, common sense says that a video of you dancing >>> a picture of you dancing. So take a video.

4. NO SNIVELING. I don't work for SSC and can't speak for them. But I'm pretty sure if you're someone who tweets or posts on their FB page "I NEVER WIN, BOO HOO" etc........you will never win. I don't know about you, but if I was giving away thousands of dollars in free stuff each month, I'd much rather have it go to people who appreciate it. Complaining about NOT winning is the worst way to win anything. Again, just my opinion.

Damn u and your creativity!!! I don't have FB or Tweeter on the interwebs, but kudos to u for crushing the competition. Must be a Jedi mind trick or something.

Like I said, Cof you are creative in your entries and you put time into it.

A SS contests with less than 10 people entering? I don't know if I can buy that.

I love that they do all the giveaways and I do like the ones where you have to be creative. I've entered a bunch of Chicky's too, I think I entered the 1/4 Iron Man and Wolverine PF one, but I may be wrong about the Wolverine PF one. Haven't won any random contests, both mine were chicky. Once where she gave a few runner up prizes... I think part of it was a pity prize because there had been a contest a few days before where she said I was ever so slightly narrowly beaten out for a prize. Then she gave me one of the "You got starked!" prizes because it was my 10 year anniversary and that I planned to celebrate like Tony Stark and posted a picture of him getting busy with some chick. So that wasn't really a contest, technically.

I don't have a problem with cofphoto winning a lot. He earns it. I do think that sometimes chicky gets swayed with playing favorites, but it's her account, she's under no rules except the ones she sets for herself and it's only human nature besides also being the actual nature of her contests which are generally all fall under the category of "amuse me". I think it's awesome. But damned if I'm not jealous of that Wolverine PF, cofphoto!

A SS contests with less than 10 people entering? I don't know if I can buy that.

It happens on rare occasion, always chicky (she has a fraction of the followers that the official one Susan runs does) and usually they are contests that require you to be a little more embarrassing or go out of your way. Or sometimes it's just because she only gives you like an hour or two to enter and people don't see it. I imagine for lots of people that follow hundreds or thousands of people, sideshow or chicky tweets can get buried. I have a separate account that is basically just for entering their contests. I have another account that is my main twitter one that is tied to my website, with over a thousand followers, most of whom would probably stop following me if I was constantly posting weird **** for contests to win toys lol.

As for those who hate twitter and want things on FB... I don't fully understand that. To me, you either like social media or stay away from it. It's kind of all the same to me. Twitter, facebook, instagram, whatever. Just slight variations on the same crap.

It happens on rare occasion, always chicky (she has a fraction of the followers that the official one Susan runs does) and usually they are contests that require you to be a little more embarrassing or go out of your way. Or sometimes it's just because she only gives you like an hour or two to enter and people don't see it. I imagine for lots of people that follow hundreds or thousands of people, sideshow or chicky tweets can get buried. I have a separate account that is basically just for entering their contests. I have another account that is my main twitter one that is tied to my website, with over a thousand followers, most of whom would probably stop following me if I was constantly posting weird **** for contests to win toys lol.

As for those who hate twitter and want things on FB... I don't fully understand that. To me, you either like social media or stay away from it. It's kind of all the same to me. Twitter, facebook, instagram, whatever. Just slight variations on the same crap.

I suppose it could happen. Maybe if they're really complex but in all the years I've been following SS I just find it quite hard to believe. I'd give it less than a 1% chance of happening.

Back