Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, why'd they have to sew his cape onto his chest armor? those blaring holes are ugly as sin. I think that's actually bothering me more than the funky helmet. It's a shame this figure isn't up to the standards of the other imperials so far in the line, really hoping for a redo someday

I have to agree Reefer Shark. :exactly: Hmmm I never saw Vader in any one of the films have a cape like that. :wink1:

Also what's with the inner robes? Looks like a custom made by me, using a dull pair of scissors. :slap

Finally..FINALLY found a stormtrooper.. at a little toy store in a flea market of all places.. did a little negotiating and got him for a cool $20 bill. Mint in package.

I liked the 6" figures for a scale change, but I have no desirable way to display them with all the 1/6 figs I have. I threw the ones I have in the sale section.

I would have bitten on Jabba but the pack of a throne makes me not have much interest in him.

If Hasbro made the most perfect 6" Vader, they would put themselves out of business. If anything it was probably deliberately planned to make him slightly off so they can make variants and tweak the sculpt (while breaking something else) so they can release 3-4 versions of him that's kinda sorta accurate.

I call absolute B.S. on this. If anything Hasbro would sculpt the best Vader they could to re-use the mold again and again. Instead, they'll just keep re-using this crappy Derpa Vader mold again and again.

Finally..FINALLY found a stormtrooper.. at a little toy store in a flea market of all places.. did a little negotiating and got him for a cool $20 bill. Mint in package.

I found a stromtrooper in walmart, along with bespin Luke, xwing Luke, Obi Wan aotc, and Han Solo. Checked another walmart and found another stormtrooper, bespin Luke, and Han. These walmarts had nothing last weekend.

I have to agree Reefer Shark. :exactly: Hmmm I never saw Vader in any one of the films have a cape like that. :wink1:
Also what's with the inner robes? Looks like a custom made by me, using a dull pair of scissors. :slap

hah yeah, I think I could actually do a better job, and I have no skills lol

Unfortunately, with Disney now running the show I'm sure we'll get our fill of the Dark Lord, don't be surprised if he even grows giant mouse ears. :( Blah

Sad to say, i would be tempted to buy that still as stupid as it is. I actually like the sculpt on most of this figure honestly, just that helmet and cape are effed up and that's two of the most important parts about him.

An update on the Walgreens Exclusive figs: Found out about the early release on Sunday, and started using the WIC # 352867 first reported on RebelScum forums that ties to the Black Series packages the Walgreens will be receiving.

I was visiting family in the Ann Arbor, MI area and went to two Walgreens to see if they had any in stock, but neither of those stores had the new figures delivered yet. I came back to the Cleveland, OH area this afternoon and I have two Walgreens within a 5 mile radius - 1 of them didn't have anything at all, even after I gave the WIC #.

Second Cleveland-area Walgreens: went in, searched the toy aisle and nothing found in stock. Same old situation. Almost gave up and walked out of the store, but I was lucky enough to run into the store manager on my way out and I asked her about the figures. I gave her the WIC #, she looked the number up in their scanner, and lo and behold they had a box (and they had it in the back for 14 days!). The box contained one Chewie, one Sandtrooper, and the one I was looking for - the Prototype Boba Fett. Bought the Fett, and here he is. Add Ohio to the list of states that could potentially have these in stock.
boba.jpg

^^^

Nice find. I spent all day Saturday driving a good 12 mile radius looking for anything in my area (East Bay Nor. Cal - about six stores) and came up with nothing. But I didn't have the WIC#, so I'm wondering if I should do it all again tomorrow (maybe I can just call them up cuz it takes a good 2.5 hours to get to those six stores)

Nice find. I spent all day Saturday driving a good 12 mile radius looking for anything in my area (East Bay Nor. Cal - about six stores) and came up with nothing. But I didn't have the WIC#, so I'm wondering if I should do it all again tomorrow (maybe I can just call them up cuz it takes a good 2.5 hours to get to those six stores)

I think calling them up first will work fine. Just give them that WIC to look up and they'll let you know if they have the boxes in the back room or not. A lot of the stores I called around in Michigan and Ohio said they were getting more shipments this Friday/Saturday of this week so they may not arrive until then, but since you're in CA the shipment dates might be different. I'd ask them about those dates as well.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Saw 2 Vaders at 1 of 3 walgreens I went to. Nothing else at the one and nothing at all at the other 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You saw Vader in stores already!?

Yes and gave into my hate
c68c9969b43ae5a74646d099a6c94710.jpg

It has issues for sure but I like it overall and getting another for Jedi Luke to battle , lol.
The cape is pretty nice and even has like 2 weighted parts to it. Looks like 2 triangles with a Velcro feel. It's odd. Anyone notice it ?

I was skeptical, but I had to get Chewy upon seeing him in person. He turned out fantastic in my book. I think he's the rockstar in this group.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Not without issues but worth $20 nowadays. Fun figure for sure.

Yes and gave into my hate
c68c9969b43ae5a74646d099a6c94710.jpg

It has issues for sure but I like it overall and getting another for Jedi Luke to battle , lol.
The cape is pretty nice and even has like 2 weighted parts to it. Looks like 2 triangles with a Velcro feel. It's odd. Anyone notice it ?

What are those stands that you're using?

Back