1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered it from AmiAmi, a Japanese retailer, and the release date has been pushed back to late August, which probably means September ...

I pre-ordered it from AmiAmi, a Japanese retailer, and the release date has been pushed back to late August, which probably means September ...

Similar delivery date to the UK, in that case.. hopefully that means you will get a Mk42 with the modified articulation.. Welcome to the forum by the way, excellent first post!
:hi5:

Similar delivery date to the UK, in that case.. hopefully that means you will get a Mk42 with the modified articulation.. Welcome to the forum by the way, excellent first post!
:hi5:
Thank you for the kind words :)
I had ordered from Japan in the hope that I would get it sooner, but right now I just feel fortunate about the delay.

Thanks! Mark 42 will be my first HT figure!

Great way to start. Also starting with a die cast figure may kill any itch that you have to go back and buy any of the previous plastic figures. I know I don't ever want to go back to plastic Ironman figures. Get Iron Patriot too.. He's awesome.

Great way to start. Also starting with a die cast figure may kill any itch that you have to go back and buy any of the previous plastic figures. I know I don't ever want to go back to plastic Ironman figures. Get Iron Patriot too.. He's awesome.

I was gonna say that :lol

Yeah if you get a diecast first, then get a regular Plastic IM, it will be disappointing :rotfl

I don't think so. What's wrong with plastic besides weight?

Some armors look amazing in plastic, and we display them anyway.

I agree that they still look good.. but if your FIRST one is diecast and you have experienced that WOW moment when you finally lift him out of the styrofoam and you feel the heft and cold of metal.. your initial impression with a plastic figure might be.. Ehhhhh. It will feel like a toy whereas the diecast figures feel like display pieces.

And the diecast figures have better articulation for the most part.

There are some great designs and features in the older figures but I immediately lost interest in them once Patriot landed (My first diecast).

But in the back of your mind you are saying.. I'm probably going to sell that plastic one when the diecast version comes out! Lol.. Might just be me though.

1250702987_rat-fight.gif

Back