Medicom Real Action Heroes Skyward Sword Link

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ocarina of Time's Water Temple is just annoying, and can be made unbeatable if you use your keys incorrectly from what I've seen in person with friends. I might get this down the line if I ever get some of Hot Toys VGMs, and also some RAH and general 1/6th scale video game figures. Otherwise this is near the bottom of my list.

It's not possible to get stuck in the Water Temple no matter which order you unlock the doors in. It's just that the layout can be confusing and some of the keys and passages are well hidden causing many people to believe that they got stuck.

Nothing is worse than the Water Temple.

Which Water Temple? I can't remember too clearly but I think the one in Twilight Princess was also a pain. The 3DS version of Ocarina of Time made the Water Temple much more bearable since you could quick swap the Iron Boots on and off.

I hate you all for talking me into getting this figure right after I had talked myself out of it by the way. :slap

Confirmed the payment method with AmiAmi on Friday and it's already in the states now.

Yeah :lol we're just a bunch if enablers here :panic:

I'm very disappointed with the way the figure turned out. Oh well... money saved.

It's not possible to get stuck in the Water Temple no matter which order you unlock the doors in. It's just that the layout can be confusing and some of the keys and passages are well hidden causing many people to believe that they got stuck.
He had no keys left when he reached a door, and the compass showed none nearby I believe. idk for sure. I don't have a problem with the Water Temple anymore, but it does take much longer than it should

Also funny story, when my neighbor and I were younger, he could beat the Water Temple but was stuck on the Forest Temple. Conversely, I could beat the Forest Temple but was stuck on the Water Temple. We ended up helping the other out and being all "how did I not figure that out" with whatever stumped us on our respective temple :lol

Just got my Link! Haven't opened it yet, but looking at it through the window it looks great and I agree with those that say the tunic looks fine in person. Doesn't seem nearly as 'clothy' as some photos show.

Woot got mine today!! Well I don't have time or a good camera to shoot for good poses (not that I'm any good at it anyway) so I'll just jump in with some quick thoughts and point out some things that haven't been addressed:

THE FIGURE:

The joints are nice and tight. Feels quite sturdy and heavy on hand surprisingly. It comes with enough hands to adequately pose and hold all the accessories included. No action pics because I didn't bother posing properly.
JQQvpSG.jpg

Boots are like Guts' or Hot Toys Ezio's where the top part is a tube that covers ankle joints underneath. But the ankles don't really have much range of motion, just enough for you to pose.
Ye2jVqI.jpg

Link's hat isn't removable and is articulated by a joint underneath...kinda like a tail. It goes sideways too but only slightly.
fUzYxVL.jpg

XThTKVx.jpg

FACE SCULPTS & EYES:

The faces are wonderfully sculpted. Doesn't matter which direction the light comes from, Link's likeness is spot on.
mCqdo42.jpg

Medicom went with a different approach this time. Unlike Guts which featured individual eye pegs (similar to Enterbay), Link has 4 sets of eyes each looking at specific direction. They can be swapped by removing the hair piece and face (similar to some old Phicen figures?).
SfSL5HW.jpg

X7HOnNM.jpg

s2FwsEo.jpg

These crappy pics can't show them but each set of eyes has a number etched in them so you know which side is up. They also have a tiny handle behind them which is quite handy because they fit snugly.
wUUklNX.jpg

DOHahJf.jpg

ACCESSORIES: Given Link's huge arsenal of gadgets, I'm sad to see so little made it to this figure. We've got the Master Sword & Hylian Shield (duh), the Sacred Bow, and the Tough Beetle. It would be nice if they included bombs or bottles or even some rupees.

Anyway, sword and shield is standard plastic stuff you'd find in a Medicom figure. The sword is silver around the edge with a blue tint across the blade surface. This pic shows how everything fits from the hand. The "handle" on the shield shown here is actually used for attachment with the sheath. It's removed entirely and fitted with the gripping handle if you want Link to hold it.
8R6mxz7.jpg

The belts and pouches are also plastic, which works just fine. The shield and sheath are actually sculpted so not every pattern you see there are printed on.
rnNTAWQ.jpg

6XhAyhp.jpg

The Tough Beetle. Nothing much here except the bracelet has to go on Link's hand first so the Beetle would stay on.
eHO7pR0.jpg

Lz1KVJA.jpg

The bow and arrow is finely crafted. Just one arrow but it has a peg that fits into the bow. Bow isn't flexible, but the string can be held in place by the ridge at the end of the arrow. Very nice touch.
CQbdxmy.jpg

CNj9Y18.jpg

THE OUTFIT: The shirt and the chain-mail underneath and the pants are very nicely done. Think material and makes tiny wrinkles that looks appropriate on a 1/6 figure. The gauntlets are also just right.

