Escape From New York Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was their casting director Taylor Kitsch would be #1 in my list.

I think you're on to something. I definitely see a resemblance to young Kurt in him.

Found this :lol

DW2mcnD.jpg

Long hair is a thing of the past, plus Bernthal has curly hair so it wouldn't look right. And, I don't think he has the face of someone that could play Snake. It's got to be someone that's very much in vein of a young Kurt Russell. The SOA guy is okay I guess... but I'm sure they could do much better than what they've said.

Well Thor and Loki had long hair.

But then again that was Marvel and Marvel doesn't give a --- what Hollywood Thinks and they kind of do their own thing... I guess you are right, Long hair on heroes is a thing of the past, I can't think of any other hero with long hairs or mullets.

Well Thor and Loki had long hair.

But then again that was Marvel and Marvel doesn't give a --- what Hollywood Thinks and they kind of do their own thing... I guess you are right, Long hair on heroes is a thing of the past, I can't think of any other hero with long hairs or mullets.

The point of it is to be physically different in appearance than the norm. What kind of "rebel" is Snake if he looks like everyone else? :dunno

Bingo. He smoked. No one else did.(it's illegal in his U.S.) He had long hair. No one else did. He didn't follow any of the system's rules.

Besides, Hunnam has long hair often. and Kitsch.

so what should he look like now??? (serious question)

what is a rebel look for today???

The point of it is to be physically different in appearance than the norm. What kind of "rebel" is Snake if he looks like everyone else? :dunno

Bingo. He smoked. No one else did.(it's illegal in his U.S.) He had long hair. No one else did. He didn't follow any of the system's rules.

Besides, Hunnam has long hair often. and Kitsch.

Correctomundo.

what is a rebel look for today???

It doesn't matter. His world is a sci-fi post WW3 U.S. that has done away with sex, red meat, and smoking etc.

No reason he shouldn't look the same. He's a fugitive most of the time. Long hair and a beard fit fine.

I wonder if they will even keep WWIII in the plot. Maybe this time around we'll actually have the bank robbery scene in the main film and see when he's captured.

They have to have something that sets off the police militarization. Given Putin's current standing, WW3 with the Russians seems just as relevant.

Good point. Whatever comes of this, I want them to focus on ONE film... and not worry about filling a trilogy. I don't mind sequels, if this is serviceable... but so many films seem doomed from the get go because these projects are designed as such.

Is it really that important if the actor emulates the look? I was thinking it would be great if they brought in somebody who might make the character their own, we've already seen Russel's Snake, so why not move as far away from that version of the character as possible?

if it were 10 years ago I might even nominate Denzel (Training Day) Washington, but I just want someone who wont make me think they are just trying to act or look like Russel throughout the film.

Well... I think either way people won't be happy whichever way they take it. Snake isn't Batman, that has had multiple actors play him. We've only got one Snake, and they're keeping it the same plot more or less from EFNY... so I don't see why they would make Snake a completely different persona. Besides, Kurt's portrayal is the contrast to the current police state of the United States, making him something different than that defeats the purpose.

Well... I think either way people won't be happy whichever way they take it. Snake isn't Batman, that has had multiple actors play him. We've only got one Snake, and they're keeping it the same plot more or less from EFNY... so I don't see why they would make Snake a completely different persona. Besides, Kurt's portrayal is the contrast to the current police state of the world, making him something different than that defeats the purpose.

He can be physically different, have a different personality but still be a "bad ass".

Not like I'm nominating Tobey MaGuire for the role.

Edit- Just made myself start laughing uncontrollably at the thought of Maguire, wish I was good enough at Photoshop to insert the bad Tobey from Spiderman 3 on to your signature clip.

He can be physically different, have a different personality but still be a "bad ass".

Not like I'm nominating Tobey MaGuire for the role.

Edit- Just made myself start laughing uncontrollably at the thought of Maguire, wish I was good enough at Photoshop to insert the bad Tobey from Spiderman 3 on to your signature clip.

I guess as long as he has that pessimistic attitude and smokes, I'll be happy for the most part.

Is it really that important if the actor emulates the look? I was thinking it would be great if they brought in somebody who might make the character their own, we've already seen Russel's Snake, so why not move as far away from that version of the character as possible?

if it were 10 years ago I might even nominate Denzel (Training Day) Washington, but I just want someone who wont make me think they are just trying to act or look like Russel throughout the film.

Absolutely. You see him and you know, just by looking at him, he's against everything that the government stands for. That's precisely what defines the character.

Back