Escape From New York Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nam, you may have a future as a casting agent. :D Wildman Jackman really gives me a new perspective on this character, gotta say the more I think of it, the more I like it.

Or Camden :lol

I had the unpleasure of driving through there last week, it looks like the burnt out rubble seen in the T2 future war scenes.

Detroit is the optimal spot, but no island then, just a big wall. Still could work, maybe the military blew out the ground to make a moat :dunno

Wouldn't have to dress the sets for Detroit. It already looks like Carpenter's NY. :lol

Nam, you may have a future as a casting agent. :D Wildman Jackman really gives me a new perspective on this character, gotta say the more I think of it, the more I like it.

I'd fail miserably. My ideas make waaaaaaay too much sense for Hollywood. :lecture

Wouldn't have to dress the sets for Detroit. It already looks like Carpenter's NY. :lol

I think they bulldozed the outer areas of the city since so many houses were abandoned. I think I read a story that a lot of the city didn't even have electricity, that's ****ing scary :lol

They have to have something that sets off the police militarization.
Given Putin's current standing, WW3 with the Russians seems just as relevant.
US failed to take over Crimea.
Without such an important strategic advantage no West nation would dare to even think about the war for decades.
So no, it wouldn't be relevant. Especially considering that no Watergate-like case took place since 70s.

. . .

Or do Americans hate Obama that much? :lol

Not racist whatsoever, if they want to do that with characters known for years as one race...
Go making another ****ing movie then.
:exactly:

Pretty much why "RubberCop" sucks. If it's wasn't simple criminal drama or comic book and you don't want to just update the same formula for modern audience to appreciate the source material then don't ****ing touch it.

:exactly:

Pretty much why "RubberCop" sucks. If it's wasn't simple criminal drama or comic book and you don't want to just update the same formula for modern audience to appreciate the source material then don't ****ing touch it.

I still need to watch that bull ****.

I think a main thing is the guy just has to look kind of craggy and war-beaten. An experienced soldier not some hollywood hearthrob.
Pretty much why I was thinking about Taylor Kitsch - he played a lot of military.
Also he's in early 30s like Russell was in 1980 and his voice is freaking badass in John Carter.

I think the guy from the Hobbit movies would be pretty good.....don't recall his name (or that of his character for that matter - sorry), the boatman.

Easy sell as a modern day update of Snake Plissken:

les-miserables-valjean-convict.jpg

Plus you get the added bonus of a critically acclaimed actor to add tons of cred to the reboot.

I've never seen him like this, looks a bit like IM3 Mandarin. :lol

Yeah, doesn't he look like he could be a fill in for Trevor? His face looks sunken.

Nah, Trevor had an air of comedy about him, a suave ********* so to speak. Jackman's Valjean looks like he'd kick your teeth so far down your throat you'd have to pop a toothbrush up your poochute to brush your teeth. :lol

A pretty good choice. He does have a Eastwood look about him. I would see him in a Dirty Harry flick.

I was just talking to Pixy about that last week. He'd make a perfect candidate for a Dirty Harry reboot, too. The Eastwood resemblance is what sold me on him playing Wolverine because Teixeira used to draw Logan as Eastwood for his run on The Wolverine.

I was just talking to Pixy about that last week. He'd make a perfect candidate for a Dirty Harry reboot, too. The Eastwood resemblance is what sold me on him playing Wolverine because Teixeira used to draw Logan as Eastwood for his run on The Wolverine.

Yup. Perfect.

Didn't they already remake this film? It was called Lockout, it used pretty much the same story as EfNY, but at least it changed the setting and Guy Pearce was a blast as an unofficial Snake Plissken. In many ways it was like a sequel to Carpenter's films.

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=lockout trailer&sm=1

Yea, that was pretty much Escape from Earth. Pearce was a smart ass Snake. I liked it. And hard to believe it was made on it's low budget.

Back