Concerning the tunic...for those who are worried, it's not that big a deal. The only complain I have is that the material is rather thick compared to the rest of the fabrics used on this figure. This makes Link a little puffy because it's hard to make this kind of fabric sit on a 1/6 figure naturally. Lots of futzing is required to get it to look right. I personally think the sharp green is OK because Skyward Sword is a very colorful game. If this was the Twilight Princess Link, then yes this tunic would be a deal breaker. But for Skyward Sword, this tunic works just fine. Though with that said, I still prefer the prototype tunic but only because it's thinner and easier to futz.

OVERALL:

I think this is a great figure. The details that Medicom has put into this far outweighs the tunic that could have been. Besides, how many 1/6 Links are out there? It does stand out compared to the craptillion Batmans and Avengers that are going to hit stores the next few years. Oh he is also the appropriate height compared to other figures. Link isn't that tall supposedly.
hlfVd4m.jpg

SOME QUIRKY THINGS:

Did anybody else have a set of Twilight Princess's 1/6 Master Sword and Hylian Shield set by Master Replicas? They are made of mostly metal and were sold in Target for like $40 along with the soundtrack a few years back I think. Anyway here's some pics for comparison. They are quite different in size. Which one do you guys prefer? Any metallic looking ones are from Master Replica...too lazy to type out which one is which lol
PxfDDJy.jpg

zlckA8b.jpg

WzvvWoq.jpg

Thanks for reading~

TL;DR: It's good; buy now; regret later. Tunic not big enough deal to pass this up.

Thanks for the review! Nice pictures too. :duff

I'm a fan of the sword and shield that the Medicom Link comes with. Cool to see the previous 1/6 offering though. Oddly enough, I originally thought the Master Sword with Link was too big. Now I think it looks just right. The Master Replicas version looks tiny. Paired with the bigger shield they created, it looks even more odd.

Also funny story, when my neighbor and I were younger, he could beat the Water Temple but was stuck on the Forest Temple. Conversely, I could beat the Forest Temple but was stuck on the Water Temple. We ended up helping the other out and being all "how did I not figure that out" with whatever stumped us on our respective temple :lol

Ah, I miss the days of people not running to the internet for every answer and actually having to be in the same room as other people to play games together.

:(

On a side note, has this figure given anyone else a craving to play Zelda? If so, which game? For me it's Ocarina of Time.

Anyone who has the '66 Batman: Give the bomb to Link ! :lecture

I wish when you open this box, it had a speaker and played the 'DA-NA-NA-NAAAAAAAA !' music from the treasure chest :lol

I'm very disappointed with the way the figure turned out. Oh well... money saved.

Come on…reach deep into that giants wallet and make the purchase, you won't regret it :lol

Anyone who has the '66 Batman: Give the bomb to Link ! :lecture

I wish when you open this box, it had a speaker and played the 'DA-NA-NA-NAAAAAAAA !' music from the treasure chest :lol

Honestly…I made the sound myself when opening him :rotfl

On a side note, has this figure given anyone else a craving to play Zelda? If so, which game? For me it's Ocarina of Time.

Any Zelda craving for me, big or small, starts with Ocarina of Time. Though I really have a hankering to play Majora's Mask lately. It's a shame it hasn't gotten a wide rerelease yet (aside from a measly download for 3DS).

I can't speak for anyone else, and maybe it's just the time period I grew up in, but I fell out of love with Zelda after Wind Waker. The seafaring was annoying, but the cool graphics (for the time) made up for it. I didn't care for Twilight Princess. If I'm playing Zelda, I want to be Link, not forced into being a wolf. Meh. I never played Skyward Sword - not enough time for sit-down-at-home games I can't take on the road anymore - but it sounds like it was more of a step back in the right direction.

Woohoo! My Link arrived at my local post office this morning! Knowing my post-man though, even if it goes out for delivery I'll only find a notice at my door.

Come on…reach deep into that giants wallet and make the purchase, you won't regret it :lol

I have a tendency to do that when opening figures. It's almost like an involuntary reflex. :lol

Anyone who has the '66 Batman: Give the bomb to Link !
good idea!!

Hahah me tooooo glad to know I wasn't the only one

Both my fiance and I did it when I took the box out of the shipping package. Sang a few more bars even... Lol what's wrong with all of us?
I think we are all crazy. Had I not been at the office at the time, I would have totally over-acted the way I opened the package and hold the figure straight over my head as soon as I pull it out with a thought bubble "You've obtained a Link figure!" and people around me would go "wow such dork"

Back