Escape From New York Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Escape%2Bfrom%2BNew%2BYork%2B1.jpg

"Everybody knows the Duke's got him.
You don't have to put a gun to my head! I'll tell ya . . ."

escape-from-new-york-frank-doubleday-isaace-hayes-1.jpg

Hayes LIVETH!

Does anyone think a remake would attempt to work this iconic image (which never appears anywhere in the original) into the actual film?

escape-new-york-header-560x359.jpg

(Planet Of The Apes meets Thundarr The Barbarian
Starring S.D. Plissken Lieutenant, Special Forces unit Black Light.)

The Gullfire's waiting . . .

:snake

That image unfortunately reminds me now of Cloverfield...lol

https://screenrant.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-charlie-hunnam/

''STARLOG is reporting that a source close to the production of Escape from New York has revealed three actors that Silver Pictures have on their shortlist: Charlie Hunnam (Pacific Rim), Jon Bernthal (The Walking Dead), and Dan Stevens (The Guest). While none of the three have read for the role, Hunnam is apparently the top choice now that Sons of Anarchy is finished. However, his commitment to Pacific Rim 2 (and possibly also King Arthur) may make him unavailable to take the role.''

“Plissken’s team consists of Mina, a warzone journalist framed for murder and living in the shadows of New York as a scavenger; Cabbie, a schizophrenic travel guide who serves as comic relief; Gareth, the last surviving member of the President’s security detail who harbors a dangerous secret; and The Brain, Plissken’s former partner-in-crime who left him to die after a botched robbery.”

Not sure how I feel about it. It appears they're trying to keep it more or less close to the original... but in even doing that... why even bother? I don't want it remade, I'd rather them do a sequel like with Mad Max instead of re-digging up the original's plot.

Last edited:
How can they recreate an iconic scene with Snake crashlanding the glider on top of the WTC? A prequel might be the best route, seeing just how S.D. Bob Plissken got such a reputation and of course the mission to Leningrad, may be hr could assassinate Vladimir Putin :lol

Damn... I gotta admit that the Apes remakes were great. I would see it but for now it bothers me just a little. Simple story if you really thing about it. It's just a classic piece in my book

Back