Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After catching up on this thread I went ahead and ordered myself an alternate Amy head. Although the sculpt isn't bad, it's still far from providing a good likeness of Karen's face. At this point I think the best hope for a better looking Amy head will be the release of a 1/6 scale version of Nebula.

After catching up on this thread I went ahead and ordered myself an alternate Amy head. Although the sculpt isn't bad, it's still far from providing a good likeness of Karen's face. At this point I think the best hope for a better looking Amy head will be the release of a 1/6 scale version of Nebula.

That's why I just keep flip-flopping on whether I want it or not!

Except she'll be blue (guess you could paint over it) and she'll probably have a sculpted-on eye patch. If they actually make her, of course.

Except she'll be blue (guess you could paint over it) and she'll probably have a sculpted-on eye patch. If they actually make her, of course.

Exactly! Like a blue faced, eye patch wearing, bald headed Karen Gillan will make for a good Amy Pond. Big Chief gave us a very good sculpt and figure, it'll likely be the best representation of the character in figure form that we'll ever see.

Bought the alternate head, what's the best body for an Amy custom apart from the original one from BC?

Aw, that's not bad. I'm still torn on this one though. The new sculpt is definitely better, but I just think the face is still too long.

It can be easily widened with an airdryer. I did with mine and looks so much better (Sorry for my English, I'm spanish :p )

Have you guys in the US received replacement Amy heads ordered in February?

I sent my receipts by the form the day it was available but they took weeks to send me a request of shipping payment.
I paid for the shipping for two (I hope) and it has been showing "processing" since February. I have written Big Chief Studios by e-mail and Facebook, but they do not reply.

Have you guys in the US received replacement Amy heads ordered in February?

I sent my receipts by the form the day it was available but they took weeks to send me a request of shipping payment.
I paid for the shipping for two (I hope) and it has been showing "processing" since February. I have written Big Chief Studios by e-mail and Facebook, but they do not reply.

You should have long since received your alternate head sculpts. I'm not sure why you haven't heard back from them. When I ordered my replacement head I waited a couple days and sent off a quick email requesting when the order would ship out. I received an immediate reply and the order arrived the following week. I would contact them again using their customer service email address; [email protected]

HTH. :)

I measured this figure today. It is 11 3/8". Scale wise it is 5' 7" (with boots and hair puffed up). What a bloody joke. Gilian is 5' 11". Can somebody please get this right at least once?

Last edited:
Yeah, these companies rarely, if ever, get the scale right.

Agreed. More than likely, the Amy Pond body is under-scaled so that it can be used for future characters. Funny thing regarding scale is that BC have said something to the likes of them focusing on scale to make the Doctors' height accurate. I guess it doesn't apply to his companions or females in general since the recent Martin Freeman Watson figure is short when compared to the Cumberbatch Holmes figure.

On a somewhat unrelated note, would it be worth getting a Pond figure from BC? She is on clearance everywhere - I can grab one for about $130 shipped. However, the one from BC is about $166 US dollars, but comes with the exclusive raggity Doctor accessory. Should I bite to get that figure?

So I bought a Pond alternate head...will it be compatible with any body in the market? Excited to find some shorts or mini-skirts for her

Guys, where can I get different colored tights for my Amy figures? I want to switch them out once in a while.

imagejpg3_zps345c34cd.jpg

Here is my reworked Amy...Very Hot pale medium bust body, FG boots and repainted head

imagejpg1_zps73b5a8c7.jpg

imagejpg9_zps8b4dc239.jpg

My name is Pond, Amy Pond

Back