Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd honestly be fine with either Hardy or Evans, adored Evans as Bard the Bowman and Hardy has shown himself to be a more than capable actor time and time again, from Bronson to Locke, he's got range and undeniable talent. There was a comparison to Hardy and Wahlberg earlier? :lol
Wahlberg's had his good roles but he plays a similar character in each and every film.

Terrible choice, Phoenix. I'd much rather see Evans. Matt Bomer would work too, but Evans seems to be more the right age.

I'd honestly be fine with either Hardy or Evans, adored Evans as Bard the Bowman and Hardy has shown himself to be a more than capable actor time and time again, from Bronson to Locke, he's got range and undeniable talent. There was a comparison to Hardy and Wahlberg earlier? :lol
Wahlberg's had his good roles but he plays a similar character in each and every film.

Agreed, they’re not on the same level.

I’d love Joaquin Phoenix as Doctor Strange, the guy is easily one of the best actors working today. Having one of my favorite actors playing one of my favorite superheroes of all time would be a dream come true.

I don't think Phoenix can be even considered, he's not into big pictures since "Gladiator".
Most likely just Marvel making some noise.

Phoenix is a good actor. I would be concerned most about his temperament. He kind of went off the rails there for awhile. What if he did a great job in the first Doctor Strange and then balked at sequels or crossovers?

Luke Evans would be perfect. He seems to be the first actor on all the lists that impresses me enough to be Strange.

If Phoenix gets to be Strange, we're in for a wild ride. :lol I'd prefer someone a bit more grounded.

Well, Marvel needed a recognizable name to anchor Phase 3 with RDJ no longer doing solos, guess they're close to having that. Phoenix is no Leo/Pitt type A-lister box office draw, but people know him and he's a legit actor.

JP is talented and can do this role for sure but my main concern is another contract dispute due to creative control. Could brew into another Ed Norton debacle for future sequels.

Well, Marvel needed a recognizable name to anchor Phase 3 with RDJ no longer doing solos, guess they're close to having that. Phoenix is no Leo/Pitt type A-lister box office draw, but people know him and he's a legit actor.

JP is talented and can do this role for sure but my main concern is another contract dispute due to creative control. Could brew into another Ed Norton debacle for future sequels.

I think Guardians proved that's no longer the case. Audiences see MARVEL STUDIOS slapped on something, and their butts will be in the theater no matter what the film is about or who is in it.

Best news I heard all day, Phoenix is one of the best actors working today, and Doctor Strange is in my top 3 favorite superheroes of all time. Now give me a Submariner movie dammit!!!

I think Phoenix is a great actor, but I am just not sure I can see him as Strange. It's tough for me to see him yell phrases like "By the eye of Agamotto!"

I can actually imagine him in that role pretty easily, but as a pretty weighty, dramatic take on the guy. Maybe the Marvel Studios Universe can use someone like that, though. Seems like the majority of their characters are fun-loving pseudo-comedians, or meatheads we are supposed to laugh at like they've made Hulk and Drax.

Back