1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the last flex payment date for me is july I can keep that date and contine to have the payments come out on a monthly basis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Guys are u all worried about rusting issue? How to prevent that?

Not at all. With what I did to War Machine

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...chine-Mark-2&p=6708097&viewfull=1#post6708097

It takes a significant amount of damage to get down to bare metal (ie running it over with a car, scratching it hard with a screwdriver point, etc). The primer sticks to it very well, as does the base color on the primer. The most vulnerable parts of the paint are when there is another color on top of a base color. On War Machine some parts are all grey and the silver parts are painted on top, sometimes vice versa. Its a bit easier to chip or scratch that paint off, but it again won't expose bare metal. If you make your figure do some base jumping onto pavement and then forget about it outside for many days then you may find some rust.

Prevent it like you would on a car. Try to avoid damage to the paint, if you do somehow chip all the way down to metal get some more paint to touch it up.

The faceplates on this are really wonky in the up position. I'm sure it has to do with the polarities of both magnets being so close to each other but I find it really hard to get it to stay in position straight on the head. I had the same issue with the BD Mark VII. It wants to slide left or right. Even if I get it to sit straight, the slightest bump will offset it. Not a big deal but wanted to give you guys a heads up when you get him.

Something I really do like is the ability to keep the faceplate closed on the face sculpt version. I don't use the light up features so it's nice to not have to swap heads. You just have to lift up the face plate or close it, depending on which look you like.

Someone mentioned the hip flaps being a not-so-great feature. I agree with this but I see why they did it. It does allow for a greater range of articulation. There are also flaps in the front as well that act the same way. IMO, these are even worse than the hip flaps. I didn't even realize they were there, already having War Machine, but my Patriot arrived with one of them loose in the box. Not an easy thing to put back in place. Aside from those small nits, this, like War Machine, is a really solid figure. You guys are going to be quite pleased once he's in hand.

The faceplates on this are really wonky in the up position. I'm sure it has to do with the polarities of both magnets being so close to each other but I find it really hard to get it to stay in position straight on the head. I had the same issue with the BD Mark VII. It wants to slide left or right. Even if I get it to sit straight, the slightest bump will offset it. Not a big deal but wanted to give you guys a heads up when you get him.

Something I really do like is the ability to keep the faceplate closed on the face sculpt version. I don't use the light up features so it's nice to not have to swap heads. You just have to lift up the face plate or close it, depending on which look you like.

Someone mentioned the hip flaps being a not-so-great feature. I agree with this but I see why they did it. It does allow for a greater range of articulation. There are also flaps in the front as well that act the same way. IMO, these are even worse than the hip flaps. I didn't even realize they were there, already having War Machine, but my Patriot arrived with one of them loose in the box. Not an easy thing to put back in place. Aside from those small nits, this, like War Machine, is a really solid figure. You guys are going to be quite pleased once he's in hand.

Those are the exact same things I've had a bit of trouble with & also my only nitpick about him.
One of my hip flaps came off while posing, I had a mild panic attack then proceeded to put it back in place...all good in the end but it took a bit effort lol.
But yeah he's a fantastic figure, I love him to bits, I really like the heft & the weight. I didn't have WM MK2 so it was a nice surprise for me.

Not at all. With what I did to War Machine

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...chine-Mark-2&p=6708097&viewfull=1#post6708097

It takes a significant amount of damage to get down to bare metal (ie running it over with a car, scratching it hard with a screwdriver point, etc). The primer sticks to it very well, as does the base color on the primer. The most vulnerable parts of the paint are when there is another color on top of a base color. On War Machine some parts are all grey and the silver parts are painted on top, sometimes vice versa. Its a bit easier to chip or scratch that paint off, but it again won't expose bare metal. If you make your figure do some base jumping onto pavement and then forget about it outside for many days then you may find some rust.

Prevent it like you would on a car. Try to avoid damage to the paint, if you do somehow chip all the way down to metal get some more paint to touch it up.

Thanks man! great explaination!
i take good care of my figure.
am i right to say that as long as i avoid , sunlight, mositure and heat.
the diecast figure will be fine right?

He really is one beautiful figure :inlove

image.jpgimage.jpg

Back