1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had no idea this guy was gonna be so flexible! Never had an Iron Man before and have seen people complaining about how difficult it is to get them into the landing pose etc. If anything I thought that die cast was going to hinder that further, but it looks like this has been handled beautifully. So glad I put in a pre-order on this :yess:

Like others, I was reluctant at first. The Mark XLII armour seemed weird, a bit too different, dare I say - as every twentieth post on here seems to - a bit too gold. But when I saw Iron Man 3 I ended up loving the film (yes, the Kingsley Mandarin was a punchline, but it was a funny one and different universes see comic characters get re-written/combined with elements of others all the time) and the armour, especially on the figure, has just grown on be ever since. Now when I look at some of the other Iron Man figs that I was considering getting on the secondary market, they almost seem too red! And with the lack of all the panel splits and detailing this figure has - and, of course, the die cast finish - I kind of feel like some of them look like generic toy robots, rather than a suit with a man inside (the face sculpt on this is another bonus. It's just great). Throw in some cool battle damage and this is definitely an Iron Man I'll be proud to have as my first!

And for those still not on board, I'm sure the Age of Ultron colour flip will be great if they don't change it with CGI. But I don't have that kind of patience! :lol:p

:goodpost:

Timcent's price just dropped!!!
From $486 to the now laughable cheap $483!!!

Go go go!

In that case i'll have two.

Seen a few people complain about QC on social media about this figure. Mostly the arm joints so please be careful if you get it.

Waiting for the Optibotimus review before i decide. No Ex so not worried about a sell out for once.

In that case i'll have two.

Seen a few people complain about QC on social media about this figure. Mostly the arm joints so please be careful if you get it.

Waiting for the Optibotimus review before i decide. No Ex so not worried about a sell out for once.

yeah i seen the broken arm a few pages back, hopefully its not common

yeah i seen the broken arm a few pages back, hopefully its not common

Here is the 3rd one i've seen

10544370_10152194025053483_833611359824630956_n.jpg

I ordered one from HK- He cleared Customs at JFK airport on Wed, 7/9, so with any luck he arrives at my office today or Friday.
He'll join the rest of the IM at home on Friday (seeing new Planet of the Apes movie tonight after work and not taking IM to dinner and movie theater tonight)

I ordered one from HK- He cleared Customs at JFK airport on Wed, 7/9, so with any luck he arrives at my office today or Friday.
He'll join the rest of the IM at home on Friday (seeing new Planet of the Apes movie tonight after work and not taking IM to dinner and movie theater tonight)

You actually paid $483???

Back