Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other stuff that has nothing to do with codes

As far as who wins contests. If people are winning outside of the 30 day window then it's all fair game I suppose. I've seen people over the years have some good luck. I remember Lonnie having some lucky wins. I don't enter myself because I don't collect Marvel/DC stuff so all I'd do with it is sell it and SS has been good to me over the years.

Last edited:
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other stuff that has nothing to do with codes

I suppose it could happen. Maybe if they're really complex but in all the years I've been following SS I just find it quite hard to believe. I'd give it less than a 1% chance of happening.

Like I said, those aren't the SS account contests. They are the chicky contests under a different account.

A SS contests with less than 10 people entering? I don't know if I can buy that.

Here is the winning tweet from Chicky for a Mk 42 1/4 scale statue:

JARVIS dropped the needle but only a few brave Starks took on the Tony Jam! #StarkWeek WIN for @DarthSparrow https://youtu.be/omj_dRPdZHg email us

That was tweeted on 8/15 as the winner. By my count, looking up #Starkweek on 8/14-15, there are exactly 9 videos entered in that contest. And 3 of them are music videos that people just pulled from Youtube. Only 6 were home made videos.

Like I said....it's not rocket science, but for whatever reason people don't enter, even for a $450 Iron Man statue. :dunno

I'm not going back to April to look up my Wolverine win but trust me there were very few entries.

Oh and I was told that I was the 2nd winner for the Wolverine PF statue. Someone else was chosen ahead of me but didn't reply and accept within 24 hours. I'd hate to be that guy.

Like I said, those aren't the SS account contests. They are the chicky contests under a different account.

I understand and I stand by my statement. This ain't my first rodeo with how SS/Chicky do their contests and how popular they are.

Also, Susan has a contest running currently on Twitter with multiple winners to be chosen tomorrow. Take a picture of yourself reading a comic (paper or digital) at work.

Just trying to help.

JARVIS dropped the needle but only a few brave Starks took on the Tony Jam! #StarkWeek WIN for @DarthSparrow https://youtu.be/omj_dRPdZHg email us

That was tweeted on 8/15 as the winner. By my count, looking up #Starkweek on 8/14-15, there are exactly 9 videos entered in that contest. And 3 of them are music videos that people just pulled from Youtube. Only 6 were home made videos.

Like I said....it's not rocket science, but for whatever reason people don't enter, even for a $450 Iron Man statue. :dunno

I'm not going back to April to look up my Wolverine win but trust me there were very few entries.

That's your friend? I bet that Avengers SDCC Hulk poster behind him is the one that was rudely ripped out of my hands at SDCC! Bastard! lol

That's your friend? I bet that Avengers SDCC Hulk poster behind him is the one that was rudely ripped out of my hands at SDCC! Bastard! lol

LOL I have no idea, but he is a friend of mine, a fellow cosplayer from LA.

Then it may have happened. Probably a few folks who forgot to put the hashtag but still doesn't appear to be that many.

Of course if not many enter it greatly increases ones challenge. So it's not rocket science in that regard.

The first time I discovered Sideshow on twitter there was a contest for a star spangled cap that I wanted. I was entering like crazy only to realize that I forgot the hashtag and lost. There were not that many entries, but it was my first time there and I had a little time and forgot about the hashtags.

Yep, gotta have the pound sign. ERRRR, hash tag. That's how they're able to locate all of the entries. Without it, you have not entered.

If you reply, they're going through. If you don't include the hashtag as requested, they'll be ignored. ;) Or rather they won't be able to include your reply when they filter on that specific hashtag to build a list of entries to pick a winner. A hashtag is just a keyword, preceded by a hash character "#" to mark it as a keyword.

OK, so if I hit the little reply arrow and it only shows @collectsideshow I have to add all the # they included in the original message in the body part of my reply? Then I can add my answer / picture or whatever?

OK, so if I hit the little reply arrow and it only shows @collectsideshow I have to add all the # they included in the original message in the body part of my reply? Then I can add my answer / picture or whatever?

Yes. The #WHATEVERTHEYASKYOUTOWRITE is how they sort. It's just a specific kind of searching. Allows them to just dump those entries into the random pile to draw from so that they don't pick someone tweeting them stuff that doesn't have to do with the contest.

Good to know... thanks.

As far as who wins contests. If people are winning outside of the 30 day window then it's all fair game I suppose. I've seen people over the years have some good luck. I remember Lonnie having some lucky wins. I don't enter myself because I don't collect Marvel/DC stuff so all I'd do with it is sell it and SS has been good to me over the years.

Pfft....further proof or corruption :lecture

I had a pretty good Spook a couple years ago

Extra Reward Points on all things Terminator today. :wink1:

They shouldn't do it on unreleased items.
Kick in the teeth for anyone who ordered the Reg and is waiting for it.

I won a 12 inch general grevieous here on sideshow freaks.

Back