1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool ok. When mine arrives next week I'll film my findings of the joints. I do think that you just have to be careful when posing him.
Fingers crossed my figure will be fine
[emoji6]

https://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-225812-1-1.html

Here is the discussion from HK forum...those who're interested can use web translator to get an idea. If you go through the pages there are pictures. The complete arm breakage is probably not common but crack and stress marks on the plastic seem to be prevalent and that is with careful posing or even no posing at all. And honestly I have never checked the under-arm of any of my IM figures until I saw reports of issues so the problem is likely under-reported.

I just cancelled my preorder...the new ED209 dome issue was first reported in HK as well, dismissed by most on this forum including myself and we all know now that it's a real problem and not isolated incidents. HT ain't gonna fool me twice...It's so tempting to get the newest figure hoping for the best but I'm not gambling away another $300 and I have a defective $400 figure already on my shelf.

Right now I'm just going to wait and see what happens...the 42 won't sell out anytime soon so personally I'm in no rush. Hope for positive news when collectors in NA get this in-hand.

Here is the discussion from HK forum...those who're interested can use web translator to get an idea. If you go through the pages there are pictures. The complete arm breakage is probably not common but crack and stress marks on the plastic seem to be prevalent and that is with careful posing or even no posing at all. And honestly I have never checked the under-arm of any of my IM figures until I saw reports of issues so the problem is likely under-reported.

I just cancelled my preorder...the new ED209 dome issue was first reported in HK as well, dismissed by most on this forum including myself and we all know now that it's a real problem and not isolated incidents. HT ain't gonna fool me twice...It's so tempting to get the newest figure hoping for the best but I'm not gambling away another $300 and I have a defective $400 figure already on my shelf.

Right now I'm just going to wait and see what happens...the 42 won't sell out anytime soon so personally I'm in no rush. Hope for positive news when collectors in NA get this in-hand.

Yeah Im gunna pass too, maybe for the MK 43 theyll correct the issue

I agree- a few out of how many? were reported damaged...just because it's reported doesn't make it a widespread problem....

This is a fair point, the reports of issues with the MMS204 appeared much more widespread from the start, reflected a known issue with the v1 of the figure and then actually escalated with new problems of perishing gaitors.. I'm not sure the reports on the Mk42 are as widespread, that is why I am waiting for the US release.
If it is a widespread QC problem, this should be a much easier issue to take up with your retailer than MMS204, since you are not having to wait and see if the rubber perishes.. if an arm drops off from a lot of owners figures, then straight back to the retailer it goes, with links to Forums like this to demonstrate it's a QC problem.

Are the joints on Iron Patriot same as this? Anyone knows it that figure has joint problems too?

War Machine 2 and Iron Patriot apparently use a different type of shoulder joint.. so the fact those figures have not had problems, is not an 'all clear' for the Mk42

Cool ok. When mine arrives next week I'll film my findings of the joints. I do think that you just have to be careful when posing him.
Fingers crossed my figure will be fine
[emoji6]

Looking forward to that review! :rock

More reports of the arm breaking, mostly in the same area

This is definitely not an isolated incident.
A lot of different Toys Daily posters reporting damaged/broken MK42 arms said they were aware of how flimsy the shoulder joints are and were already super careful with them, yet they still managed to break it.
Though there are people who have been posing and playing around with their with no problem.
Either way... I'm very skeptical and probably won't open mine :(

I really wanted to get this figure cause it looks awesome, but i think I'll just wait for the AOU iron man, I just hope it's diecast...and FIXED! Plenty of other good stuff to pick up in the mean time, instead of a three hundred dollar bet.

Google translate was horrible for this :lol I flipped through and see the same pictures that have been posted here repeatedly. Best case scenario is that it's very fragile and now people have been warned, worst case scenario is that every figure is ****ed like Spidey was and they fix the following batches.

I'm still in. :D

Google translate was horrible for this :lol I flipped through and see the same pictures that have been posted here repeatedly. Best case scenario is that it's very fragile and now people have been warned, worst case scenario is that every figure is ****ed like Spidey was and they fix the following batches.

I'm still in. :D

I'm with you :hi5:

It's pretty much paid for with on flex payment left and I have 30 days to return it.

I am almost ready to pull the trigger on this. Well, any of the IM figures currently available. I am tempted to pick up the Python first though. Do you guys think thats the better move? Like.. based on availability and when they are expected to sell out.

I am almost ready to pull the trigger on this. Well, any of the IM figures currently available. I am tempted to pick up the Python first though. Do you guys think thats the better move? Like.. based on availability and when they are expected to sell out.

I'd probably go with Python if you're worried about it selling out.

So has anyone said what the 'technical' issue is with the arm...from the pictures I have seen the Mark 42 arm socket looks the same as both IP and WM2. Why is his cracking or splitting? Is there a difference? If this is a big defect, SSC won't have stock to exchange them all if the replacements are broken too...it will just be a vicious circle until the stock is depleted!

...And I got one coming from the store that gets things really quick...ahead of SSC...nuts...

Sorry to the Robocop fans about ED...I don't collect Robocop so I am not in their threads, but this is not the first time I have heard news come out about the canopy issue...

I hope they get the issue resolved before HT starts the Die Cast 1 - 7 suits...since apparently 2 of them are going to be up for PO soon...

Last edited:
More reports of the arm breaking, mostly in the same area

This is definitely not an isolated incident.
A lot of different Toys Daily posters reporting damaged/broken MK42 arms said they were aware of how flimsy the shoulder joints are and were already super careful with them, yet they still managed to break it.
Though there are people who have been posing and playing around with their with no problem.
Either way... I'm very skeptical and probably won't open mine :(

That's crazy. One guy said he didn't even move the arm and the joints started cracking days later. :mad: They're probably on their way over here too.

Back