Escape From Tomorrow. Surreal indie satire filmed guerrilla-style at Disney World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 15 minutes of the film has been trimmed for the October release. Whether that edit is for better pacing or to avoid legal issues is not known.

I doubt it's legal reasons. They broke no law. People film in Disney all the time. Why not make a movie inside it?

I doubt it's legal reasons. They broke no law. People film in Disney all the time. Why not make a movie inside it?

I don't know. This being a movie getting a release and maybe making money from it, I don't know if they are allowed or not.

But something tells me it is something they shouldn't let you do? It is private property even if you go there on vacation.

But if it is getting released then that means Disney can't do anything about it? I don't know, it is too confusing.

It's being released. No one is going to pull it, and any issue Disney had, they dealt with. I don't think they just ignored Disney.

I remember seeing something about this while I was down in bed after surgery. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it but Disney's in on it in someway.

I just finished this. Holy ****. I'm going to try and watch it a few more times before I really delve into all details...but man, what a ride.

First off, if you're ever been to Disney World (not Disney Land), this movie just reminds you why you secretly hate that place. I remember going as a kid, and loving it for a bit...then feeling uneasy, and then going as an adolescence, and the whole place made me feel so uneasy. It's a strange place at it's core. It's "happy". But what I love about the film is it's contrast with the "happy" and the real life. There's an interesting moment near the end that juxtaposes something quite horrible with the joy and happiness of the park. It's really well done, and hits the point home.

Visually, the film is amazing to look at. I've always loved black and white when it's done like this. It's stark, contrasty, and just gives you this great contrast to what's happening. Done for probably logical reasons due to filming guerrilla style, it was probably way for it to look.

The acting is quite fantastic. Especially considering how the filmed it. The actor who played Jim did a hell of a job. I felt so much for that dude. Even though he was a bit of a man child. His wife was a nagging ****, but I'm still trying to think is it because she's a controlling person? Or that she has to deal with 2 kids, plus her husband, who's basically a kid? Not sure. Will be something to look for.

The film gets incredibly trippy. So be ready.

Now, lets talk about the **** everyone wants to hear. When they get onto the rides, they take out all the ride audio and replace it with their own. So during "It's a Small World" they play some vague "Smallworld" like song over that scene.
I heard the park names, and the word Disney once. But they bleeped it the second time, and put black bars over some of the logo's.

They also shot some select scenes in front of a green screen, which, while a bit obvious, I was OK with it, considering the circumstances. And usually those scenes involved dialog scenes and perhaps some pickup shots.

So all in all, like someone said, a film that shouldn't exist in any way shape or form, actually exists, and is ****ing fascinating. I recommend it. But only if you're open too it.

Back