1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is my my mk 42s have yet to ship ?? I'm growing impatient

Yep. Same here. Never had something charge and not ship same day. Now 2 days. What gives SS?

Edit: Just saw the partial shipment posts. Still annoying on a short week. Oh well.

Last edited:
I got mine today and I have a few issues with it. I received two right battle damaged forearms and my chest arc reactor light stays on slightly. Also the clean chest plate has a paint speck on it but I can deal with it. As far as getting the correct forearm pieces, who should I email at Sideshow?

15066050161_439f2d6990_c.jpg

14882519307_fce7151868_c.jpg

14882483388_72c990554b_c.jpg

14882517727_08639d9e85_c.jpg

Got mine on Thursday. A few issues, but glad to have it.

Attachments

• 14882519307_fce7151868_s.jpg
    14882519307_fce7151868_s.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 408
The shoulders are as delicate as they are saying. Be careful with the tolerances on the joints and you will be fine. Mine seems to only have one "rubber" bit on each arm where they articulate outwards.

The Iron Patriot or War Machine Mark II are both much sturdier figures. Regardless of how the Iron Patriot was characterized in the movie, it might actually be the better of the two. I highly recommend Iron Patriot, especially for anyone that has a lot of technical issues with this release.

Hi fellow collectors! Been a lurker for a couple of months so I decided to finally sign up and post a bit. I received my XLII today and all I can say is WOW. What a FANtastic figure from Hot Toys. My first Ironman HT fig was the Mark VII and I am very happy with that figure. I bought the War Machine Mark II next and I was even more impressed with HT's craftsmanship on him. I am a diecast fan so there you go. The XLII shows up today and I am completely blown away. It is just superb.

I have to admit this is not my favorite color scheme. I pre-ordered this back on June the 29th of 2013 so its been a long wait and I have wondered what I would think of this one when it finally arrived. I can say that pictures do not do this justice. It's stunning.

Thanks to you guys on here I learned about the pack-out option at Sideshow. That was a great idea as my package came undamaged. I do have one negative thing to say about my personal figure, I'm not really sure it its an actual issue but when I first took him out of the box his right arm came right off at the ball joint. The joints on this figure are super tight. It goes right back into the ball and socket joint and its not physically broken. Not sure if that is something I should worry about. I moved the joints back and forth a bit this evening and its doing better with not popping out of joint.

Other than that little issue I am very happy I bought this figure. I can't wait for the rest of the figures I ordered to arrive over the course of the next year or so.

IMFigs.jpg

The shoulders are as delicate as they are saying. Be careful with the tolerances on the joints and you will be fine. Mine seems to only have one "rubber" bit on each arm where they articulate outwards.

The Iron Patriot or War Machine Mark II are both much sturdier figures. Regardless of how the Iron Patriot was characterized in the movie, it might actually be the better of the two. I highly recommend Iron Patriot, especially for anyone that has a lot if technical issues with this release.

Depending on how much I like the 42 when it finally arrives I may go and pick up a patriot, I've had my eye on that figure for a while now.

Got mine tonight and he's pretty cool. I had to make a minor repair on mine, the left knee armor piece had fallen off, not sure if it was during shipping or what but a bit of super glue seemed to take care of it. Also damn the waist is kind of hard to extend. You really have to pull and I was scared of breaking it. The Iron Patriot's waist extends a lot easier. Overall though a solid figure and I'm happy with it. I do wish we could have gotten some battle damage to the legs but oh well.

Got mine 2day around lunch time and all I will say is def best one yet! No problems with mine what so ever either. Even got him in the landing pose lol. It's is pretty tricky bt he will get very very close to screen accurate pose. Not sure how I'll display em yet tho. There is no "bad pose" with this guy really! Congrat to all who got him. AWESOME figure!

Hi fellow collectors! Been a lurker for a couple of months so I decided to finally sign up and post a bit. I received my XLII today and all I can say is WOW. What a FANtastic figure from Hot Toys. My first Ironman HT fig was the Mark VII and I am very happy with that figure. I bought the War Machine Mark II next and I was even more impressed with HT's craftsmanship on him. I am a diecast fan so there you go. The XLII shows up today and I am completely blown away. It is just superb.

I have to admit this is not my favorite color scheme. I pre-ordered this back on June the 29th of 2013 so its been a long wait and I have wondered what I would think of this one when it finally arrived. I can say that pictures do not do this justice. It's stunning.

Thanks to you guys on here I learned about the pack-out option at Sideshow. That was a great idea as my package came undamaged. I do have one negative thing to say about my personal figure, I'm not really sure it its an actual issue but when I first took him out of the box his right arm came right off at the ball joint. The joints on this figure are super tight. It goes right back into the ball and socket joint and its not physically broken. Not sure if that is something I should worry about. I moved the joints back and forth a bit this evening and its doing better with not popping out of joint.

Other than that little issue I am very happy I bought this figure. I can't wait for the rest of the figures I ordered to arrive over the course of the next year or so.

View attachment 130613

Great first post, welcome to the freaks. I remember seeing in optobotumus's review of the 42 that the arm kept popping out, its not broke like you say but it did seem a bit annoying to deal with when trying to pose.

I got mine today and I have a few issues with it. I received two right battle damaged forearms and my chest arc reactor light stays on slightly. Also the clean chest plate has a paint speck on it but I can deal with it. As far as getting the correct forearm pieces, who should I email at Sideshow?

Don't mean to be annoying, but anyone have a suggestion? First time dealing with a defect/quality issue with sideshow

Don't mean to be annoying, but anyone have a suggestion? First time dealing with a defect/quality issue with sideshow

Just email customer service with your order number and issue, the forearm is an easy fix as they'll send you the proper one. The chest may require you sending in the torso or entire fig.

View attachment 130613
:welcome to the forum and congrats!

That's 3 world class figures you have displayed there! :rock

How come you opted to use the articulated hand instead of the repulsor hand designed for that pose on the Mk 7?

Just email customer service with your order number and issue, the forearm is an easy fix as they'll send you the proper one. The chest may require you sending in the torso or entire fig.

This:lecture

Also attach photos of the issue if you can, they sometimes ask for that.

I believe I have a defective figure as well. Having some issues with the legs, got them to extend by pushing the button as the instruction say but I cannot get them to push back into the body. Has anyone had this issue? Or maybe someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

I believe I have a defective figure as well. Having some issues with the legs, got them to extend by pushing the button as the instruction say but I cannot get them to push back into the body. Has anyone had this issue? Or maybe someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

Hold the button in on the bum and rotate the cotch piece back up.

That's one thing I'm not sure I like with the articulation on these die cast figures. Getting the legs to push back up is kind of tricky. It seems like the easiest way to do it is to put the figure in almost a sitting position and pushing the button in.

Back