1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Placed my order Aug 27, still showing "Item Shipping Soon"??? Chat online with Sideshow, they said it usually takes 5 to 7 business days to ship out the package. Don't remember if it is usually taking this long, usually 2 days for in-stock item. Noticed the waiting time for online chat or live phone call is taking much longer than before, not sure if they are significant under staffs...

Did a live chat with Sideshow Elisse. She said my order should ship out either today or tomorrow. I ordered on 8/27. Oh, I paid in full with PayPal when at the time. Also, she said they ship out as soon as they receive the orders in their warehouse.

The right arm on my figure was not attached to the shoulder joint in the package although I didn't notice it until I removed the figure from the box. The arm went back in fine and was really tight. So tight that if I moved the arm upwards at all it would pop out of the socket. I have had mine sitting in the cabinet for the past couple of days untouched and now the right arm will not come out of the socket. Before I couldn't even use the arm socket extension feature or move the arm laterally without the arm coming off.

At this point I am guessing that the figure was a bit warm from being in the UPS truck. After sitting in A/C the plastic has contracted around the ball joint and now the arm doesn't come off. If my theory is true I would recommend anyone buying one of these to open the package and let the figure come to room temperature before removing it. Remove the main plastic cover that is covering the figure (not the plastic on the figure itself) so it can properly cool down. Maybe the diecast material is exacerbating the issue?

It sounds like the shoulder joints are very susceptible to changes in temperature. It might be due to the material. Optibotimus described it as "rubber band rubber." Can you or anybody else confirm?

Did a live chat with Sideshow Elisse. She said my order should ship out either today or tomorrow. I ordered on 8/27. Oh, I paid in full with PayPal when at the time. Also, she said they ship out as soon as they receive the orders in their warehouse.

I decided to call Sideshow. They claimed they were waiting for the shipment to arrive on last Thurs. For some reasons, the shipment never arrived and were delayed at the dock. They promised the shipment should arrive sometime this week. So, Sideshow doesn't have any MK42 at this point. :gah:

i ordered mine Apr 30, 2013 and still "Item(s) Shipping Soon". Too bad only US customers get premium Service from SS.

Yeah, you can still take decent photos with cell phones. They usually have a wide lens so you just have to position it at the right spot, too close and you'll get weird distortions.[emoji51]

I'll give SS another day then call them. These port delays happen from time to time. Gotta make sure there isn't some giant monster hidden in any of those crates. :lol

On the SS website, it states that this guy is still up for pre-order. What's taking them so long to release this figure?

Just received mine and this is why i choose pack out, this is always the case with UPS in my area :mad: cant wait to get home and open it! :yess:

E352CB63-9A6E-4B47-B3C9-4383ADFFD888.jpg

On the SS website, it states that this guy is still up for pre-order. What's taking them so long to release this figure?

They haven't gotten a full shipment in yet so they don't have stock to even fulfill existing preorders, at least as of Friday. Then again Black Widow is still listed as PO as well...

It sounds like the shoulder joints are very susceptible to changes in temperature. It might be due to the material. Optibotimus described it as "rubber band rubber." Can you or anybody else confirm?

The silver ring around where the arm ball goes into the joint is a rubber like material. It is harder than the rubber that would be used in a rubber band.DSC_9900.jpg

Back