1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if it was different from WM and IP. I have had my War Machine in an action pose since purchase and the arms are still solid on it.

My Chinese isn't too good but from what I can make out, it is pretty severe.
Even those who are more gentle with theirs, the plastic part of the joint are starting to show deformation.

If we're vocal enough about it, HT will might revise the later batches.
Given HT's record, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance.
They did revise the MK6 chest piece, AMS's shoulder etc
Can't say the same about Monger's hip and ED209's dome though
So who knows

I Iron Mongers hip was noticed after the release with some time so it was hard to go back and do something about that it was more of actual assembley as the factory worker or tightened the plastic to the point were it cracked . I have it its small and cosmetic this on the other hand is a manufacturing problem meaning potentially all the Mark 42 will be the same way.

I think Hot Toys will do something about it has I can see all these people who have just received the first batch out of the flag ship store will be going back and asking for refunds and causing a fuss. They can still fix it since they are still in the middle of production much like they did with the amazing spiderman which had the newer body in later productions runs.

ED-209 well hey that was bound to happened it just started happening sooner that any of us expected as it look like they used the same material they has last time and that got messed up over time. Well they saved me $ 400

I feel really sorry for the HK folks. Hot Toys has a pretty good track record with fixing major issues for the US batch. Leaky abs Batman and broken shoulder Spider-Man. It'll probably get delayed for a month or two for the US batch, but I'll wait however long it takes for HT to fix this.

I feel really sorry for the HK folks. Hot Toys has a pretty good track record with fixing major issues for the US batch. Leaky abs Batman and broken shoulder Spider-Man. It'll probably get delayed for a month or two for the US batch, but I'll wait however long it takes for HT to fix this.

That is what I love about the forms and facebook they use it promote their products but when stuff like this happens they can not hide it and are forced to address it or else get stuck with unsold product. I think they learned their lesson considering they did do something about it on the amazing spiderman release

More and more reports about this coming in.

Definitely going to wait out until it's fixed and if it's not then i will do without. Don't need a $310 broken toy in my collection.

Well this is a bit ****, isn't it? :lol
I have him coming early next week.

Without wanting to open a can of worms though, I still doubt that Hot Toys fix "issues" for US releases. Especially within a tight production window.

Most of these figures come from the same batches (HK and the world outside HK) they are continuously manufactured. So HK will get the first 00000 number of the first sets ready, then the rest will be shipped abroad. There are no "batches" so to speak in my experience.

Real "new" batches would arrive in around 6 months time if it was still on sale.

Like the DX02 Batman oil fiasco. They did change the chest piece for the DC direct batch, but that was much later. The Spiderman arm "issue" was never clearly sorted or fixed. Everyone just became more careful with them IMO. I have 3 ASM sets, two early HK releases, and one later US release. They are identical, and I've had the suit off of two of them. And I've never had arm issues with any of them. It was never officially confirmed that there was a problem or that it was "fixed". IMO that was a problem with brittle joints on a Truetype body being hidden by a completely covered suit. I saw similar issues on other figures which were never mass hysteria-ised.

Anyway, unless there is a major delay with the US release of this figure, do not assume anything will be fixed. The most they will do is additional QC before boxing. Some of the parts for this figure will have been made months ago. It's not quick fixable as some people think.

DSC_0082.JPG

I think the black lines between the panels are too heavy. It all looks more like a toy, with these colours as well, compared to the prototype shot. The gold is too dark and has a greenish hue in many of the shots I've seen. I hope the shoulder gets fixed to for the sideshow clients, because I'm one of them. Hope I like it better in hand than what I've seen now. I for one can tell you that the diecast war machine is sturdy as hell. Much more than some of the plastic iron man's I have. I've done the most extreme poses with warmachine and it is still solid as a rock.
902031-iron-man-mark-xlii-42-008.jpg

Last edited:
I have the patriot and he too is sturdy as hell so I find it sad that 43 is so fragile. Damn I really wanted him most of all for my IM collection but I don't like qc issues as i'm really ocd about flaws on my figures.

im seeing a lot of these arm problems and as you saw in my unboxing video that I did check mine , now having filmed the full review which is uploading now all the joints on mine are still ok , tight and no signs of breakage , fingers crossed that this is not a wide spread problem for the sake of the guys who haven't received theres yet . one thing I would say is I was extra careful with every point of articulation on this one because it was the first diecast that id seen so I wasn't sure how it was meant to move ....good luck bruvas :O)

well if I get a bad one im most likely going to just get a refund and buy something else, which sucks cuz the only other IM I have PO'd is SC.
I want HB too but other than the SC I wont have a TS reveal head if I don't keep the 42.

Heres part 1 of my review hope you enjoy it , please share , sub , like and comment ......no damage to report on this one so far

I think the black lines between the panels are too heavy. It all looks more like a toy, with these colours as well, compared to the prototype shot. The gold is too dark and has a greenish hue in many of the shots I've seen. I hope the shoulder gets fixed to for the sideshow clients, because I'm one of them. Hope I like it better in hand than what I've seen now. I for one can tell you that the diecast war machine is sturdy as hell. Much more than some of the plastic iron man's I have. I've done the most extreme poses with warmachine and it is still solid as a rock.
View attachment 119808

Not the case in hand, It looks darker because of the sun in the background also the black lines are not too prominent in hand. as for it looking like a toy 1) it is lol and 2) to me all iron man figures look like toys thats why im not a big collector of them, mixed media figures have the effect to look real do to human sculpt and actual clothing but you dont get that with iron man. As for the green hue? i don't see it in my shots or any other shots i've seen for that matter

Back