Statue Prime 1 studio 32" Megatron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of them apart from Starscream. Bee and Grimlock are day 1 orders unless they ask $3k for Grimlock. :lol

Why the hate on starcream??? Lol and don't worry I think grimlock wil be around the 2k mark, maybe a bit more but 2500 or less. I think anything more than that, unless its super exclusive just wouldn't sell as well.

Why the hate on starcream??? Lol and don't worry I think grimlock wil be around the 2k mark, maybe a bit more but 2500 or less. I think anything more than that, unless its super exclusive just wouldn't sell as well.

:lol I think it's super detailed but the pose looks awkward. Just something off for me and for that money i have to love it.

I hope it's not $3k or i have to run naked through the streets wearing a cape. :horror :lol

:lol I think it's super detailed but the pose looks awkward. Just something off for me and for that money i have to love it.

I hope it's not $3k or i have to run naked through the streets wearing a cape. :horror :lol

Lol actually now I want it to be that high so you will do that. But seriously there not really pricing these as much on size as they are popularity, prime is smaller than megatron, and starcream too I think, and both are cheaper, its all about what they think the masses will be willing to pay. So yeah you should be safe, but if not get that cape ready lol.

Last edited:
Yeah i think you're right. Hopefully it won't be long before we see the prices.

I've been debating buying Megatron for a while, never being as close as I am now, but it's always about trying to find $2000 value in the statue. I also wonder if it will hold its value, years from now? I've read about some QA issues like paint flaking off, the hand canon barely staying on/tipping the statue, base issues, etc., but these seem to be in the minority. For those of you who have it, has it met all of your expectations?

I've been debating buying Megatron for a while, never being as close as I am now, but it's always about trying to find $2000 value in the statue. I also wonder if it will hold its value, years from now? I've read about some QA issues like paint flaking off, the hand canon barely staying on/tipping the statue, base issues, etc., but these seem to be in the minority. For those of you who have it, has it met all of your expectations?

I was in the same boat until I found one at a decent price and I took the plunge. Don't have any regrets, even if I had paid retail. Megs is huge and very detailed....excellent statue!

RED CAPE my friend, ahahhahaa

If you are in doubt the best thing to do is see one in hand if you can and any doubt you had will be overtaken by want :lol As for value in the future I think you will be safe as it will only increase in value the more harder it is to get. Some examples are the CM predator and the original Hulk from SS.

There's really no place here that I can see one where I live, but I can get it for free. My state gives everyone a state oil dividend every year. If you have a family of ten everyone gets one. This year is supposed to be $2000 per person so that's what makes it free for me. Time to do it.

No doubt its an amazing piece but there are a few questions you really need to consider before you take the plunge. And this pretty much go for most statues/figures you buy. But in this case VERY important!

1. Do you have room??? yes this is a very, very important question because a lot of people don't really think about this one until they have it on there coffee table and realize they cant keep it there. Do you have a space for something this massive??? If you don't can you make room? And by room I mean an actual spot that can fit this bad boy for a quite a while. If you don't have you own house or your living in just one room you might have a problem. So be sure you can fit it.

2.Display, now for me, if I buy a 2k piece im gonna display it right and by right I mean having it encased in something. Ex. glass or plastic case. It pretty much goes hand in hand with #1 but its something not all collectors do but IMO should, especially on a piece like this. This guy has so many crevices and spaces that dust can easily get into and turn this thing into a complete dust magnet. Now for me, I plan on putting it in either a glass or plexy glass casing with light and possibly a 360 rotator. (yes im crazy like that lol) Yes its gonna cost me more but in the long run I will be thanking myself. Yes you can dust this guy once a week and probably get most of the dust out but are you really gonna do that every week or two??? Probably not so if you super particular like me that's another added expense of 2-500 bucks depending on how crazy you go. Again this one dosent apply to all but it is something you should think about. Also IMO not having these statues displayed correctly kinda makes the items look cheap, I see sooooo many pics of guys who have tons of figures/statues put into one tiny detof or shelf. Doing that just makes you want to eventually sell off some stuff to make everything look right. Again my .02 but again something to think about.

3. Do you like it or love it???
This is a probably the important question because if you not a hardcore fan of transformers spending 2k is a hell of a lot of money you can spend on a lot of other things. I know you said you can get this for free but you can also get 2k worth of other stuff you need for free too. If you have some other collections you like/want this would be a great time to put into that. So do you love this piece or just like it? Also note that SS is currently selling the head busts of both optimus and megatron for 160-170 bucks. You can also get the BD version of each of em too, yes its only the head and a small bust but the eyes do light up and its great way to show your love of TF without spending a fortune. Also keep in mind HT is doing a 1/6 line of the G1 TF. I have no doubt optimus is just the first of many of that line and no doubt megatron will be coming shortly after. Hell for 2k you could buy 6-7 1/6 TF lines!

As for resale value I wouldn't put too much faith in that, yes its pretty limited but how many friends do you know that would spend this kind of money on one statue/figure? Not too many so keep that in mind. Also its packed in 3 HUGE boxes that weight a lot, not to mention unless you can get a local guy or a freek to buy it from you your going to have to pay a lot in pp and ebay fees, 14% is the average. And yes it could go on the rise but this isn't optimus prime, megatron dosent have as much appeal when compared to prime. And if I remember right a store in Japan couldn't get rid of this guy and sold it for cheap, wasn't it like $600 bucks? And don't forget they gonna do megatron again as galvatron which I have no doubt prime one will eventually do too. Point is don't bet on getting all you money back on this guy, only buy him again if you LOVE HIM, don't get him for resale value.

So that being said do you have room? Can you display it correctly?? And do you love it??? Hope this helps and let us freeks know what you ended up doing.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i just got mine, and from what i can see from the pics on this thread, is that there seems to be two different positions for the left arm. In some pics the hand is barely touching the leg, and in others its about an inch away. Have you guys noticed this?

I dont know, maybe your right, but check this pic (the angle is about the same)
megatron_arm.jpg

Back