1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2517_zps4c4206ba.jpg

"It tastes like coconut... and metal."

Part of me hopes that someone gets fed up with some paint flaking, removes all the paint to show the diecast and paint the plastic parts like the MkII. I think a silver/chrome 42 would be pretty fricken awesome. I would do it but I don't have that much skill or money.

Sounds neat, I'd like to see a photoshopped chromed out Mk 42 if anyone has the skills!

Great pics Clipper :clap

I have a question about the shoulder gaps that show up in almost all of the pictures.. Is there a way to get it to lay flush and appear connected like it does in the proto shots and the power pose figure? That's the only bit that bugs me a little. It some shots it looks like a chunk of armor is missing..

Proto
e4ypa9ep.jpg

arydyhez.jpg

Power pose
8u8u9a4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also wanted to pull off the other couch pose, BD Mk42 sitting down next to BD Tony head on the custom VeryCool clothing set in Harley's garage.

892757_10102077251887369_262418353_o.jpg

I was actually thinking about it too, but unless the 42 can rotate under the knee, i dnt think it's happening...

Yeah, I don't think it's happening either; you need more hip/thigh rotation than there currently is. But there's always the cheat of popping the leg out and hiding that in the shadows...

I also wanted to pull off the other couch pose, BD Mk42 sitting down next to BD Tony head on the custom VeryCool clothing set in Harley's garage.

892757_10102077251887369_262418353_o.jpg

Ah, the one couch pose that was actually in the movie. That'd be a fun one to pull off for those who also have a Tony Stark.

I'm really surprised at how great this figure turned out. I'm gonna wait two or three months before I even consider pulling the trigger though, to see if the shoulder breaking issue is very common. It mite be better to just wait for HT's to make the avengers 2 mark 47. I'm sure they will spit the 47 out fast when the movie releases since it's basically just a repaint (a better color scheme IMO) and hopefully they will fix any potential issues between now and then.

Back