1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark 42 isn't completely heavy but he's got some weight to him. I think most of the die-cast is around the chest section,shoulder pads, parts of the legs. I believe i'm not 100% sure but he's got some weight but not too heavy. The rest is plastic.

Does anybody have any tip in putting in the batteries for the head. Those magnets keep catching the batteries every attempt to place them inside. Poor design on the part of HT of the location of those powerful magnets.

Does anybody have any tip in putting in the batteries for the head. Those magnets keep catching the batteries every attempt to place them inside. Poor design on the part of HT of the location of those powerful magnets.

I grabbed the three batteries using some tweezers then placed them in.

Lil bit of clear tape or the plastic it comes wrapped in to bind them together. Face them the same direction and slip them in. I was not even going to bother putting them in but with the QC issues, I had to check. Plus will help (if) they go bad and leak.

Mark 42 isn't completely heavy but he's got some weight to him. I think most of the die-cast is around the chest section,shoulder pads, parts of the legs. I believe i'm not 100% sure but he's got some weight but not too heavy. The rest is plastic.

Mark 42 is more heavy than WM 2.0 and Patriot ? or lighter ?

Destroy it, that way you can recreate this scene, or the "whatever" scene at the end with Killian. ;)

im3-trailer-05.jpg

Are these die-cast suits super heavy figures? I know my Tama Threepio has a good bit of weight to it. I've been thinking about picking up an IM suit but dont know which one, and I'm not sure if I want to go the die-cast route. I dont like the weight.

If it's anything like the WM or IP diecasts, it's about half-plastic, half-diecast. It would then be about double the weight of a plastic IM figure. So a little less than two pounds.

Mark 42 is more heavy than WM 2.0 and Patriot ? or lighter ?

Doesn't it tell you the weight on Sideshow's website?

UPDATE: I've just had a look at the website & all 3 diecast figures weigh in at 6lbs each but I think that's total weight including packaging as they have an international weight too which is 9lbs. :)

Last edited:
My attempt at the ground pound. I've been posing the hell out of it for a week now and it's still in one piece with nothing bent or feeling loose. I hope if stays this way :)

a2a7uza3.jpg

Still listed as pre-order on the SS website. I really hope the next batches don't have the arm issues. Lets hope all is well with Robo too.

One of my buddies came over Saturday and he's never seen Hot Toys up close before. He was in awe over everything :lol

Especially because of this guy and iron patriot. He said quietly after looking at them, "I'm gonna have to get a couple of these.."

:cool:

One of my buddies came over Saturday and he's never seen Hot Toys up close before. He was in awe over everything :lol

Especially because of this guy and iron patriot. He said quietly after looking at them, "I'm gonna have to get a couple of these.."

:cool:

If your his REAL friend you'll tell him "NO, this addiction will lead down a long road of hurt, pain and financial ruin"!! He should take up yoga instead! ! Lol...

I called Sideshow to ask about this problem I had and I was on the right track to have success in getting batteries in by using tweezers. But I was only putting 1 in at a time and the battery kept going back to the magnets. But anyhow, this is the solution in case people are having a hard time getting those batteries in the head due to that poor design of the location of the heavy magnets. Grab all these batteries with the tweezers with the positive side facing the spring and put them all in at the same time using your index finger to hold them in. If you can't get all 3 in, then just get 2 in and then squeeze the remaining battery in. Problem solved. I really hope that Hot Toys will not have that same design for the Diecast Mark III, because I won't buy it. In fact, I hope all those other issues especially the shoulder is resolved for future die cast figures.

Back