NECA - ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This!!! BADASS!!!

Thank you buddy.

Great set of pics my man! He's great looking isn't he?

Are you getting the HT one as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep NECA did him proud.

I'm getting Robo and his Chair but due to space I'm going to have to pass on HT's version but having this NECA one lightens the blow for sure.

I picked up little Ed over the weekend. I have to say, this is the first NECA figure I ever purchased and surprisingly blown away by this little guy. It is really a great piece. For the price, it's detail and articulation are quite good. A couple outside shots. Going to paint the panel lines to pop more detail, give me something to do while I wait for "Big Ed" to get here the end of the month.

I was a little harsh in my initial review of this guy. Just couldn't get over the hollow and brittle feel to the plastic. I was expecting something more substantial.

Well needless to say, the bad-ass mo-fo has grown on me. He just looks so awesome on my shelf...a dream come true!

I was also reluctant to give the NECA Robo figure a chance, cause the McF was always one of my favorites. I refused to believe reviews when people said it was a better product than McF's. Pshaw I say. McF's Robo was the best RoboCop ever done at the time....I loved that thing.

But again...once I got the spring-loaded Neca figure, I had to eat my words. It's not perfect...it definitely needs a paint wash to bring out the details but I'm not brave enough to attempt it at all. But the pair just look so incredibly awesome on my shelf. These are the toys I've been pining for since summer 1987 and now they are a reality. Kids of the 80s...don't we live in just the most glorious time imaginable???

(We're almost there....NECA needs to deliver a downscaled BD Murphy like HT just did.....and if we really wanna go nuts, a RoboCain...then we will truly achieve nirvana...)

BUT....I still have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for old McF Robo. He's in a box with some other beloved toys in the closet of my parents' house on the other side of the world. But I really wanna see pics of him and ED facing off.

Please forgive me if this has been done before, but anyone have pics of McF Robo and NECA ED together? I'd love to see it!!

Thanks!!!!

I was dusting my shelf today and pushed the button on ED for his sounds. It might have been my imagination, but it sounded ever so slightly slower than it should be. As if the batteries were dying. Well, they've been in there for two years.

I never use the sound feature anyway, so I decided to remove them. Getting a screwdriver into place was a little tricky, but I got the batteries out. Three button batteries. Just figured it's better to take them out than to risk them leaking and ruining stuff over time.

So if you have this toy maybe you should check on it, if you haven't pressed the button in a while...just a heads up!

My local comic book store had this guy for 48$, so had to get him. I quite like it, and it saves me from wanting to get the Hot Toys version.

edjeje.jpg

This is better than the Ht version:

Cheaper
Won't rot to hell
Looks GREAT
Accurate sounds (if you are into that)
Space isn't an issue.

I prefer my NECA Powerloader to the Hot Toys one easily. The only thing the Hot Toys Loader has over it is the light feature, everything else NECA beats it on. And although it's not a NECA and Hot Toys comparison I prefer my smaller scale Maisto Harley Davidson Fatboy to my 1:6 scale Tamiya version.

ED-209, well, Hot Toys wins on articulation and moving parts pretty easily. But I prefer the deeper mouth section on the NECA version, the sounds and the fact I don't have to worry about a very visible part of it rotting away.

Back