Escape From New York Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie Hunnam has the look, and since playing Snake Plissken doesn’t require much acting chops at all, I think he could be a decent pick.

I get the feeling this will be a Superman Returns deal, that whoever gets the part will be doing an impression of Kurt.

I don't even know how you'd do a modern Escape from New York. It made sense back in the early 80's because the New York of that era was a hell hole, and you could imagine it degrading to the point that they would just wall it off. It's hard to imagine the NY of today becoming walled off as a prison, some place like Detroit makes more sense now.

So that's their short list of actors for Snake? What a joke.

Either of the Hemsworth bros I could see doing this. Dye the hair darker and a little extra working out for Liam

He probably won't even smoke in this bull ****, it will be those stupid electronic cigarettes.

:rotfl you are absolutely right, he probably won't.

this will probably be like the new Robocop.

Can you imagine Shane with long hair? I don't think the hair is even on the radar for the people making this.

I think all they'll do is slap an eye patch on him. Maybe a leather jacket but not the same kind.

Long hair is a thing of the past, plus Bernthal has curly hair so it wouldn't look right. And, I don't think he has the face of someone that could play Snake. It's got to be someone that's very much in vein of a young Kurt Russell. The SOA guy is okay I guess... but I'm sure they could do much better than what they've said.

Back