Hannibal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got caught up on the first 2 seasons. I thought I read somewhere online that that the creators had an outline for 7 seasons of the show? Thats if it keeps getting renewed I guess. I have a feeling 3-4 seasons would be better. It seems the show wont be able to sustain itself for too much longer. I feel its getting pretty ridiculous with a new crazy murder each episode. This show is pretty good for a network TV, which I usually cant stand. There are some lame elements that seem shoe horned in by NBC most notably the CSI team (so annoying) Mads Mikkelson however is my favorite incarnation of Hannibal...he really elevates the show with his performance. Really looking forward to the end of this season to see the end of THAT FIGHT(it was amazing)

The fact they've killed off people that haven't been killed off in the books means we can't expect anything to stay "on course." For all we know, Hannibal may never be caught. He might get away with it. We don't know the end of "that fight" yet and its possible he walks away from that one, with nobody suspecting a thing. He's already messed with their minds so much this year about whether he is the Ripper or not, I can't imagine how he'd slip up at this point. Only thing I can think of was that bullet hole in the floor. But I can't picture someone as careful as Hannibal letting that go unnoticed in his kitchen.

I don't know why all shows feel they need to last 7-8 seasons. Most "jump the shark" well before that. To sustain a good level of originality, suspense, making sure to not become self-parody, etc., I think 3-4 seasons tops for any show really.

I dunno. I do find it kind of odd now that they didn't even mention that in this last episode. Surely it would be a hot topic around the group, alive or dead. The fact he was shot in the cheek and not in the forehead or eye does leave a bit of room for them to have him alive, but headshots are pretty definitive most of the time.

For one day only, Shirtpunch has official Hannibal shirts up today: https://www.shirtpunch.com/

I quite like the "vintage" one as they are calling it. Seems to fit the tone of the show best to me. Been looking for them to put up a Hannibal shirt I liked enough and I think that one is it.

I think part of the appeal is that much the universe is unexplored.

For example, Barney's relationship with Lecter is discussed in mostly passing in SOTL, but to see it fully fleshed out on TV would be pretty interesting.

Minor characters like the firearm instructor and Starling's roommate, Ardelia Mapp, would be pretty interesting to cover and have a lot of room to operate.

The sinister Paul Krendler, how he rose to power in the FBI, another interesting possibility.

The Garrett Jacob Hobbs situation with his daughter, that was fleshed out really well.

The only pure shift from canon, AKAIK, is Beverley Katz. (I don't think Chilton is dead)

It's been awhile since I read RD, SOTL, so I am not sure as to all the characters, but I think anything Starling related is off limits. Krendler I am pretty sure is off limits and was talked about some current character being an amalgamation of him and some others. But already, as you said about the fleshing out of the Hobbs arc, I don't see the 2nd season being as strong. You can only play a game of revolving "who's in the box" with a show like this.

It's been awhile since I read RD, SOTL, so I am not sure as to all the characters, but I think anything Starling related is off limits. Krendler I am pretty sure is off limits and was talked about some current character being an amalgamation of him and some others. But already, as you said about the fleshing out of the Hobbs arc, I don't see the 2nd season being as strong. You can only play a game of revolving "who's in the box" with a show like this.

I also think the 2nd season has been weaker than the first so far. The metacritic score (not that it matters to me but I usually look at it as a general indicator of how a show is fairing) for metacritic had the 2nd season at an 88 and the 1st at a 69..idk...im just hoping they keep the quality up to the 1st season in the upcoming seasons.

Bryan Fuller Confident about a Renewal

"I hear very positive things," Fuller told Digital Spy. "All of the creatives at NBC are so supportive of the show and want it back, and the schedules and salespeople are like, 'It's a new show, get rid of it'. We are banking on the creative people winning out over the salespeople.

"The ratings are not anything to jump up and down about, but the critical acclaim is great, and we're sort of a prestige project for the network, so we're hoping that's enough, like it was last year. There have been indications that it will be."

"The confidence hasn't stopped us from seeking out backup plans that would get us a third season one way or another. There are many more options than there have been in the past. So I feel very confident about a season three.

"We end season two in such a strange way - boy, I would be pissed [if that were the end]! We don't quite land the plane, we leave the plane in the air."

I'm glad they're looking into alternative networks for renewal. Screw the NBC salespeople! Just go to FX or AMC or even USA!

This show has become my favorite--it's the one I look forward to the most this season. I'm enjoying it way more than GOT and even Breaking Bad. Besides being so well written and acted, it just has that added layer of artistry in the look and even the freaking sound design and music.

I'm glad they're looking into alternative networks for renewal. Screw the NBC salespeople! Just go to FX or AMC or even USA!

This show has become my favorite--it's the one I look forward to the most this season. I'm enjoying it way more than GOT and even Breaking Bad. Besides being so well written and acted, it just has that added layer of artistry in the look and even the freaking sound design and music.

:goodpost::lecture If NBC is too dumb to appreciate this show, and give it a proper time slot, then I hope another network jumps at the chance. Mads has become the one true Hannibal for me.

10 bucks says we get all 7 seasons. No, literally, I'm serious; 10 bucks, because, if NBC ever decides to let it go, I'm getting Netflix snatches it up in a heartbeat.

I agree. It's really the only network show I watch each week. Ironically, even my wife (who is disgusted by the movies) likes the show. ;)

The trap is set Hannibal took the bait, so its only a matter of time. Will isn't crazy and Freddie isn't dead. The whole thing is a set up to make Hannibal lower his guard and trust Will enough to slip up and give them some hard evidence. Jack is in on it as well, which is why he didn't say much in this last episode. The pig "meat" was the serial killer Will killed in self defense. Freddie will resurface in season 3 about the same time Hannibal is captured by Will. In return for going along with the ruse, she will finally get her exclusive with Will and the book will be about how he captured Hannibal the Cannibal. Book it baby!

Got my 1/6 Hannibal head in yesterday :rock Now who's working on that suit? :tap

Mine just came today!
11a8sqe.jpg

The trap is set Hannibal took the bait, so its only a matter of time. Will isn't crazy and Freddie isn't dead. The whole thing is a set up to make Hannibal lower his guard and trust Will enough to slip up and give them some hard evidence. Jack is in on it as well, which is why he didn't say much in this last episode. The pig "meat" was the serial killer Will killed in self defense. Freddie will resurface in season 3 about the same time Hannibal is captured by Will. In return for going along with the ruse, she will finally get her exclusive with Will and the book will be about how he captured Hannabil the Cannabil. Book it baby!

I totally agree with you!

Got my Hannibal sculpt in yesterday, did a repaint on the hair to add more grey and also some more shine and put a little more gloss on the eyes
uve4ute4.jpg

ymytyved.jpg

Back