1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got scammed by showcasecomicsandstatues. I pre-ordered a falcon and a golden age cap from other ebay seller but they were nice enough to give me my money back. I just got off the phone with customer service with ebay and they said that they will try to get in contact with showcasecomicsandstatues and that in the mean time i should file a report on ic3.gov and see what they can do. I suggest that if anybody else that got scammed by this ebay seller or any other do this so we can get our money back and stop these guys from doing this again. Also learn from this. PM me if you have any questions.

thanks tips

HOW ARE THERE SO MANY OF YOU PEOPLE ..!?

it must be so hard for you people to even make it through a day... poor things

72ac5424e8e2a2b3d2f220ea01c98f6322cff1c34576c54f6c543115720d6985.jpg

no, but I sure as hell research the **** out of something before I commit $$ to it. and if youre using ebay/paypal to buy these incredibly expensive figures, youd think you at least read over some of the protections they offer. Ebay and Paypal both make a huge effort to tell you You have 45 days to file a claim... even in you "purchased Items" at the day 40 mark it displays a warning to eaither leave feedback or if there was a problem to open a claim...

really no excuse

also no one just found out last week that buyer protection only lasts 45 days... its a well known fact

Peeps new to collecting and buying through eBay will make mistakes, that seem obvious to more experienced collectors.. I was seriously surprised by the number of experienced collectors who got clipped by Mother's Basement.. effectively just because they were based in the UK, a lot of peeps suspended their better judgement.

However, because I'm old, grumpy and cynical, I took one look at Mother's Basement prices and the deposits they were taking.. and I decided it all seemed much too good to be true.
The fact I was right, does not mean the other collectors were stupid.. The company was based in the UK, there was some trading history and some collectors had received more than one order, before it all went horribly Pete Tong.

.. like I said ain't none of us perfect.

Peeps new to collecting and buying through eBay will make mistakes that seem obvious to more experienced collectors.. I was seriously surprised by the number of experienced collectors who got clipped by Mother's Basement.. effectively just because they were based in the UK, a lot of peeps suspended their better judgement.

However, because I'm old, grumpy and cynical, I took one look at Mother's Basement prices and the deposits they were taking.. and I decided it all seemed much too good to be true.
The fact I was right, does not mean the other collectors were stupid.. The company was based in the UK, there was some trading history and some collectors had received more than one order, before it all went horribly Pete Tong.

Are we related? :horror

Peeps new to collecting and buying through eBay will make mistakes that seem obvious to more experienced collectors.. I was seriously surprised by the number of experienced collectors who got clipped by Mother's Basement.. effectively just because they were based in the UK, a lot of peeps suspended their better judgement.

there are certainly aspects to learning ebay for the purpose of being an effective seller/buyer... knowing you have 45 days is not part of that. they throw it in your face constantly. you basically have to be stupid to not know. and if you claim that they sign up and jump into PO's on their first day and dont take the time to figure out how it works... then they deserve what comes to them. it is stupid

Wow, I ask for advice on a forum and all we get is insulted.
Won't be using this site much longer.
I heard uncle clip got banned as well 2 weeks for arguing with people on these forums.
I can see why. The attitude in hear is shocking.
Thanks though taibshe, you seem like a decent guy along with others who have chipped in to help.

there are certainly aspects to learning ebay for the purpose of being an effective seller/buyer... knowing you have 45 days is not part of that. they throw it in your face constantly. you basically have to be stupid to not know. and if you claim that they sign up and jump into PO's on their first day and dont take the time to figure out how it works... then they deserve what comes to them. it is stupid

1250702987_rat-fight.gif

I'm watching a Sideshow figure being shill-bid.. right now on US eBay.. and the buyer currently being up-bid, should have enough experience to recognise what is going on.. very annoying.
:gah:

thanks tips

HOW ARE THERE SO MANY OF YOU PEOPLE ..!?

it must be so hard for you people to even make it through a day... poor things

:lol

I don't like laughing at other peoples misfortune but that was a good one.

Its not surprising that these people get fooled, if most people looked into things more carefully seller/scammers wouldn't even bother trying. These people pray on the un-informed and apparently business is good:ohbfrank:

Last edited:
Well if there are any ebay buyers that go screwed by showcasecomicsandstatues send me a message. The more people the better for the investigation and the better the chance of you seeing your money back.

Also i was new to purchase of hot toys and like a newbie I'm not surprised this happened, but that doesn't mean that people that are down deserve to be kicks. Lets try to at least show some kindness and some support......:lecture

They are ways to scam the system, I had a friend who was a scum and got his Hot Toys for free by playing by those rules... It goes like stating that he never got the item, but was going to threat the buyer and IF the buyer has a good reputation a negative survey will damage his score and people will start buying from him less... you gotta be passive aggressive

Hey guys, finally got to open this guy...hefty one this is!
Just a quick pic of the shoulder joint, is this the revised version?

Thx

Back