The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. I didn't see the EE till the end of last year.

I meant that you heard about it right away and knew it was coming. I only bought two copies of it so far. The special set with the bookends and the Target one with the Lego Legolas. I have 4 copies of the first one. :lol

Yeah, the EE should be out around Oct/Nov as usual. I'd expect more material added to this than AUJ. All I know is I will be camping out for the Hobbit panel at comic-con once again.

*pokes Josh with a small stick*

Having never read the books, how did Smaug bring Saurons eye into the ring…, obviously when he said precious but I'm puzzled with how the eye magically finds it. Why for so long was the ring just a dreamy area with it on. As Bilbo could more or less wear it for ages and Sauron didn't seem to know it was on.

I meant that you heard about it right away and knew it was coming. I only bought two copies of it so far. The special set with the bookends and the Target one with the Lego Legolas. I have 4 copies of the first one. :lol

Ween, barely resisted buying that bookend set today, whats your thoughts on it? Do all the discs make it worthwhile? I got the Lego edition this mroning and am trying to convince myself I need to go back tomorrow and grab the bookend edition.

*pokes Josh with a small stick*

Having never read the books, how did Smaug bring Saurons eye into the ring…, obviously when he said precious but I'm puzzled with how the eye magically finds it. Why for so long was the ring just a dreamy area with it on. As Bilbo could more or less wear it for ages and Sauron didn't seem to know it was on.

That little bit isn't in the book. It's not really so much the eye finding it because it didn't but more Smaug sense something is different about this ring. That was just showing it's something special.

Interesting. So now he wont be able to wear the ring anymore for more than 5 seconds just like Lord of the Rings as the eye will see him.

Though I loved all the darker atmosphere in this film. The dark shadows of Necromancer/Sauron and the flashy build up. It was so fascinating. I truly loved how dark this film was, as in that chilling experience of a magical universe. Dark as in you don't know what else was lurking and about to show itself. Creepy good.

Shadow detail was so amazing in this film. I've always loved that low lit warm cosy feeling from all the places like Bree/The Prancing Pony and such. Like it was Sherlock Homes or something but magical.

Though to be honest, this was the kind of chilling darkness I was expecting from Lord of the Rings when it came out. It kind of causes Lord of the Rings not to feel as evil. Fellowship did have that magical wizardry feel but not as dark as this film as everything is starting to be unleashed.

Interesting. So now he wont be able to wear the ring anymore for more than 5 seconds just like Lord of the Rings as the eye will see him.

Though I loved all the darker atmosphere in this film. The dark shadows of Necromancer/Sauron and the flashy build up. It was so fascinating. I truly loved how dark this film was, as in that chilling experience of a magical universe. Dark as in you don't know what else was lurking and about to show itself. Creepy good.

Shadow detail was so amazing in this film. I've always loved that low lit warm cosy feeling from all the places like Bree/The Prancing Pony and such. Like it was Sherlock Homes or something but magical.

Though to be honest, this was the kind of chilling darkness I was expecting from Lord of the Rings when it came out. It kind of causes Lord of the Rings not to feel as evil. Fellowship did have that magical wizardry feel but not as dark as this film as everything is starting to be unleashed.

No not at all. Sauron isn't strong enough yet to sense the ring and isn't actively looking for it. It was just a plot device to show why Smaug could sense something special about the ring. As far as Fellowship being dark it is for part of it but most of it should be bright like AUJ because the darkness hasn't hit yet.

Thing is, I found Return of the King not as dark spirited as the Fellowship compared to Desolation of Smaug. Plus The Two Towers always gave me a Viking vibe until Helms Deep.

Interesting. I always found ROTK to be the darkest of that trilogy. You're at the edge of one wrong decision ending the world. DOS is dark as it should be and TABA should be the darkest before lightning up at the end.

Happy Easter to all my Preciouses Freaks!

10264828_700643766662777_2910677168771787708_n.jpg

Back