1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been in this thread for a while.
Was this piece displayed at this years Comic Con?

I'd like to see what it currently looks like.

I haven't been in this thread for a while.
Was this piece displayed at this years Comic Con?

I'd like to see what it currently looks like.

Were they even at SDCC this year???????????? I don't remember seeing any pics on them...

10580212_10154479604710648_501966193628177235_n.jpg

Doesn't look as bad as I thought but still not sure if worth 100usd

If only they wuld have released a ton more from the 42 armors.. I would definitely buy their 1/12 figure since it is my favorite scale since i was a kid but the completist in me cant pull the trigger seeing how long they take to release a single armor , what more all 42..

Play Imaginative, itself, was not at the SDCC, but it's US distributor, Yes Anime, was. As discussed in earlier threads, they had on display the regular edition 1/4 and 1/12 War Machine Mark II figures.

Yes Anime sent out the following Play Imaginative notice a few days ago to customers. For US release, the plan appears to be that US product should be out by the end of September.

Yes Anime said:
OFFICIAL STATEMENT
Date: 12 August 2014

RE: Streamlining of Super Alloy products

Dear customers,

Play Imaginative is aware of customer sentiment surrounding the delayed releases of various Super Alloy figures that have already been out on pre-order, and we sincerely apologize for any disappointment and inconvenience caused.

Moving forward, production planning has been restructured, and streamlining measures have been implemented in order to ensure product quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.

We would like to thank you for your continued support, and look forward to exciting you with our Super Alloy products.

On that note, we are excited to announce our next upcoming releases:
Super Alloy 1/4 Scale War Machine Mk II (Reg. Ed.) – end August 2014
Super Alloy 1/4 Scale War Machine Mk II (Exc. Ed.) – end September 2014
Super Alloy 1/12 Scale War Machine Mk II – end September 2014

For any feedback and comments, please email us at [email protected]

Sincerely,
The Play Imaginative management & team

*PLEASE NOTE: Dates shown are according to overseas release dates and take an additional month to arrive to North America via ocean freight ~ Yes Anime, Inc.

I remember being impressed with the display last year & the use of the words 'super alloy' got my attention too BUT when my retailer of choice said that he refused to deal with them because of all the problems they cause him, that certainly set off alarm bells & several other people have since told me that build quality can tend to be poor too SO as much as I liked the look of them, I've not bothered trying to preorder any in the end & if I want 1:4 scale I'll probably look at Sideshow's new series of maquettes they are making as there's lots of those on the way & I know I'm happy with their products. :)

Saw this the new 1/4 WM in Forbidden Planets London's window display earlier today, looked impressive, but they had it marked up at nearly £700... strewth!

Saw this the new 1/4 WM in Forbidden Planets London's window display earlier today, looked impressive, but they had it marked up at nearly £700... strewth!

You can get Sideshow's 1:4 scale maquette for £300.00..., a much nicer figure I'm sure you'll agree?!? lol ;)

Back