Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, another new 6" Black Series review, this time the Clone Trooper. Not a bad figure at all! Hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and comment with your own thoughts! :)

Ugh is the 6" Jedi Luke going to really look like that. :slap

Why can't it have a vest or ungloved hand

Hey, you know it was gonna be that way from the beginning. It allows Hasbro to release a Jabba's Palace Luke later on. This 6" line is just gonna be a redo of the 4" line... just 2" taller.

You can tell yourself that but initially this line showed promise of being a lot better than any 33/4 figure I've ever laid eyes on.

On average, it still is better than the marvel legends imo, of which I've ZERO regret completely selling off my collection and quitting that whole line. I just wish they hadn't ****ed up Vader's helmet size by making it removable instead of a separate swap head. If they'd done that, I'd just buy the armoured characters + Maul, Han , Chewie and a passable Luke.

Effed up they stopped metalling the sabers.

SAM_2282.jpg

You can tell yourself that but initially this line showed promise of being a lot better than any 33/4 figure I've ever laid eyes on.

On average, it still is better than the marvel legends imo, of which I've ZERO regret completely selling off my collection and quitting that whole line. I just wish they hadn't ****ed up Vader's helmet size by making it removable instead of a separate swap head. If they'd done that, I'd just buy the armoured characters + Maul, Han , Chewie and a passable Luke.

Effed up they stopped metalling the sabers.

I just thought the 6" X-wing Luke was great, I haven't seen the 6" Bespin Luke in person yet but it looks decent. Why did they get sloppy with one of the best Luke personas in the SW universe in Jedi Luke :gah:

Hopefully in hand will look better or at least in the store.

Sadly, I quit the line also. I had ordered the Anakin wave from EE and cancelled. I planned on collecting them all but realize how bad they are getting. Id rather pool money together to buy substantial figures from Sideshow. Just scored my Maul mythos and Vader mythos on order.

Im disappointed how fast the Hasbro quality went down from wave 1.

I may pick up Chewy..thats if he's on the peg and Im going through the checkout already.

Definitely getting Chewie, at least 2 Stormies, and a Biker Scout. I wish we would get some classic aliens like Walrus Man and Hammerhead.

Vader is disgusting. I'll spend the extra $ and get the Mafex Vader to fill the spot. I don't really care if the scale is slightly off, that thing is awful.

Never ditching my two sandies, han and chewie though. Those four, even if tht's all I have, are nice little shelf embelishments.

The sandtroopers are amazing. The new black pauldron Sandies have a higher, "move along" brow and sharper paint apps, better weathering from what I've seen so far, BTW. Instant classics.

With the looks of the Vader and Luke I am not getting a warm-fuzzy about this line anymore. Also with never having found a Stormtrooper and the price of the Speeder Bike. I think I may just keep the 5 that I have and forget about the rest.

Ok, just need need some validation here that I'm not a complete idiot for spending $20 on another Han, but I came across one the other day at TRU that had perfect paint apps (IMO) and thought to myself, wow, I should have waited on picking him up (who knew he would be such a peg warmer?) instead of buying the first one I saw. Anyway, I left him on the pegs but he haunted my thoughts and dreams...and so, when I was driving by TRU today I told myself, if that same figure was there, I would buy him. Fortune smiled upon me, there were about 6 or 7 Hans there with pretty spotty paint work (some of the worst I have seen actually) but, tucked amongst them was the same one I had seen the other day! I'm happy to own a much better representation of my favorite SW character. I half contemplated boxing up my old Han and returning him for a refund, but my moral compass wouldn't point that way. I decided I could just have a smuggler Han and a Death Star Escape Han (with questionable eyebrows and Marty Feldman eyes):

IMAG02262.jpg

IMAG02283.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG02262.jpg
    IMAG02262.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 350
Agreed. Han is great figure...

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 344
Out of the 3 I have opened: Han, Sandtrooper, Bespin Luke, I will say that Han is my favorite. Heck I even posed him in my Neca Gorilla Soldier shots! Don't get me wrong, the Sandtroopers are cool, but come on, It's Han! He has the best articulation of the bunch...A long time ago, In a galaxy far far away.

The sandtroopers are amazing. The new black pauldron Sandies have a higher, "move along" brow and sharper paint apps, better weathering from what I've seen so far, BTW. Instant classics.
Yeah, the Sandies are the only ones I regret not pouncing on so far.

The rest - apart from Greedo & possibly pilot Luke, are pretty damn meh. :lol

Yeah, the Sandies are the only ones I regret not pouncing on so far.

The rest - apart from Greedo & possibly pilot Luke, are pretty damn meh. :lol

Pilot Luke is a great figure...particularly some of the earlier releases before QC went haywire. That being said, I'd prefer Snowspeeder Pilot Luke for AT-AT control.

Back