1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Bransen have the revised shoulders or the old ones?

The revised version with a single bush in the joint articulation, rather than the original two bush design.

70041b8cee6c20de2b65a2e3a7869005.jpg

I'm simply trying to reach a balanced conclusion, on the evidence available.. Hot Toys have released some absolutely stunning Iron Man figures recently and I'm pretty sure I'm still going to get the MK42.. but I am going to handle it carefully... very carefully.

I would also prefer to see Hot Toys drop this version of the shoulder articulation for future figure releases, and revert to the WM2/IP version.. because there does appear to be a fragility inherent in this particular design.. just saying

Never heard of this shoulder issue before :lol

They look great together.

They do. Just realized the batteries are running down on the Iron Patriot's eyes and chest LEDs. He was as bright as the Mark XLII when I first got him. Forgot to put the "ammo" piece on his right arm, too, after turning the repulsor light on for these pics.

I love the Mark XLII. It's too bad these shoulder issues keep coming up. If this keeps up, all of us just might be getting extra arms. They should send everyone who purchased a Mark XLII an extra set just in case, IMO.

I echo the sentiment expressed on the Iron Patriot's shoulders...they probably could have kept the same engineering for this figure- it works.

Hey guys does anyone know if you can take the neck post off the mk 42 like you can with the vii? Wondering if it's worth it to buy a new neckpost so i can put my tony stark mechanic headsculpt on the 42 with a neck and have him hold the helmet

Hey guys does anyone know if you can take the neck post off the mk 42 like you can with the vii? Wondering if it's worth it to buy a new neckpost so i can put my tony stark mechanic headsculpt on the 42 with a neck and have him hold the helmet

I just had a look at mine and it does not look like the neck piece on the m42 can be removed. I'm not brave enough to try.

Back