1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From SSC "Unfortunately, as these scratches on the arm are very small in scale and would not be visible when the item is fully assembled, I don’t think I would be able to provide you a replacement for that arm that would be a significant improvement over your current piece. There will be minor imperfections on every piece if you look close enough."

Yea I am leaning towards keeping it. Realize I may get one with shoulder issues and then would be miserable. This guy looks awesome. I know my paint issues, and shoulder issues on this forum may scare people away, but he is worth it. Even my wife thinks he is awesome (even after finding out the $$)

Its an annoyance but if everything else is perfect, I would probably just display him with the battle damaged panels, the dings will then look as though they are supposed to be there.

Yea, your right. Conveniently the gold shoulder pad covers it up. Just expressing my OCD tendencies with fellow addicts. Again, I think that is why all the armors (python and peacemaker) are coming out with wear and tear on them. Cheers guys!

It's frustrating, but even with modern production techniques, getting an absolutely 'perfect' figure from top to toe, is a rarity.

It must suck to have some of you as customers for sure.

Those SSC reps must go through training hell in order to learn how to deal with such complaints. No wonder some of them are mean as ****.

It must suck to have some of you as customers for sure.

Those SSC reps must go through training hell in order to learn how to deal with such complaints. No wonder some of them are mean as ****.

I didn't complain. I even commented on the professionalism of the staff. Just trying to see if i could get a non scratched arm. Stay outta my bowl of cheerios

So i wrote to SS about my scratched shoulder (underneath the gold shoulder pad). You can see both the one big paint chip and the multiple scratches. Customer service was straight forward and honest. I appreciate their professionalism as they didn't make the figure. Here are the pics below. They offered me a full refund for returning the figure since they cannot replace the arm. What are the freaks thoughts?View attachment 133869View attachment 133867
View attachment 133868

Isnt that under the shoulder piece? You wouldn't be able to see it anyways right?

So this is what I got when I asked for an update on my replacement arm. Not blaming SSC. But Hot Toys needs to get things together.

603c02cd836d5b13e61cbe595d8508a9.jpg

So this is what I got when I asked for an update on my replacement arm. Not blaming SSC. But Hot Toys needs to get things together.

That's gotta be a lie.. Unless they lied to me last week. They said they received their replacement parts but wouldn't send me any because they had defects too. Unless they're waiting for a new better batch

My first problem with a Hot Toys figure and the right arm doesn't light up. Tried 3 sets of batteries and no dice. Wonder how long I have to wait for a replacement...

I've been waiting over 2 weeks for a replacement leg for python. They told me 7-10 days. I'm actually considering returning it, thinking my chances of fixing this is slim to none

I've been waiting over 2 weeks for a replacement leg for python. They told me 7-10 days. I'm actually considering returning it, thinking my chances of fixing this is slim to none

7-10 business days, they expected to get the stock. There are at least 4 non business days. With Labor Day two weeks ago that adds at least a day. If they had the parts they would send them. If u bought it thru most retailers you would be SOL so give them a break. If they don't have the part they can't send it.

From SSC "Unfortunately, as these scratches on the arm are very small in scale and would not be visible when the item is fully assembled, I don’t think I would be able to provide you a replacement for that arm that would be a significant improvement over your current piece. There will be minor imperfections on every piece if you look close enough."

Yea I am leaning towards keeping it. Realize I may get one with shoulder issues and then would be miserable. This guy looks awesome. I know my paint issues, and shoulder issues on this forum may scare people away, but he is worth it. Even my wife thinks he is awesome (even after finding out the $$)

I have OCD (the real kind, not the imaginary, hypochondriac kind) and this would annoy me. But it's underneath the shoulder armor, no? And you can always wind up with a worse figure with shoulder issues. I'd take a deep breath and keep it.

Back