1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my feeling with a lot of the "QC issues" that get reported on pretty much every new figure.

Obviously QC problems arise from time to time, but the way I've seen some people on video reviews handle their figures it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that many of the reported breakages on the 42 were down to people treating the new joints like they're indestructible.

But as is the way, these types would rather whine and blame the company rather than their own stupidity.

My friend got his 42 a week or so back and I asked him about the shoulder joints and he said they're fine as long as you're careful....so no different to any other figure then.

He also told me that once mine arrives I'll probably view all the non diecast armors in a slightly different light :lol

I think its not too much to expect the joints to work well even with the handling and poses; after all its an 'action figure', one that we paid top dollar for :) imo of cos

I think its not too much to expect the joints to work well even with the handling and poses; after all its an 'action figure', one that we paid top dollar for :) imo of cos

I think the debate on this issue may boil down to a simple question: Does spending a lot of money, obviate any requirement by the purchaser to read the handbook, in order to familiarise themselves with the product's special features?.. imho, it does not.

I've followed these threads for a long time but I'm still not clear how the shoulders are broken. Can someone who actually broke them (hope you got your replacement) share with the rest if us so we can exercise the appropriate caution?

I've followed these threads for a long time but I'm still not clear how the shoulders are broken. Can someone who actually broke them (hope you got your replacement) share with the rest if us so we can exercise the appropriate caution?

most people on here order through sideshow, and dont have them yet, reports are out of asia where stock has been sold

They tried posing it would be my guess.

I think the debate on this issue may boil down to a simple question: Does spending a lot of money, obviate any requirement by the purchaser to read the handbook, in order to familiarise themselves with the product's special features?.. imho, it does not.

I never realised parts breaking off was considered a "special feature".

Again, HT QC to the fore!

Back