Hannibal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally watched it (I hate this coming on at 10PM on Saturday nights here) and it was a great episode. I love how the mind games keep getting more and more tense. Hannibal is a freaking genius. The final dinner scene was just over the top! My compliments to the chef :lol

Oh, Doctor Chilton, how I love you and your wit and candor. "Yes, I have an agenda:living." :lol He's just such a great character.

One of the most disturbing issues on the show is how the food is presented. It's presented so artfully and then you see Hannibal using his meat grinder and then you want to wince.

Oh, I know. Its like a food network program. I don't particularly even like food in general (its just one of those things you gotta do to live :lol) and even I would be willing to try most of the things he prepares :lol You got to hand it to him, he's a great chef even if his meat preference is a little on the unorthodox side.

That's why I love special features on DVDs so much. I got to see the Chef who actually prepares the stuff talking about it, so, whenever I start to get grossed out by the idea that it isn't what Hannibal's saying it is and I find that it looks appetizing, I just snap back to reality and remember that, whatever Hannibal's saying it is is what it actually is.:lol

One of the most disturbing issues on the show is how the food is presented. It's presented so artfully and then you see Hannibal using his meat grinder and then you want to wince.

You gotta feel a little for Alana Bloom, Hannibal sent Gideon to kill her, then framed her love interest in Will, then fed her human meat, then stuffed her with his own protein, all while murdering off Abagail Hobbes, whom she had a connection with in the last season. Talk about screwing her and then "screwing her"

I'm a little put off with how they're handling Alana - she's coming off as something of an idiot and it doesn't really sync with the great writing of the other characters.

Anyone else surprised at the last episode - seems that nothing is sacred, including existing books and movies about Hannibal.

I think its leading to that moment where she realizes she was all wrong about Will and he was right about Hannibal, and right at that moment she will be on the menu.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

I'm a little put off with how they're handling Alana - she's coming off as something of an idiot and it doesn't really sync with the great writing of the other characters.

Anyone else surprised at the last episode - seems that nothing is sacred, including existing books and movies about Hannibal.

Yeah, I totally didn't see that ending coming. I thought we'd get an ironic twist there with him going to the asylum. :google

I agree completely. My wife and I are watching with open mouths as the situation with Alana unfolded. Her character is all over the place with her feelings. Also, I'm no expert but I wouldn't think someone so emotionally involved with the case, particularly now, would be sought out by the FBI anymore. And that ending, it goes against canon, which bothered me, unless they resolve it some other way that makes sense. Of course, they don't have the rights to Silence of the Lambs and have constantly complained about that, so maybe it is their way to thumb their noses at that. They've already gender-bended some characters, like Bloom and Lowndes. I would like to see the show make some sense when watching the movies afterwards though. I am afraid the show is teetering on the edge, particularly after one person after another is framed as the Ripper, etc. That can't go on forever without becoming dull.

Only just learnt that Hugh Dancy and Mads were in King Arthur together in 2004. Just watching it and Mikkleson actually says to Dancy "you should try killing you might get a taste for it". :)

Back