Statue Ares God of War Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow already has it up:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/ares-the-god-of-war-arh-studios-902156/

902156-ares-the-god-of-war-001.jpg

Alex, what's the difference between ssc version and arh website exclusive, what's included vs missing? Thx

Hey Averone sideshow shows 24.5" to the end of spear,but on the pictures you showed it goes 24.5" to the head.Which one is correct?

Hey Averone sideshow shows 24.5" to the end of spear,but on the pictures you showed it goes 24.5" to the head.Which one is correct?

I would go with our info
I wish I had the statue here but its not longer with us. The spear always adds a few inches.

Thanks I'm already preparing his spot.

Me too! It was my project and so happy I invested in it.
Wait till you see Hades! I am more eager to see him now then ever.
Next year will be even better.

Zeus, we are getting better and better each year, the sculpts are real nice this time around.

Well i have invested already in all the greek gods and heroes.And i heard Leonidas the 1/6 scale museum pose will become 1/4 scale also.

after long consideration i have decided to pass of this statue. really don't like the red armor at all. i love the sculpt but the paint just ruined it for me.

if there is ever a gold armor variant i would be all over that. gold armor with red trim would look amazing, should have been that way from the start.

after long consideration i have decided to pass of this statue. really don't like the red armor at all. i love the sculpt but the paint just ruined it for me.

if there is ever a gold armor variant i would be all over that. gold armor with red trim would look amazing, should have been that way from the start.

I passed because statue is very expensive and red armor looks silly on a Greek God. If anyone is selling Medusa I want to buy please

I passed because statue is very expensive and red armor looks silly on a Greek God. If anyone is selling Medusa I want to buy please

Your decision guys. I understand if your not a completest its not that important.
Ares is our best selling Olympic God thus far, and will look great in the line up after we are all done with them all.

After Hades this Ares will be much in demand.

The statue itself has mass and the base is very detailed.
Actually we cut the cost down by $80 from the higher $600 price point

I don't know what everybody is complaining about. This is one of the coolest statues I've ever seen.

the sculpt is amazing don't get me wrong. i love the sculpt so much but the paint is just wrong.

i was actually considering buying it and having it repainted but that would cost a lot for a statue so big. also averone hinted at the possibility of a gold variant at some point.

I like the red. I just think they should make the gold that he does have stand out more. Especially the emblem on his chest. I'm sure Hurcules will be gold along with some of the other olympians. If they're all painted gold I think it might look kind of cheezy. His Roman name is Mars, so the color kind of goes with that whole thing. I sure they'll make a few adjustments to the paint, and when this thing is finished people who see this statue in hand will be amazed. I do think the exclusive head needs some work though. I think his hair line goes back too far. He's a god, he shouldn't look like he's going bald.:lol Maybe add some pupils to it, and have the mouth closed. Then it would show another aspect of the character. One where he's not in a god like rage, but a more calm I'm finished slaughtering these infidels kind of look.

I like the red. I just think they should make the gold that he does have stand out more. Especially the emblem on his chest. I'm sure Hurcules will be gold along with some of the other olympians. If they're all painted gold I think it might look kind of cheezy. His Roman name is Mars, so the color kind of goes with that whole thing. I sure they'll make a few adjustments to the paint, and when this thing is finished people who see this statue in hand will be amazed. I do think the exclusive head needs some work though. I think his hair line goes back too far. He's a god, he shouldn't look like he's going bald.:lol Maybe add some pupils to it, and have the mouth closed. Then it would show another aspect of the character. One where he's not in a god like rage, but a more calm I'm finished slaughtering these infidels kind of look.

You got it!
People dont get it till its too late

Hello everyone. I own the entire collection of Sideshow Dinosauria line, and I thought to begin to collect a new line (ARH mythology). What do you think? deserve to start with this statue? I saw a video with this statue and I said it would be a good start.

Back